X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aros,

Make sure you seal it with poly clear, it will make the surface much harder. Please,please make some modifcations to the stock airframe. Last winter I spent four months adding many of Elbee's STL 3-D acc. (grandson printed them at his high school), painted and weathered it. Stock version is beautiful but with a little TLC it became a real minature plane. Glad you have another one in your fleet.

Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
      3 screws at front and the prop.. not lookin hard enuf.
      Ah! I was looking on the outside of the cowl, not the dummy radial area. Thanks!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• After I pulled my head out of unsavory places, didn’t turn out too bad! Painted the prop tips, added the prop decals as well…

image widget
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Does anyone know where this goes?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5278.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	394718
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• if my dad was still alive I could ask him, he was on the Shangri-la when they had a squadron of F4Us on board and was one the few mechanics that knew them well, always his, and mine favorite warbird

Comment

• F4U Corsair Markings Placement Sheet.pdf

Aros

This PDF represents the placement guide I am using.

I do not see that particular stencil in this group.

The set you are using seems to be based on a Tamiya kit (?).

I am stumped but there must be documentation somewhere that includes that stencil.

I did a quick search on the inter-web-thingie and have not found a location for that one.

Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• The "Service Change Incorporated" stencil on the Corsair F4U is typically located on the left side of the aircraft, near the forward section of the fuselage. It's often positioned below the cockpit area.

-Hal 9000

Name:	Screenshot_20240115-190046_Chrome.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	394931

Comment

• Thanks ya'll!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I hadn't flown my Corsair for couple of months due to other projects I was swamped with and the holidays. I took advantage of some great weather this week to get my Corsair up for a couple of flights. This really has to be one of my best, favorite, and scale-looking foamies that I have or have had over the past several years. It flew beautifully from the get-go, and came back safely after a couple of flights. I could have lost it when I "dumb thumbed" one of the sticks while trying to change the aileron rate from low to mid rate, but somehow I recovered and continued to an uneventful landing. Snow and rain are coming tomorrow, so this is a good time to pack things up for a few days until it passes. But Punxsutawney Phil says it is going to be a short winter, so we'll see...

Cheers

Davegee

Name:	IMG_1675.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	396114

Comment

• Still looks like a real one.. specially with that beautiful mountain background. My corsais up on jackstands,, waiting for new gear,,( again).. was at the industrial park,, and was too lazy to walk the 100 yard to my normal runway.. needless to say,did not see the little pot holes where i landed ,, and bang 2 gear gone... boy ive some fun with it over a long period.... my son did a u tube vid for me ,, so over the wend will get him to post on here for me(cause im dummy) by for now

Comment

• Sorry about the gear incident, f4u aussie. But you’ll be back to flying soon, I know it. Would love to see a video from your son of one of your flights!

davegee

Comment

• davegee, beautiful photo. Sir; like a picture from a magazine. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks, Elbee. That mountain to the north is called Heart Mountain. Summit elevation is about 8,500 feet MSL. I have not climbed it yet as at some times of the year there are grizzlies up there. But it is a goal of mine to climb it someday. In the meantime, it makes for a nice backdrop for pics at our flying field!

Comment

• Comment

• It's been hard work too get help . Mind my son's swear word.. but finally hear is my baby. His fone was low and I was hoping 4 good landing.. never mind

Comment

It's been hard work too get help . Mind my son's swear word.. but finally hear is my baby. His fone was low and I was hoping 4 good landing.. never mind
                                  Hi f4u aussie: I think your son did a fine job with the videos, especially if he used a cell phone camera which isn't the easiest thing to do to track a fast moving object like your Corsair! Your flying looked very nice, I liked the closer up shots as it flew past the camera. The plane looked great while you were flying it. Keep up the good work!!👍👍👍

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• We will get better, im sure,, thanx davegee

Comment

• Its an old thread,, but i dont care,, always watchin stuff( utube) on this awsome craft..... my brother and i always heard about end of of ww2 f4u,s being pushed off carriers.. lend lease bla bla...... im not going to post the vid but here is its name from 2 weeks ago(why did britain use american f4u corsairs the full story) anyway the f4u s that were pushed off carriers,,, were off the coast,, here in northern australia.. in 1946.. around 720 of them(godforbid) in the nineties we raised a couple but salt had done its job just a fun fact for me( as an aussie) and all have fun b safe

Comment

Its an old thread,, but i dont care,, always watchin stuff( utube) on this awsome craft..... my brother and i always heard about end of of ww2 f4u,s being pushed off carriers.. lend lease bla bla...... im not going to post the vid but here is its name from 2 weeks ago(why did britain use american f4u corsairs the full story) anyway the f4u s that were pushed off carriers,,, were off the coast,, here in northern australia.. in 1946.. around 720 of them(godforbid) in the nineties we raised a couple but salt had done its job just a fun fact for me( as an aussie) and all have fun b safe
                                        cool but sad story, f4u aussie. I was not aware of that!

I spent a couple weeks several years ago looking for USA MIAs in the Palau area. There was a F4U that was hit by enemy fire and had to ditch in the ocean. He did a perfect job, and fortunately was rescued by friendly forces before the Japanese could get him. That Corsair has remained there all this time relatively undamaged. It is in about 45-50 feet of water, sitting on a sand bottom. The canopy is locked open and the controls are just as you'd expect them for an emergency ditching. All the paint is off the plane now, it is silver, and the fabric covered parts on the wings, elevators, and rudder are now "skeletons" of a framework where the fabric once covered them. It was an amazing thing to see.

Comment

• Lots of good books about the English carrier pilots with the Corsair. Much different attitude than the Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                          X