X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lowknifedge View Post
    For those that have the sound system, is it worth the money? Loud enough? Reliability?
    thanks
    I can only say that I have this system in my FMS P-51 and it is plenty loud. The speakers are not conventional, they pulse the sound right through the foam as opposed to cutting holes through the body which is cool. The problem for me personally is that ,since the system is reacting to the throttle stick, if your running out of battery juice,you can't hear it,..... there is no warning 'til your in the weeds. It's very cool to have it mesh with the prop,especially at startup but kind of distracting and misleading.....for me. If I was trying to impress someone, I would turn it on but otherwise I leave it off. To each his own.

Comment

• My prop is slightly wobbly so I tightened the screws in some more but I haven't balanced it and don't have a balancer does everyone here balance there props or do some just fly as is? My two eflight planes I've never worried with.

Comment

• I have the Birdcage an when I received it the wires coming from the tail and rudder servos were disconnected . Can someone take e photo of the blue box to show where these servos are connected .

Thanks , Crazystick

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
          My prop is slightly wobbly so I tightened the screws in some more but I haven't balanced it and don't have a balancer does everyone here balance there props or do some just fly as is? My two eflight planes I've never worried with.
          You don't balance them in the traditional sense (at least, I don't). You weigh each blade and make sure they are all the same. You used the 2 triangular metal pieces in the correct places, right? Mine were all spot on 40.0g each. The central hub is compact enough (small radius) that any slight imperfects won't equate into large imbalances. If you are worried about it, put it together with all the bits marked to where they go back when assembled with the blades and balance just the hub on a prop balancer. You can use small blobs of hot glue in the light spots. If you put too much glue, cut is down with a razor.
          Each blade must be seated properly. It's only when they aren't that you might get a wobble. Also, there are short screws and longer screws. If you mix them up, they won't bite the same and maybe that's why you're getting a wobble. Finally, you may not have "worried" about your 2 Eflite planes but that's an exception. You should ALWAYS worry about prop balance. Even the smallest imbalance (although not noticeable) can, in short time, cause motor mounting screws to work themselves loose or even strip the threads in the screw holes, not to mention wrecking the motor bearings before their time.

Comment

• I just completed mine today and it's ready to be hung up for another 2 months or so when spring finally gets here. The quality of this plane is superb, one of the best I've seen (and I've seen 150 of them). Everything was very well designed and thought out. The only thing that caused me alarm was that one wing, the retract and gear door were plugged into each other's slot. It was a bit of a shock when the retract started to close on the closed doors. With the help of my servo tester, I was able to fairly quickly figure out where they went based on the supplied diagram even though the diagram was backwards. It wasn't hard once I saw which end the lights (2 pin vs 3 pin) were on the wing board.
            I've decided to fly it with the stock 3-blade prop instead of the 4-blade from the FMS 1700mm Corsair. The hex hole was too big (on the FMS prop) to fit over the hex nut on the stock prop shaft base and the shaft was too short to allow me to use the FMS washer, nut and nose cone. I could have clamped the whole thing down with the stock nut but there wouldn't be enough shaft left to attach the stock nose cone and I like the clean look of the nose cone. The FMS prop adapter holes were not the same as the stock one, so it wasn't even possible to swap prop adapters. I'm not sure how TI made it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              You don't balance them in the traditional sense (at least, I don't). You weigh each blade and make sure they are all the same. You used the 2 triangular metal pieces in the correct places, right? Mine were all spot on 40.0g each. The central hub is compact enough (small radius) that any slight imperfects won't equate into large imbalances. If you are worried about it, put it together with all the bits marked to where they go back when assembled with the blades and balance just the hub on a prop balancer. You can use small blobs of hot glue in the light spots. If you put too much glue, cut is down with a razor.
              Each blade must be seated properly. It's only when they aren't that you might get a wobble. Also, there are short screws and longer screws. If you mix them up, they won't bite the same and maybe that's why you're getting a wobble. Finally, you may not have "worried" about your 2 Eflite planes but that's an exception. You should ALWAYS worry about prop balance. Even the smallest imbalance (although not noticeable) can, in short time, cause motor mounting screws to work themselves loose or even strip the threads in the screw holes, not to mention wrecking the motor bearings before their time.
              I've got all of the screws in correct and tight as I can get without stripping the Phillips head screw I will try and find which blade has a wobble and maybe swap that one out with my spare blade. I haven't flew it yet.

Comment

• My prop balanced perfect right out the box. Still snowing here in Western Washington, looks like for another week maybe. Not normal!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazystick View Post
                  I have the Birdcage an when I received it the wires coming from the tail and rudder servos were disconnected . Can someone take e photo of the blue box to show where these servos are connected .

Thanks , Crazystick
                  Here ya go...
                  Multi-Function Control Box E (MCB-E) from Freewing - E1712 Fits the following aircraft: Freewing 70mm PJ50 Freewing 70mm AL37 Airliner Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm Freewing F-22 90mm Freewing L-39 80mm Freewing T-33 80mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Dcheli View Post
                    My prop balanced perfect right out the box. Still snowing here in Western Washington, looks like for another week maybe. Not normal!!
                    Yep Snowapocalypse here in the PNW...Meanwhile everyone in the mid west laughs. Here's a sample of us Western Washingtonians reaction...

Click image for larger version

Name:	pa3-1.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	178409

LOL LOL

As for my props they also balanced perfect out of box. I was surprised. I almost always have to balance props out of the box. Another pleasant surprise with this model.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I did the usual prop balance for this build type. Weighed each blade on a jeweler scale after cleaning the edges first. This was the closest in weight yet of all my FL warbird props and in spite of making them all match the lightest blade by sanding the two heavier blades, I could have probably just put it together and run it, the blades were that close. Already performed a full power test and amp draw run up. Smooth as silk in all rpm settings.
                      Yes, these blades just keep getting better! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	snowed_in2.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	178016
                        Aros!! Just Fantastic work!!!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I had misplaced the instructions for the control box and found them here in case anyone else may need them
                          https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1052/4162/files/MCB-E.pdf

Thanks , Crazystick , Beeg thanks for your effort !

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                            Aros!! Just Fantastic work!!!
                            Hey thanks friend!

My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hello
                              I'm newcomig to this thread
                              I wouuld like to ask how to balance the propeller (or perhaps it's already balanced)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dcheli View Post
                                My prop balanced perfect right out the box. Still snowing here in Western Washington, looks like for another week maybe. Not normal!!
                                Dcheli, Off topic and my apologies. What is 'normal'? The earth is reported as being 4.6+ Billion years old. We have been recording weather for less than 5,000 years with the official recording of temperatures for 135 years. A quick division equation of 135 years as a percentage of 4.6 Billion years = 2.97160467e-8. Whatever that number is it is so small as to not even be considered as a statistical sample large enough to translate into any useful sampling in determining 'normal'. As for what is normal, I presume you are writing about what is a mean occurrence or are you thinking average occurrences in your lifetime? My point is obvious, there is no normal weather, it is just the weather. A forecast is simply that, a forecast for the future. Might be close, but never completely accurate. I always check, recheck, and check again before I take to the skies for that reason, it is a forecast, i.e., prediction of the future, there is no normal. Respectfully, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Question for you guys. Testing the tailwheel steering and landing gear servos. I tried plugging my servo tester into each and nothing. Elevator and rudder servos test ok with same unit. Do you have to go through the multi-box to test? Thank

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Dcheli, Off topic and my apologies. What is 'normal'? The earth is reported as being 4.6+ Billion years old. We have been recording weather for less than 5,000 years with the official recording of temperatures for 135 years. A quick division equation of 135 years as a percentage of 4.6 Billion years = 2.97160467e-8. Whatever that number is it is so small as to not even be considered as a statistical sample large enough to translate into any useful sampling in determining 'normal'. As for what is normal, I presume you are writing about what is a mean occurrence or are you thinking average occurrences in your lifetime? My point is obvious, there is no normal weather, it is just the weather. A forecast is simply that, a forecast for the future. Might be close, but never completely accurate. I always check, recheck, and check again before I take to the skies for that reason, it is a forecast, i.e., prediction of the future, there is no normal. Respectfully, LB
                                    Shesh! Elbee, did you really say all of that. LOL

Sorry about the off topic, Hey Elbee, what's the best most reliable thing to mask a clear canopy with prior to a repaint?

Long live the Flightline Corsair!

Best Regards
                                    Woody

Comment

• LOL technically I wrote all that. The comment stems from an error I made and the logic lesson I then learned as a young man and it stuck. Some of my training and education is in logistics and statistics, so I tend to balk at how words are used.

Woods, I actually don't mask the canopies, I have one of those 'Superman Vision' lighted visors and paint mine by hand. There was a post in the Phantom thread about a liquid masking film product that got my attention. I'll find it and post it to you with the info. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Woods, this is the product https://www.amazon.com/Grafix-2-Ounc...gateway&sr=8-5 Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                          Woods, this is the product https://www.amazon.com/Grafix-2-Ounc...gateway&sr=8-5 Best, LB
                                          Thanks Mate!

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X