X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rollier13 View Post
    Hello. I would like to buy this F4U, but how do you transport the plane? Do the wings come off easily ? Thank you !
    yes very 4 screws and 2 ribbon cables... 3 or 4 minuts its a nice flying plane

Comment

Hello. I would like to buy this F4U, but how do you transport the plane? Do the wings come off easily ? Thank you !
      4 bolts 2 cables and the wing is off or on depending on what you're doing.

Comment

• Does someone use Spektrum RC and AS3x recept ? what settings do you use for gain values ?

Comment

• Dont use spektrum but what i do use the settings on roll yaw and pitch are all set low to mediam it flys rock solid,, and its flown plenty

Comment

Does someone use Spektrum RC and AS3x recept ? what settings do you use for gain values ?
            I'm using the older AR636 RX, so the newer AR637T may be a bit different as it is supposed to be more sensitive. With that said, I am using the AR637T in a 60" balsa FW 190 from Extreme Flight/Aces High and use very similar gain settings as the AR636 in my Corsair. You can start with the following settings in your Corsair: Please note, my FM switch is tied to flaps: Aileron 45% (Flaps up), 70% (Take-off Flaps), 75% (Landing Flaps). Elevator 55%, 75%, 80%. Rudder 60%, 85%, 90%. I use priority of 160 and expos in the 20-30% range, but that's personal preference. I know the gains seem high, but no oscillations for me. If you are using the AR637T, you can always start higher, then adjust the gain down in flight with the gain adjust feature (I use the right knob for that) and dial you're gains in each surface at a time. I don't use SAFE so can't give you any direction there. Let me know if this works for you.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hello (sorry, my english is not really good :-),
              I have received my F4U and built it ! Very nice plane ! All seems to be ok, but I have one little problem : the landing gear closes only after 5 seconds. But almost immediately to open. Is it normal ?
              Normally 1rst take off this evening !

Comment

• Rollier13, Welcome to Hobby Squawk.

Your Gear Sequencing is correct.

It will vary with voltage available, but slower to retract up and more quickly to the fully down position is good.

Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi all, I am new to the forum and the hobby as well. I started RC flight about a year ago, am still learning but I really love it.

I bought this beautiful warbird and had my maiden. Unforunately I broke the landing gear couple times prehaps because of my poor control of speed on that I admit I need to sharpen my skills.

However, the landing gear is so fragile and I think some people already mentioned the weak point is the pin connecting the gear and the retract.

Forgive me I haven't read all the previous posts as there are thousands of them so my question is whether there is a fix for that pin? Any after market part to purchase or any mod suggestion?

Thank you all.

Comment

• Hi gents, anyone got stl for tanks and wing rockets?

Comment

• also would like to know whether canopy from birdcage can be swapped for bubble top variant?

Comment

• ILoveTomcat Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Happy to have you onboard.

The 1600 mm Corsair LG are good as long as you are making good landings.

It has been written many times in this forum that your landing approach and touchdown should be at flying speeds for the wind condition with this airframe.

That said, there is steel 4 & 5 mm diameter music wire available on the Interweb and possibly at your local ACE hardware.

These can be cut and ground to the same dimensions as the OEM parts.

Additionally, these are not as brittle and should bend rather than break in the event of a poor landing.

The real key will be improving your landing techniques, which certainly applies to me, as well.

Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• So I don’t know if anyone has tried it, but I was gifted a Top Fight 60 size Corsair, mostly framed, partially sheeted. I have the old Robart pneumatic gear which go with it….not a fan of those old style pneumatic (old design). Wondering if this retractable unit in this bird would also fit mine. It’s at a point where some changes won’t be too tough. What’s the difference between the main gear unit and the one with the controller.
                          Going electric, not gas or nitro.

Comment

• I would worry about the durability, I would go with eflite retracts personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                              I would worry about the durability, I would go with eflite retracts personally.
                              Great minds think alike- started looking at those after I made the above post, again wondering about fit and could I use the Robart struts with those. Whacha think?

Comment

• Ive been silent for a bit,,,,, but here is my 2 cents worth. I have fms and freewing planes if u fly(no land on crappy places) u will break gear.... not always ur landing.is the cause,,, a small rock or divot can be painful... at times its simply the worm drive bends useing our imagination ,, make an unbreakable gear.. and land bad(whatever the reason) and ya fancy gear pulls outa the foam,,, ALWAYS A WEAK POINT Fly in better places( me) or get better at landing..... best and most fun option.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                                  Great minds think alike- started looking at those after I made the above post, again wondering about fit and could I use the Robart struts with those. Whacha think?
                                  It would all depend on the pin size. I haven't seen the struts for the 60 size corsair robart uses.

Comment

• Guys we had our static display at the local airport fly - in - day., As typical this summer it started off rainy and windy but ended on a sunny note. I displayed my Corsair and FW-190 and had many comments on the scale weathering. Many said it looked like I had shrunk the full size. Made all those months painting and weathering worth it.
                                    Davegee many months ago asked for a picture with me in it so he could tell that I'm not a Robot. So Davegee I have included a photo of me and also a photo of my scale buddy and his 1/4 scale Spitfire. Only took him 8 yrs to build it. He is a recently retired surgeon, so his work is impeccable. I still tease him about being slow on his build. Our wives put up with a lot when we get together. So now that the airshow is over and if the weather agrees I'm ready to maiden this Corsair Elbee, Davegee, and any others, my scale buddy may get involved in a group build this winter with us...................... Best Regards, Rex Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20230909_100041.jpg
Views:	1269
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	386093 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3107.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	386094

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                                      Guys we had our static display at the local airport fly - in - day., As typical this summer it started off rainy and windy but ended on a sunny note. I displayed my Corsair and FW-190 and had many comments on the scale weathering. Many said it looked like I had shrunk the full size. Made all those months painting and weathering worth it.
                                      Davegee many months ago asked for a picture with me in it so he could tell that I'm not a Robot. So Davegee I have included a photo of me and also a photo of my scale buddy and his 1/4 scale Spitfire. Only took him 8 yrs to build it. He is a recently retired surgeon, so his work is impeccable. I still tease him about being slow on his build. Our wives put up with a lot when we get together. So now that the airshow is over and if the weather agrees I'm ready to maiden this Corsair Elbee, Davegee, and any others, my scale buddy may get involved in a group build this winter with us...................... Best Regards, Rex Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20230909_100041.jpg Views:	70 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	386093 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3107.jpg Views:	16 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	386094

Hi Rex: thanks so much for those great pics of you and the Corsair as well as your doctor friend and his beautiful Spittie. Looks like it's in the colors of "Johnnie" Johnson, he was one of my favorite RAF pilots in WWII.

Good luck with the maiden, whenever that occurs. Glad to hear it was so well received by the folks attending the show, as well it should be!

Davegee

Comment

• Hey guys, just joined the forum! I bought this corsair at a swap meet, it had a broken left gear that I fixed and a few other issues. It flies really good!
                                        I have a question. When I got this plane the gear doors and servo were missing. I got the gear doors but I can't find a servo that will work for them, every servo I try is too tall and the strut hits it when the gear is retracted. Does anybody know what servo they use or one that will work??
                                        Thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cropduster7 View Post
                                          Hey guys, just joined the forum! I bought this corsair at a swap meet, it had a broken left gear that I fixed and a few other issues. It flies really good!
                                          I have a question. When I got this plane the gear doors and servo were missing. I got the gear doors but I can't find a servo that will work for them, every servo I try is too tall and the strut hits it when the gear is retracted. Does anybody know what servo they use or one that will work??
                                          Thanks guys.
                                          Welcome to the squark team,,,,, i believe any standard 9 gram servo ,, have had variety in mine,,(lol) bad sighn.. and think they both norma not reverse,, if u want to see pushrod placement, watch some motian vids when gear doors opening closing, (have done that myself) and yes great flyer.. mine has 200 plus flightz

Comment

Working...
                                          X