X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ad-md31091-300

Cropduster7 , Welcome To Hobby Squawk, SIr.

Like f4u ausie wrote,​ I have had a similar issue using the OEM configuration.

The URL above is link to the stock servo.

In the end, I re-bent and filed the "Z" bend wire to lower the profile to eliminate the interference with Robart wheel and tire combo.

If I cannot get consistent performance with that fix, I will use a different linkage set up; something with a clevis at the servo and a ball link at the door.

Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for the responses. That area is really tight height-wise. I finally found 2 servos that will work, now to get some linkage bent up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cropduster7 View Post
        Thanks for the responses. That area is really tight height-wise. I finally found 2 servos that will work, now to get some linkage bent up.
        Thats hard work u can buy a pushrod set ( mayb easier) from motion.. some have the bigger robart wheels as lb said so less room(ended up removing mine) but they look way better..

Comment

• It's just a z-bend on a threaded rod, I'd rather do it custom anyway.
          My plane was scuffed up a bit and paint flaking off around the battery compt so I took the hatch to Home Depot and had them paint match a quart of Behr flat exterior latex paint. I used an airbrush and you can't even tell it was touched up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
            Folks, I have added the STL files as a ZIP file to both Corsair Support pages. You can download them here:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...np#support-tab
            Hi, I dont find the 3D files for the cockpit. Can sombody help me? Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Warbirdfan29 View Post

Hi, I dont find the 3D files for the cockpit. Can sombody help me? Thanks a lot!!!

WF, Go to Page 2, Post #24 of this thread, the OEM STL Files are there.

These same STL Files were deleted from the Motion-RC website regardless of the above post by Aros, but that might be an old quote, too.

Those OEM Cockpit STL Files/Parts will need a little massaging to fit well.

I suggest you test print and then open the files in a CAD program or good slicer and remove portions that do not fit.

You will also need to do a bit of foam surgery, but all good.

Good luck, Sir and let us know how you are doing.

Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

WF, Go to Page 2, Post #24 of this thread, the OEM STL Files are there.

These same STL Files were deleted from the Motion-RC website regardless of the above post by Aros, but that might be an old quote, too.

Those OEM Cockpit STL Files/Parts will need a little massaging to fit well.

I suggest you test print and then open the files in a CAD program or good slicer and remove portions that do not fit.

Youj will also need to do a bit of foam surgery, but all good.

Good luck, Sir and let us know how you are doing.

Best, LB
                Good morning Elbee,
                thank you very much!!! 👍
                I simply missed the links under the cockpit pictures. I think I'm getting old...​
                Kind regards
                J.

Comment

• Hey folks, thought we'd share this one with you. Nice tribute to a few important things to us, and a decent scale flight.

Remember the Blacksheep! In Model AV8R episode 105, we feature our FlightLine RC F4U Corsair in the latest installment of our "Model AV8R Scale Flights" seri...

Comment

• Originally posted by Model AV8R View Post
                    Hey folks, thought we'd share this one with you. Nice tribute to a few important things to us, and a decent scale flight.
                    Adam, very nicely done, Sir. Greatly enjoy your videos and commentary over on the ewe-toob. The scale series is top-notch. Best, Steve
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Adam, very nicely done, Sir. Greatly enjoy your videos and commentary over on the ewe-toob. The scale series is top-notch. Best, Steve
                      Thanks very much! We appreciate the support. Glad you enjoy the scale series, its my favorite way to fly.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20231015_121016.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	388807 Glad I finally got around to flying this beauty! I put in about 6 or 7 flights this past weekend, and once I dialed down my elevator rates it became my new favorite! And then I put in about 6 or 7 flights on my P47, first time flying it as well. They both are fantastic. I have Robarts on both, so I don't know any different in terms of how they land with the hard tires. But they both do well on the featured lake bed I fly from. Though I can't wait to try them at an airstrip without rocks and potholes. I flew a P51 and the FW Spitfire as well, just to round out the experience. I do need to figure out my flap settings though. I was able to tweak them a little but I ended up landing with half flaps every time. I need to get my elevator settings right for full flaps and then fly the pattern 20 times with flaps down I think.

Long flight times and surprisingly cool batteries post flight with the P47. Though one of my flap servos quit on the last flight and I had to land without flaps. The P47 landing without flaps takes some concentration to not bounce the wings off.

I love big warbirds I cannot lie!

Comment

• I too land half flaps,, tip stalled , couple years ago,, with full flaps.. 2 trains of thought ,, full with bit more power, or half with less..... most end up at low elev rates 4 scale flight,, congrats sanex.. its awsome to fly,, and just even look at

Comment

• Corsair Connoisseurs, I have 'Published' my FlightLine 1600mm Corsair Cowl Flap Modification with Prusa Printables.

The link is above and I will post this in the 3DP Thread as well.

This mod is for both of the FlightLine Corsairs, Bubble and Birdcage.

Any questions/comments, please PM me.

Best, LB​
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20231015_121016.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	388807 Glad I finally got around to flying this beauty! I put in about 6 or 7 flights this past weekend, and once I dialed down my elevator rates it became my new favorite! And then I put in about 6 or 7 flights on my P47, first time flying it as well. They both are fantastic. I have Robarts on both, so I don't know any different in terms of how they land with the hard tires. But they both do well on the featured lake bed I fly from. Though I can't wait to try them at an airstrip without rocks and potholes. I flew a P51 and the FW Spitfire as well, just to round out the experience. I do need to figure out my flap settings though. I was able to tweak them a little but I ended up landing with half flaps every time. I need to get my elevator settings right for full flaps and then fly the pattern 20 times with flaps down I think.

Long flight times and surprisingly cool batteries post flight with the P47. Though one of my flap servos quit on the last flight and I had to land without flaps. The P47 landing without flaps takes some concentration to not bounce the wings off.

I love big warbirds I cannot lie!
                              Great flight report, SanExup! I'm glad you are getting your Corsair and P-47 dialed in. With a few more flights and experiments, you'll find out which ones work best for you and your particular airplanes.

Which P-47 do you have, the FMS 1500mm??

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Nice job San! My hope is that Freewing comes out with a 1600mm Razorback!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Bubble top 4 me if not zero

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                    Bubble top 4 me if not zero
                                    I'm with f4uausie, a bubbletop Jug for me!

Comment

• Thanks Aros, everyone, glad to join the club! f4u ausie I had it hanging in my shop, front and center for a while and I think that's why it took me a while to get around to flying, it's a dream to look at!!

davegee The FMS! My only complaint is the wing to fuse attachment. How the hell am I supposed to bring a few planes to fly when it takes up so much space in my truck bed! If only the wing were a little easier to take on and off. Otherwise it flies so amazingly well. It really rips around, though I'd like to try the Fms Corsair prop. But even by the second battery I was putting it through its paces. Another minor complaint is the tail is light and bounces on the rough terrain while taxiing, but I'm being nit picky. I thought of putting more forward rake on the mains but we'll see, high rate elevator for taxiing on bumpy terrain is a must. Dave, you said it was a great plane and you own a few, that was what inspired me to get it.

And it was Elbee 's lusty Corsair that made me want the big bent wing beauty. I can't wait to fly it again and to start weathering it over the winter.

Also it landed on a boat, the Navy/Marines planes are pretty much guaranteed to end up in my hangar.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                        Thanks Aros, everyone, glad to join the club! f4u ausie I had it hanging in my shop, front and center for a while and I think that's why it took me a while to get around to flying, it's a dream to look at!!

davegee The FMS! My only complaint is the wing to fuse attachment. How the hell am I supposed to bring a few planes to fly when it takes up so much space in my truck bed! If only the wing were a little easier to take on and off. Otherwise it flies so amazingly well. It really rips around, though I'd like to try the Fms Corsair prop. But even by the second battery I was putting it through its paces. Another minor complaint is the tail is light and bounces on the rough terrain while taxiing, but I'm being nit picky. I thought of putting more forward rake on the mains but we'll see, high rate elevator for taxiing on bumpy terrain is a must. Dave, you said it was a great plane and you own a few, that was what inspired me to get it.

And it was Elbee 's lusty Corsair that made me want the big bent wing beauty. I can't wait to fly it again and to start weathering it over the winter.

Also it landed on a boat, the Navy/Marines planes are pretty much guaranteed to end up in my hangar.

Very good, SanExup! I think the Flightline Corsair is one of my best flying airplanes, and I've had mine for about 3 years now, tons of successful flights. So far, just minor repairs required. One time, I was flying it and had it on a downwind leg to position it for landing. When I dropped the gear, I could see something that looked like a "bomb" depart the airplane. Turns out it was one of the main gear wheels! I soon figured I better investigate so brought it by for a low approach, and sure enough one of the wheels was gone. So, I brought it around and got very little scraping on the bottom of the wing without the wheel when I slowed down enough that the wing couldn't be held up any longer. Very minor damage, that's about the worst I can remember on this plane. Lesson learned: Be sure to check the security of the set screw on the bottom of the landing gear that keeps the axle for the wheel from coming off! I do that almost every time I bring the plane out to fly. What happened to that wheel? Well, believe it or not, I DID find it after a fairly short search in the field with a friend. Probably some divine luck in that! /Even better, because I had put the "Elbee" printed wheel covers on the wheels so I didn't want to lose one of those!

I really like the FMS P-47, however I concur with your squawks on the airplane.
                                        1) Yes, the tail is lightly loaded, and even though I operate out of a hard surfaced (but rough!) runway, sometimes I get the tail popping up a bit while taxiing as it it runs over a crack in the runway. I find using full up elevator during taxi seems to keep that movement down to a minimum, as well as a slower taxi speed.

2) Wing connectors are a pain, specifically, the four LONG screws that attach the two wings to the fuse. Fortunately, my truck bed is big enough to accommodate the Corsair and P-47 (one at a time) in the truck bed, but I would like to be able to bring all three of my planes out to the field sometime to photograph and fly together. Haven't done that yet.

3) Another issue to watch for is the "convenient" male/female plugs to connect the electrical parts of the wings to the fuse and battery. If you have a rough landing, one or more of these pins can bend a bit and you'll have a hard time extending/retracting gear, flaps, lights, etc. I had a devil of a time trying to suss out why my left landing gear refused to work after one flight. Since you can't get a good supply of spare parts for this airplane, I bought another one to use as a "parts" airplane for the other three, as needed. Then I got a brainstorm: I noticed on RC Castle that they sold an inexpensive electrical wing connector and I ordered one from Hong Kong. By that time, my new plane came, and I "robbed" the part that I suspected might be the culprit. Sure enough, my "Hairless Joe" plane works perfectly now! So, when that part comes, I'll simply put it back in the new plane, still in its box.

I don't know if I'll build this 4th plane or just leave it in the closet for parts. Chances are, this winter, I'll figure out which paint scheme I want to go with, one I've never done before for sure, and have it ready for next Spring. I hope they come out with other planes that I really want to get for something different!

Have fun with your Corsair and Jug!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

https://www.printables.com/model/618...p-modification

Corsair Connoisseurs, I have 'Published' my FlightLine 1600mm Corsair Cowl Flap Modification with Prusa Printables.

The link is above and I will post this in the 3DP Thread as well.

This mod is for both of the FlightLine Corsairs, Bubble and Birdcage.

Any questions/comments, please PM me.

Best, LB​
                                          Nice work.... what file are you using for the Pilot ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X