Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Y'all, Finishing the wheel well by reconnecting the door linkages to see if the new strut covers and all work properly.

All good, but does anyone else see that the model's strut door is just 'not quite right'?

I won't elaborate.

Next up, the port wing, Woo-Hoo, which should go more quickly!

Hah!

Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanx lucky lookin forward to seeing your work of art fd, (finished)luv the bake lines etc

Comment

• Elbee
        Elbee commented
        Editing a comment
        I thank you, Sir.

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hugh, but did you ever add the metal mounting plates?

Best, Steve
      Never added the metal mounting plates. I was fairly rough on the gear when I first got it, replacing at least 2-3 on each side and yet never cracked the plastic gear casing, and believe me, I tried. Worm screw always went first, kinda acted like a burst disk for over pressure on a scuba tank. I could be wrong, but adding metal mounting plates might be like locking the front door and leaving the back door wide open with a flashing neon sign: ENTER HERE!
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
        Elbee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I hear you loud and clear. My plates are 1mm thick PLA which is tough stuff ,but more brittle than bendy (Actual Measuring Linguistic Term) LOL. Thanks Hugh as always, sage advice. Steve

• is there a wiring harness that makes it easier to take wing on and off for transport and storage???

Comment

• Originally posted by micadesgns2 View Post
        is there a wiring harness that makes it easier to take wing on and off for transport and storage???
        MD, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Unfortunately, no. The 'plug-in' at the wing roots and the four bolts are the existing method. On the upside. it is easier than most to assemble and disassemble. There are components available to build your own wiring harnesses. Check out "The Lighter Side of RC" videos. https://www.youtube.com/@thelightersideofrc This guy builds all the wiring harnesses for his Turbine Jets. He uses pin connectors and a crimp tool. I do not know the manufacturers of these, but I think he has listed those before. Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• thank you, storage will be my problem, im sure it will fit in my truck assembled

Comment

Hey Y'all, Finishing the wheel well by reconnecting the door linkages to see if the new strut covers and all work properly.

All good, but does anyone else see that the model's strut door is just 'not quite right'?

I won't elaborate.

Next up, the port wing, Woo-Hoo, which should go more quickly!

Hah!

Best, LB
            Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	329
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	376188
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif Views:	8 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	376188

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fort Thomas.png Views:	0 Size:	355.5 KB ID:	376198
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Its been near 6 months.. flew my f4u tday,, anzac day here.,, ( a celebraition of our vets,, etc) looks great in the air with new scheme,, and plastic engine mount.... on rails per normal.. only 1 prob pre flight.. a fluttering aileron... so swapped ribbon cables at blue box (likely coincedence) to fix problem ,, flew well may replace ribbon cables and blue box,, to b sure.. 2 flights and 1 on p51

Comment

• Corsair Crew,

Right wing assembly is completed including painted linkages.

I'll begin the other wing tomorrow, but tonight we celebrate with sushi and ice cream.

WhooooHoo

Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looking good. Those painted control rods,ect really blends in with overall color. Great job,Elbee

Comment

Corsair Crew,

Right wing assembly is completed including painted linkages.

I'll begin the other wing tomorrow, but tonight we celebrate with sushi and ice cream.

WhooooHoo

Best, LB
                      Is the sushi flavored ice cream back in the stores??? (LOL) Great job, can't wait to see it all together.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Love the attention to detail as always my friend!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Corsair Crew, started out simply repeating for the Port Wing all I had done on the Starboard; however, I just could not get past the strut door shape and size.

So here is my interpretation of a bit better scale strut panel.

Still needs a couple tweaks, but I like it, and I will need to do re-do the RH wing.

Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Excellent Elbee. I saw on mine it was not correct but will live with it this season. Figure I can add more details next building season. Flying gods are calling and I'm finding it harder to stay in the shop. Hope May brings us all better weather. Tired of the rain and wind. Rate this is going you will maiden yours before I do. Later my Friend, Rex

Comment

Corsair Crew, started out simply repeating for the Port Wing all I had done on the Starboard; however, I just could not get past the strut door shape and size.

So here is my interpretation of a bit better scale strut panel.

Still needs a couple tweaks, but I like it, and I will need to do re-do the RH wing.

Best, LB
                              Good work, Elbee! (BTW, they have finished fixing my Prusa mini, and I think it is on its way home to me as we speak!)

Davegee

Comment

• Davegee,
                                Great news on your Prusa. Won't be long and you will be making scale parts. I believe your learning curve will be quick. Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                                  Davegee,
                                  Great news on your Prusa. Won't be long and you will be making scale parts. I believe your learning curve will be quick. Rex
                                  Thanks, Rex. Hopefully it will work well this time. They have tested and printed out some scale parts I had on my USB dirive, like the Corsair wheel hubs, for instance. They now print out fine, which was something I could not get it to do before, even with chat line for hours with their experts. I have to say the guys at Prusa are excellent with customer relations, they let me ship the whole thing back to the Czech Republic and back at their expense, and are throwing in a large spool of PLA for free. If everything works out this time, despite all the woes I have been through on this thing, it will be all worth it.

Still crummy weather in Indiana for flying?

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Davegee,
                                    Nice to know that there are good companies out there that treat their customers after sales well. When I purchase mine it will be a Prussa. Probably purchase mine this fall. Right now grandson and I are restoring our 04 golf cart. Lift kit, big tires/wheels, engine overhaul and some painting. He is wanting to learn all this so it’s a good investment for both of us. I thought rc plane parts were expensive. LOL
                                    Weather here is still bad so work on the cart started in garage today. Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                                      Davegee,
                                      Nice to know that there are good companies out there that treat their customers after sales well. When I purchase mine it will be a Prussa. Probably purchase mine this fall. Right now grandson and I are restoring our 04 golf cart. Lift kit, big tires/wheels, engine overhaul and some painting. He is wanting to learn all this so it’s a good investment for both of us. I thought rc plane parts were expensive. LOL
                                      Weather here is still bad so work on the cart started in garage today. Best Regards, Rex
                                      Good luck with the golf cart while you await better flying weather which is sure tp come soon!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

Working...
                                      X