X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee,
    Looking great. Lights,Camera,Action. My computer has been down so I am using my phone. Ready to start ground testing my Corsair this week. Flew a sport plane today so I can get these rusty fingers and brain working together again. Weather is perfect this week so Corsair could leave the ground sooner than I think, Hope so.
    Hope everyone is getting good flying weather in your area. Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Cool has anyone put the little whistles in behind those vents (whistling death) food 4 thought

Comment

• Elbee
        Elbee commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember when Alpha in his Discord podcasts said we should open up any and all holes and your Corsair should whistle. Adding the EDF whistles would be neat, but I think those would work better on the bottom of the wings or fuselage. I put 4 in the Radiators of my Spitfire/Seafire and didn't really notice any increase in whistling death. Possibly just not enough air going through the radiator boxes. Best, LB

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Hey Y'all, Thought I'd open up the radiator vent panels.

This intake area seems prominent in most of the head-on pictures I have referenced.

Uncertain if this is possible on the actual -1a, but it is on this one.

Will snug down flush to underwing panels when glued.

Best, LB
      Looks great, Elbee!!

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
        Elbee,
        Looking great. Lights,Camera,Action. My computer has been down so I am using my phone. Ready to start ground testing my Corsair this week. Flew a sport plane today so I can get these rusty fingers and brain working together again. Weather is perfect this week so Corsair could leave the ground sooner than I think, Hope so.
        Hope everyone is getting good flying weather in your area. Best Regards, Rex
        Best of luck with the maiden, Rex. I'm sure it will go well. It's a very good model and flyer.

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
          Cool has anyone put the little whistles in behind those vents (whistling death) food 4 thought
          Haven't put any whistles in, but with the MR RC Sound card, one option is the Double Wasp sound with whistle (or without if you chose that), which sounds pretty cool. When you put it in a dive, the whistle comes on.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Cool has anyone put the little whistles in behind those vents (whistling death) food 4 thought
            A friend put these under the wing of his Corsair and it is plenty loud.

Whistle based on whistling Nerf ball whistles but more compact. Needs 3/8 inch hole for mount in clean airflow (not behind an obstacle). Cylinder needs to be perpendicular to airflow, and only the head needs to protude from the plane. Semicircle faces forward. Plenty loud enough for electric R/C plane. Pitch can be changed by changing the length of the cylindrical portion. On an EDF I find inside the intake works better than in the exhaust duct but personally I prefer on the underside of the model for a more subtle effect.

Comment

• ​Corsair Dudes & Dudettes,

Finishing the RH Underside wing adding the Radiator Vent panels; though not entirely scale, it'll do.

I was hoping for a better way to access the OEM Grill Work, but those puppies are in there good.

So with a little creative paintwork; it's good to go.

MG wheel wells are next. More when there is more.

Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Bravo Zulu sir Elbee! Just keeps getting better and better!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Bent-Wing Brethren,

Question: Does this Flightline Corsair come with MG metal retract reinforcement plates?

I pre-ordered my Corsair way back when and I do not remember removing the metal plates from the retract mech when I disassembled those for paintwork or seeing those in the first place.

Any help here would be great.

Best, LB​
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Bent-Wing Brethren,

Question: Does this Flightline Corsair come with MG metal retract reinforcement plates?

I pre-ordered my Corsair way back when and I do not remember removing the metal plates from the retract mech when I disassembled those for paintwork or seeing those in the first place.

Any help here would be great.

Best, LB​
                    Hey Y'all, designed a reinforcement plate. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1427.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	375901
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee,
                      Looks good. I think mine came with metal plates over the retract. I will check and let you know. I probably have the latest up grades ( if any) since I got mine last December. Weather here has been windy. No maiden yet. Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                        Elbee,
                        Looks good. I think mine came with metal plates over the retract. I will check and let you know. I probably have the latest up grades ( if any) since I got mine last December. Weather here has been windy. No maiden yet. Best Regards, Rex
                        Rex, thanks.
                        I have built one other Flightline and 3 Freewing models and all have had a metal reinforcement plate.

Don't know whether my Corsair just didn't get those, whether that is by design, or if I misplaced the plates during disassembly, (not bloody likely ), but I don't have these.

So adapt and overcome as they say.

Crazy windy here, too, but that's Kansas in April.

Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got mine 6 months after release,, from motian ,, so an early production.. absolutely did not have them,, but spitfire does ,, any support on that retract case will help... good sighn lb assembly is started... will make some as well good weather here for next week ,, so hopeing to put it in the air with new scheme

Comment

Got mine 6 months after release,, from motian ,, so an early production.. absolutely did not have them,, but spitfire does ,, any support on that retract case will help... good sighn lb assembly is started... will make some as well good weather here for next week ,, so hopeing to put it in the air with new scheme
                            Thanks Aussie, I was pretty sure I remember someone even commenting early on about no plates. Good to realize I am not completely losing it.. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks Aussie, I was pretty sure I remember someone even commenting early on about no plates. Good to realize I am not completely losing it.. Best, LB
                              Agree with Aussie, mine did not come with metal plates either, but I think I got mine about the same time you did, back when God was a boy! Early on I must have replaced the retracts 2-3 times on each side trying to do a 3 point landing (what the heck was I thinking) and with each busted one, the only thing that broke was the worm screw since it directly takes all the landing pressure. Never cracked the plastic casing. I guess they figured the worm screw would brake long before the casing. Since I had my "come to Jesus moment" and decided to do a powered 2 point landings, for the last 2 years I've had the same retracts in (but still have a bunch of spares in inventory).
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Agree with Aussie, mine did not come with metal plates either, but I think I got mine about the same time you did, back when God was a boy! Early on I must have replaced the retracts 2-3 times on each side trying to do a 3 point landing (what the heck was I thinking) and with each busted one, the only thing that broke was the worm screw since it directly takes all the landing pressure. Never cracked the plastic casing. I guess they figured the worm screw would brake long before the casing. Since I had my "come to Jesus moment" and decided to do a powered 2 point landings, for the last 2 years I've had the same retracts in (but still have a bunch of spares in inventory).
                                Hugh, but did you ever add the metal mounting plates?

I wondered if this was by design (no plates) to prevent ripping the gear mount out of the wing.

I've had flight days where I can screw up a 3 lb sledge hammer, so adding the mount plates gives me some sense of comfort.

Or maybe, Not.

Best, Steve
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hugh, but did you ever add the metal mounting plates?

I wondered if this was by design (no plates) to prevent ripping the gear mount out of the wing.

I've had flight days where I can screw up a 3 lb sledge hammer, so adding the mount plates gives me some sense of comfort.

Or maybe, Not.

Best, Steve
                                  I had to take a look at my FL Corsair that I've had for two years or more, now. Mine does not have those metal reinforcement plates for the main gear. I checked other models like my FMS P-47s and they all have them, but fortunately so far, I haven't had any gear rip out of the Corsair yet (famous last words!) I agree it's probably better to have them than not, but I guess I'll keep whistlin' through the graveyard each time I fly my Corsair without those reinforcing plates!

Davegee

Comment

• Elbee
                                    Elbee commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Interesting. Again, I wonder if that is by design. In either event, the plate gives me somewhere to attach those amazing looking (thanks Dave) brake lines. Best, LB

• Elbee,
                                  I just checked my retracts and mine has metal plates installed from the factory. This must be an upgrade in the batch that I recieved.
                                  Best Regards, Rex

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2978.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	376013Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2978.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	376014

Comment

• Elbee
                                    Elbee commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Thanks Rex, The plates are listed in "Spare Parts" for both Corsairs; however, there are two (2) variations: Set01 and Set02. Set01 has a narrower slot compared to Set02 and in the description does not list it as a Corsair part, whereas Set02 description does list it as a Corsair part. My presumption is the Set01 is for the TW retract and Set02 is for the MG retracts. Best, LB

• Just flew mine today for the first time in 8+ months. So yeah she's alittle dusty.

Comment

• The dumb aussie again tw and mg,, what bleep is that.. been trying to think but just steam comes out my ears

Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      TW=Tail Wheel
                                      MG=Main Gear

I know, right, acronyms that don't matter.
                                      It's a habit...LOL (Laugh Out Loud)

Best to you and yours, Brother.

LB=Lucky Bast@rd, which is Phonetically Pronounced as 'Elbee'.
                                  Working...
                                  X