X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

They look great Dave! Old Hart Mountain sure makes a great back drop doesn't it?
    The Blues did fly the F6F for a short time before they got brand new Bearcats. Now, if I remember right, that's the first and only time they got factory fresh aircraft.

Grossman56
    Right! I had forgotten that they had available F6F Hellcats for a short time before going to the Bearcat for awhile.

Taking pics in front of Heart Mountain like that is like a stamp. I will forever know exactly where I took those pictures. Some of my older stuff, I have to try and remember where I was to shoot those pics, but not up here!

Comment

• Just a quick new pic of progress,,of new scheme

Comment

• Comment

• Very Nice! Rex

Comment

• More progress,, the scale police will scream.. o well its a mismatch of scheames, .. but i like it... its an old well worn airframe... i think yassamite sam and a commerative decal will see it out.. ive had some decal fun..... cred to freewing.. when i first built it.. many decals were water sllides,,,,.. hard work.. i got anew decal kit,, they r all now decals

Comment

• Let them hate, flight museums do this all the time, you're plane, you're choice of scheme. Looks good to me!

Comment

• I see Motion discontinued a bunch of planes recently, including the Corsair Bird Cage and Spitfire. Fortunately they still have the Bubble Top, but wonder if that's only until the inventory runs out. Too bad!
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I take that back, just checked and the Bird Cage is there, in stock. Strange, earlier this morning they only listed the bubble top. Same with the Spitfire. My computer must have a virus.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• It was a glitch on the site.

Comment

• f4u ausie, She looks great. All my liveries are 'fantasy' to some degree. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• As the Big Boys reported elsewhere, some of the EDF's went missing, it's a computer glitch and they're working on it. Fear Not!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Im so happy just one more pic,, must say the large amount of weathering,,, like or dislike ,,, really hides the excessive, gatoring very well.. aside from that i just luv it..cant wait to fly it again been a while

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            Im so happy just one more pic,, must say the large amount of weathering,,, like or dislike ,,, really hides the excessive, gatoring very well.. aside from that i just luv it..cant wait to fly it again been a while
                            F4u, Hah, you can never have too many pictures. She looks great. Bravo, Zulu. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got the Corsair all back together after the ESC went up in flames and toasted all the electronics and the motor. This time, I'm taking no chances!!! I'm using a Spektrum Avian 100A ESC tucked up in the nose and this time, it's not powering the receiver. Since all the new servos came with a tag on the wire stating 5.0/5.5v, I had to use a Castle Creations 10A BEC where I can select the output voltage to 5.5v.(The Avian ESC output is 6v). The input voltage to the BEC can be up to 25v and then regulate it down to 5.5v, so I can now use just about any LiPo/LiFe battery to power the receiver. If for some reason this S%&t happens again, it's not going to take out the receiver and all electronics downstream! Actually, if it "were" to happen again, I'm taking out marshmallows from my flight box and watch it burn!!! :-)

Here is what concerns me a bit. I checked everything out today and ran a power check. The motor is rated at 950W max. with a continuous Amp flow of 60A When I put my power meter on, with a fully charged 6S battery, I'm drawing 1,368 Watts and 58 Amps. That's a lot more than the 950W max the motor is rated at. Now, I get that this is a static bench test and the prop is not unloaded... Ohms Law states 25V x 58A = 1,450W Is this normal??? Does anyone know what the wattage is when flying (unloaded)? I guess I'm just freaking paranoid after watching my ESC go up in flames twice before. Thanks...

Comment

• We made it through this latest snowstorm and although sunny, the high is going to be -5 degrees F today. We're forecast to gradually get "warmer" as we progress through March. This made for a perfect time to do a small scale correction to my Corsair, that being the step built in for the pilot into the cockpit from the inboard flap. Those weren't introduced until the F4U-4 came into existence, so to be proper, I needed to "erase" it. I first started with a thin piece of styrene, but that didn't look quite right. So I removed it and put in putty to fill it in. Lots of sanding , priming, painting, and clear flat spray, and it is finally done. Oh, I added some chalks to give it a weathered look under the intense sun of the South Pacific in WWII. That project is now done. I am now going to put some printed scale looking scissors for the gear. A couple of pics below, one during the patching and the other when it was finished.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0509.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	371513Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0510.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	371514

Comment

• Boy thats cold,,, been 30c all week.here the scale master at his best,, hav not seen anybody do that yet. . And u would not know.. luv that dirty dusty pacific look.. awsome job

Comment

• I'm now going to run a separate 2S 1000mAh LiPo battery to my receiver on the Corsair (and disconnecting the ESC power wire). I've never ran a separate receiver battery before, so I'm not sure how long that battery will last. Does anyone else run a separate receiver battery?

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                      Boy thats cold,,, been 30c all week.here the scale master at his best,, hav not seen anybody do that yet. . And u would not know.. luv that dirty dusty pacific look.. awsome job
                                      Thanks, f4u aussie. Years ago, we had a preschool teacher who had emigrated from Australia to the USA when she got married. She taught our twin daughters., and was great. But as you know, Christmas time in Australia and Colorado, USA have a "slight" temperature difference! I remember her talking about baking a Christmas Day dinner when it was 30 degrees C or hotter and what a pain that was with the outside temps were so hot, too! She preferred Christmas cooking in Colorado, for that reason.

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Weathering looks awsome Dave. Started weathering my wing today. Will post a picture tonight so you all can critic me. Laugh, Cry, Whatever. Need your opinions, first time using pastels and I can remove if I'm doing it wrong. Going by pictures and what my mind says.

Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
                                          Weathering looks awsome Dave. Started weathering my wing today. Will post a picture tonight so you all can critic me. Laugh, Cry, Whatever. Need your opinions, first time using pastels and I can remove if I'm doing it wrong. Going by pictures and what my mind says.

Best Regards, Rex
                                          Will do, Rex. Let's take a look at what you come up with!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

Working...
                                          X