• Show
Clear All

• Yes, Happy Birthday. Big milestone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      [USER="2297"]

yesterday was my #70

she's a bit chubby, but she's cute.

Well Happy 70th! You really don't look a day over 69! Obviously your CO keeps you young and vibrant!

Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks, as with each of your incredibly creative modifications, you're definitely teaching a few of us Old Dogs new tricks! (Bet you thought I was going to call you an Old Dog-no such luck)

And don't worry about it being a little heavy, has plenty of power and the extra weight will make it more stable in funky winds.

In the vernacular of everyone here (except me of course-have enough trouble with English) Felix Compleanos.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman, "Hah, Feliz cumpleaños!!" I think I got that once in Matamoras and was told to rub Tequila on it from the inside.

Yeppers, "She who must be obeyed" has a bit-o-drill sergeant in her and I mean no disrespect to DI's past or present. It's the way she looks at me sometimes... mmu-uh, but I digress.

Thank you, Hugh and it's you and all the rest that teach me, too.

Y'all are fearless and I just cant help but play along.

Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yep, I hear you, next month I'll be celebrating the 20th anniversary of my 50th birthday as well!
          To quote Gus MacCrae in Lonesome Dove, "It ain't about dying Woodrow, it's about livin'."
          I try to live with that in mind. I run across some young kids with attitude occasionally and remind them of the two constants of the universe:
          1) I'll never be your age again, and
          2) If you're lucky, you WILL be mine...If you're lucky!

Sometimes a good fart is as good as sex!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Happy belated my dear friend Elbee! If I could look 1/3 as good as you at 70 I would be over the moon. You are one of the treasures of this little corner of the Interwebs. May you have at least 25 more trips around the Sun in good health with lots of laughs. And I can help with the laughs if you continue to chart my professional RC crashing career.

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                Happy belated my dear friend Elbee! If I could look 1/3 as good as you at 70 I would be over the moon. You are one of the treasures of this little corner of the Interwebs. May you have at least 25 more trips around the Sun in good health with lots of laughs. And I can help with the laughs if you continue to chart my professional RC crashing career.

I thank you, good Sir, but you'd needed to have "started out" half as good-lookin' if my math serves.

Taking a hiatus from the bench. Summer is now officially here and it's hotter than blue blazes which also brings us the Texas Hairdryer winds.

A good time to clean up the hanger, UGH, and finish the paintwork/weathering on the Corsair, YEA!

I also noticed a ding on my Phantom which had to be from last Fall to repair; which made me think I should do another F-4 in our McConnell AFB West Gate Guard USAF Bu No 660271 of the 127th TFS 184 FG KsANG Jayhawks livery.
                I have that pesky Tomcat (not really pesky) I cannot wait to do. I pushed the "BUY" button the Mitchell, so I have at least another 25 years worth of projects.

Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes Sir,
                  the team went right to the factory and picked up brand spanking new F8F-1 Bearcats. There is a picture of the team waiting outside the hanger dressed up in a variety of naval flight gear to pickup the planes.
                  After take off they proceeded to display the acrobatic capabilities of the Bearcats over the airfield to the delight of the Grumman employees that heard the noise and came outside to watch!....

Comment

• Yes very happy birthday lb from down under (better late than never) lots of fun to have yet thats funny grossman,, i recently had the8th anniversary( of my 50th) i can b 50 forever now flew the old dog on the weekend still awsome,, but hese upset that james said(no zero wont sell enuf in foam) oh well gota band together now may jump on the p47 wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                      Yes very happy birthday lb from down under (better late than never) lots of fun to have yet thats funny grossman,, i recently had the8th anniversary( of my 50th) i can b 50 forever now flew the old dog on the weekend still awsome,, but hese upset that james said(no zero wont sell enuf in foam) oh well gota band together now may jump on the p47 wagon
                      Many Thanks, Mate.

Yeah, I gotta agree with you about a Zeke.

I might be a bit bias, but I think a foam adversary for the Corsair is a no-brainer.

I've taken a hard look at the Nexa and it is a nice looking airframe, but to my eye something is out of proportion, I don't even know, what.

I have not compared it side-by-side with actual photos, so I could be full of it, too.

Frankly, it's a 'crap-shoot' right, and what the heck do I know about what sells, I'm just a consumer.

Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wish they would reconsider and release a Zero. I think they would sell a lot and most Zeros fly well. I’d also like to see a 1600mm SBD-3 I would buy either one or both. Just my.02
                        Best Regards, Rex

ps. Dang heat is killing me. Told wife I just have to stay in basement and work on planes. Don’t think she fell for it. LOL

Comment

• Yes it’s hot. I decided to fly quads today so I can (against all rules) fly from under the shelter.

Comment

• We have a fun fly with a neighboring town club sat. Don’t know if it’s going to be a lot of fun if this heat keeps up

Comment

• This is the year I'm actually going to follow through with putting A/C in my shop space.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                                Wish they would reconsider and release a Zero. I think they would sell a lot and most Zeros fly well. I’d also like to see a 1600mm SBD-3 I would buy either one or both. Just my.02
                                Best Regards, Rex

ps. Dang heat is killing me. Told wife I just have to stay in basement and work on planes. Don’t think she fell for it. LOL
                                That ruse with your wife was worth a try. You've probably been married too long for her to fall for any of your excuses to get down to the basement to work on your planes! (LOL)
                                Stay cool, if you can!

Davegee

Comment

• Going on 41years so she has heard all the excuses. A/c went out and son in law has his a/c business but he can’t get to us until late this evening, his phone is ringing off the hook and his men are all busy. Guess I’ll just have to stay in basement where it’s cool

Comment

Going on 41years so she has heard all the excuses. A/c went out and son in law has his a/c business but he can’t get to us until late this evening, his phone is ringing off the hook and his men are all busy. Guess I’ll just have to stay in basement where it’s cool
                                    Are you SURE you didn't break the A/C on purpose so you could go to the basement to work on your airplanes?? Ha!

Davegee

Comment

• Nope! When MOMMA is hot I,m in trouble. Son in law came by while I was at our club fun fly and finished installing the new A/C. Nice and cool again, took a 2hr nap after I got home and feel like a new man. Next week is supposed to be nice. May maiden the Corsair. Its ready just need to build up my courage (Looks so nice sitting on the dining room table).
                                      Best Regards, Rex

Comment

Nope! When MOMMA is hot I,m in trouble. Son in law came by while I was at our club fun fly and finished installing the new A/C. Nice and cool again, took a 2hr nap after I got home and feel like a new man. Next week is supposed to be nice. May maiden the Corsair. Its ready just need to build up my courage (Looks so nice sitting on the dining room table).
                                        Best Regards, Rex
                                        Good deal on the A/C! I guess sons-in-law are good for something (LOL!)

Good luck whenever you decide to maiden your beautiful Corsair. I'm sure you've checked everything time and time again, and now it all eventually comes down to putting it up in the air to see how it flies.

I'm currently grounded; when I was at the field the other day, I discovered that suddenly my roller switch on my DX18 could be clicked up and down, but not rolled to scroll anything in the menus. It was clearly broken, and couldn't be used to fly anything. So, I sent it in to Horizon where it's on its way now. I also did something I should have done years ago (had this great DX 18 for many years now) in buying a backup transmitter with all my planes on that one, too. So, they had a discounted factory reconditioned used DX 9 on sale, and I ordered it. So, I shouldn't have this issue again, hopefully. I'll probably be down for a couple of weeks.

I used some of this free time to construct a paper model of the Hubble Space Telescope in 1/48 scale. This one was just to familiarize myself for a 1:15 scale model that I will be scratchbuilding to be installed in the 1:15 scale shuttle model I am repurposing for the NASM. This paper model is about 10 inches high and the one that I will be building will be 3.2 times bigger to be around 34 inches long.

Good luck with your maiden, whenever you decide to do it. You'll know when the right time is and I'm sure it will come out fine for you. It really is a sweet flying airplane.

Cheers

Davegee

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	383200

Comment

• Hello. I would like to buy this F4U, but how do you transport the plane? Do the wings come off easily ? Thank you !

Comment

Working...
                                          X