Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also dont just loosen it take it out to clear the flat rebate,, u will see when it does come out

Comment

• Thanks guys! Yeah, pulled the set screws. I'll try the heat next, that's what it has to be. It's an F4 day, I put the Corsair aside and changed out the elevator servo on a Phantom.

And good call on the inside the bag reminder. Nothing like crawling around the floor looking for c clips with tour readers on.

Comment

• Yep, seems nowadays if I get on the floor it takes forever to get back up, then forget what I was looking for. Where did those youth days go

Comment

• Hey Gents, all the MG set/grub screws are M4 X something. I replaced all the MG Set screws. The Axle with M4 X 5mm and the others are M4 X 3mm. Bag of 50 is $7.00+/- USD at Amazon. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB! I know you printed your wheels, but for others without a 3D printer what did you do in order to switch to Robart wheels? Did you pull the tires and use the stock wheel? Or did you find spacers or bearings to use the robart wheel? I'm finding the bushings thst come with the Robarts are too small, I suppose I can drill them, but the Robart wheel is not that attractive. I'm thinking I can trima and glue the Robart tire to the stock wheel but I fear the fitment will be wonky. What have you guys done?

This is one of those times a printer is calling my name.

jetfool I think as we get older our aging bodies remind us to take advantage of our time, while it's here and now. I never thought my eyesight or hearing would deteriorate, but SOB if it isn't going down hill quickly.

Comment

• Actually, what do you know, the search engine is functioning perfectly. And as I've been reading, I'm not alone in my quest to find the meaningful answers of how to handle the Robarts. Next I'll be searching for the most agreed upon CG and Rates. Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                Actually, what do you know, the search engine is functioning perfectly. And as I've been reading, I'm not alone in my quest to find the meaningful answers of how to handle the Robarts. Next I'll be searching for the most agreed upon CG and Rates. Cheers!
                SE, so you found an answer or do you still need an assist? Let me know. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks!
                  I found some answers that have pointed me in the right direction. A trip to the hardware store and a little tinkering will get it right. I'm glad I got the 3.5"ers.

As for CG and rates I'm open to any input. But it sounds like I better get the Robarts on, choose my batteries, and probably add some weight. Or get a couple of new batteries to make up some weight in balancing, but I need to assess that. I have a few 6000's already, just need to see if those will work well and will read some more on what batteries people have settled on, mah wise.

There's a lot of good information and examples, even going back a few years in this thread. You've done some great work LB!

Comment

• SanExup,

I made some bushings for Davegee,Elbee and myself from brass rod, 1/4” turned down and bored to fit the Robart wheels and stock axle. I think Elbee did a complete new wheel for his though. If you need a pair of bushings PM me your address and I will send you a pair. Mine spin freely on the axles and no wobble

​​​​​​ Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                      Thanks!...a little tinkering will get it right. I'm glad I got the 3.5"ers. But it sounds like I better get the Robarts on....
                      SE, I thank you and your choice to add the "Three point Fives" to your bent winged beauty is a good call.

If you'd like, shoot me PM: I have an idea how you could dress those out a little.

Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• As I'm finding, there are quite few birdcage planes to model after. I still haven't decided but I'm finding some interesting stories along the way. And some better photos than I expected to be able to find.

Comment

• The Birdcage’s are well photographed. I think we needed heroes at that point in time and the Marines were taking on the Japanese daily and slowly getting the upper hand. Which ever one you choose the many photos give you a good sense of the weathering that these planes had. Rex

Comment

• Hi Corsair pilots! Finally the FL Corsair arrived to my workshop. I was asked to do new paint scheme and some minor details on that warbird. Actually that is the the first Corsair I am working on. No RC or plastic kit before. I got it with paints, well I did not choose them. I hope, they are look scale.
                            The base paint coat is done and did also some paint work on dummy radial engine.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	358180979_650793480432914_2927598061577663264_n.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	381436Click image for larger version

Name:	357921275_1254284348781463_5499345118419331569_n.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	381437Click image for larger version

Name:	358274987_215194294813225_3405096883398183413_an.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	381439Click image for larger version

Name:	358178683_998396817858085_8535916099029598693_n.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	381438​​

Comment

• Prekin looking good so far. Colors are mostly in the 'eye of the beholder' IMHO. If those are the owner's chosen colors, then those are perfect. Photos don't do most colors justice. Nice work on the OEM dummy engine, too. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• nice comment LB, thank you. You are correct, photos are not the best for justice. It depends on camera, same as on screen... one color can look different on two or more screens.

Comment

• Nicely done Prekin. Going to look great when you finish it. Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Corsair Crew, WooHOOOOO! First time on her feet and she's shiney as a new dime (gonna work on that some).

Picture below is the only known picture of BN 50007 of VMF-114 Death Dealers, Peleliu 1943 that I could find.

I chose this livery as I had never seen this photo and thought the livery was stunning.

I found out later that this squadron has quite a history and much of it was lost until recently.

I will post a ewe-toob link that davegee sent me about a family who put together a short documentary about VMF-114.

So to date, OEM Electronics are done, but still some paint work to do and all the extra LED lights (6) wiring to clean up.

Functional servo driven sliding canopy and cowl flaps.

Full 3DP cockpit, Pilot Figure with many 3DP designed and printed scale details throughout the build.

Flightline and Motion just knocked this model out of the park. It just begs to be flown and deserves to be detailed.

Best as always, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	VMF-114 'Death Dealers' F4u Corsair 1943 Large - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	381601
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• VMF-114 Death Dealers on PeleliuPart of Aviation in the Pacific Week 2More WW2TV content about New Guinea and the Solomon Islandshttps://youtube.com/playlist...

Hey all,

here is the ewe-toob link to the VMF-114 Death Dealers on Peleliu.

Enjoy.

Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                        Corsair Crew, WooHOOOOO! First time on her feet and she's shiney as a new dime (gonna work on that some).

Picture below is the only known picture of BN 50007 of VMF-114 Death Dealers, Peleliu 1943 that I could find.

I chose this livery as I had never seen this photo and thought the livery was stunning.

I found out later that this squadron has quite a history and much of it was lost until recently.

I will post a ewe-toob link that davegee sent me about a family who put together a short documentary about VMF-114.

So to date, OEM Electronics are done, but still some paint work to do and all the extra LED lights (6) wiring to clean up.

Functional servo driven sliding canopy and cowl flaps.

Full 3DP cockpit, Pilot Figure with many 3DP designed and printed scale details throughout the build.

Flightline and Motion just knocked this model out of the park. It just begs to be flown and deserves to be detailed.

Best as always, LB

Click image for larger version Name:	VMF-114 'Death Dealers' F4u Corsair 1943 Large - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	381601
                                        Superlative work there, LB! Can't wait to see it up in the air!! Was "007" the one flown by the CO Robert "Cowboy" Stout, by any chance?

Davegee

Comment

• My friend Elbee you have done a marvelous job on that beauty! Wow, what a stunner. I've seen some nice Corsairs in this thread but boy you and davegee have a couple of next level lovelies.

I can't wait to see her dirtied up a bit and some flight video and tales of successful sorties! Well done!!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X