X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
    Aros's picture shows the later-model gunsight attached on top of the earlier "birdcage" gunsight, upside-down!
    TMD, That's a ol' Navy trick for chasing Zekes while inverted. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

TMD, That's a ol' Navy trick for chasing Zekes while inverted. Best, LB
      Love it! OK here is a series of pictures. I just did this, took about 5 minutes. I used a bandsaw (carefully!!).

First picture shows the 3D panel, and I am holding the newer gunsight right-side up next to the original gunsight.
      Second picture - I cut the early-model gunsight off flush..
      3rd pic - I cut a little slot in the center, and installed the newer-model gunsight with CA.
      Fourth pic shows the back side and the slot.

Taa daa.

now I need to find some paint....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Panel1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	176152Click image for larger version  Name:	Panel2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	176153Click image for larger version  Name:	Panel3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	176154Click image for larger version  Name:	Panel3 back.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	176155
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Love it! OK here is a series of pictures. I just did this, took about 5 minutes. I used a bandsaw.
        TMD, Textbook application. A+ Rating. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
          Thanks for this pic!!!!! It's a tight fit huh? I'm molding a shallow thin piece of foam to the rear of the dash and blacking that out. I'm doing some tricks I learned a few years back to add, "Glass" to the gauges, and using a micro LED going to illuminate the rear so the controls give the appearance of lighting up when powered on. I can send status updates on how I accomplish this or blog it if anyone is interested! Are the dials on your cockpit a sticker that you simply adhered to the foam? And put the 3d cockpit over it?
          Okay news flash, I glued the darn thing upside down. Refer to themudduck's photos above for proper placement. Yes the dials are simply printed out gauges that I applied a gloss film over and simply taped to the back of the panel.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Had a minor mishap today. I used the stock linkage for control surface. One of the white clips that holds the wire to the servo horn fell off. Before someone ask...yes they were all snapped in. Lol. Just wanted to give u guys heads up. I made new linkages using ball links on both ends. I know everyone has been using them without fail. Thanks

Comment

• This was on the aileron

Comment

• Took the canopy off, removed "shorty" the pilot (have a 1/7 AOI coming in a week or so) and added these side panel pieces. I just used paint swatch paper and glued on and painted them green zinc chromate. Also painted the wheel wells while I had the paint brush out...
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros, here is the information that you LB asked for in reference to cockpit dimensions. I PM'ed him...

This is from the Birdcage F4U-1.

I cut paper templates to the exact size and then measured them to be precise.... The instrument panel bulkhead is
                  92mm wide.

The seat bulkhead is
                  77mm wide and 83.5mm tall, measuring from the factory foam shelf for the factory pilot and seat.

The port and starboard side panels are identical in size. The rear of the side panel (touching the seat bulkhead) is
                  29mm tall.

The front of the panel (that touches the instrument panel) is
                  15.5mm tall.

The length of the panel along the top edge of the cockpit tub is
                  120mm.
                  The top edge of the cockpit sides is 8mm wide and 120mm long. Identical for both port and starboard sides.

I hope this is the information you were looking for, but if not, let me know and I will measure whatever you need...

:Cool:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Well...… raining like heck here in the Northwest, (Seattle)...SURPRISE!..... so I spent the time completing my Bubbletop. New Robart 3.5" wheels, special livery (Boyington's Lucybelle) but haven't done the cockpit yet. Still having an issue with the throttle settings. I'll figure it out by next weekend to maiden hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lowknifedge View Post
                      Had a minor mishap today. I used the stock linkage for control surface. One of the white clips that holds the wire to the servo horn fell off. Before someone ask...yes they were all snapped in. Lol. Just wanted to give u guys heads up. I made new linkages using ball links on both ends. I know everyone has been using them without fail. Thanks
                      I always put a small zip tie on all of these snap on wire keepers. If the zip ties are two prominent and really bother you , a little dab of Gorilla Glue will serve the same purpose.
                      if you go the glue rout cleaning the wire and the Snap-on keeper with alcohol first will insure it sticks.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post

I always put a small zip tie on all of these snap on wire keepers. If the zip ties are two prominent and really bother you , a little dab of Gorilla Glue will serve the same purpose.
                          if you go the glue rout cleaning the wire and the Snap-on keeper with alcohol first will insure it sticks.
                          Just use a small piece of fuel tubing,can hardly be seen and holds nice and snug.

Comment

• Howdy! Just to chime in, I always clean the pushrods and white clips with 91% alcohol and then use a drop of thin C/A. I put tissue paper under the rod assembly when adding the drop just in case it drips and tries to hit the painted surfaces below... I usually let it cure on its own, but you can use accelerator if you are just in a big hurry. I also use foam safe thin on all control horns just to make sure they are secure as well.... 100% success rate so far on over 90 aircraft. Zero pushrod detachments... But I did do ball links on both ends for the F-14 elevators and the F-4 elevator servo. Also changed the servos the Hitec digitals...
                            ;) Have a great Sunday all!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                              For all of us that deal with no flying in Winter...
                              Quit goofing off and get those Corsairs done, Spring will be early this year! Phil said it would...! :Sun::corsair:)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1A708251-261C-457C-81A4-6A5534B7B3D6.jpeg
Views:	899
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	176101
                              Don't drive angry!LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                Well...… raining like heck here in the Northwest, (Seattle)...SURPRISE!..... so I spent the time completing my Bubbletop. New Robart 3.5" wheels, special livery (Boyington's Lucybelle) but haven't done the cockpit yet. Still having an issue with the throttle settings. I'll figure it out by next weekend to maiden hopefully.
                                Hope you can pull that off next weekend. Looks like we might get some snow in the meantime. Hated the Rams all season but I'm rootin" for them tommorrow. The Hawks will take it all next season for sure after this practice season!!:Cool:BTW do you know what two consecutive days of rain is in Seattle?.............The weekend!!!LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  Aros, here is the information that you LB asked for in reference to cockpit dimensions. I PM'ed him...

This is from the Birdcage F4U-1.

I cut paper templates to the exact size and then measured them to be precise.... The instrument panel bulkhead is
                                  92mm wide.

The seat bulkhead is
                                  77mm wide and 83.5mm tall, measuring from the factory foam shelf for the factory pilot and seat.

The port and starboard side panels are identical in size. The rear of the side panel (touching the seat bulkhead) is
                                  29mm tall.

The front of the panel (that touches the instrument panel) is
                                  15.5mm tall.

The length of the panel along the top edge of the cockpit tub is
                                  120mm.
                                  The top edge of the cockpit sides is 8mm wide and 120mm long. Identical for both port and starboard sides.

I hope this is the information you were looking for, but if not, let me know and I will measure whatever you need...

:Cool:
                                  Thanks Hardway! Elbee is the one collection the data as I have been giving him some dimensions as well for the added panels needed as well. It takes a village my friend! Thanks again for the number crunchin'!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                    BTW do you know what two consecutive days of rain is in Seattle?.............The weekend!!!LOL
                                    SO true!!!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
                                      Well...… raining like heck here in the Northwest, (Seattle)...SURPRISE!..... so I spent the time completing my Bubbletop. New Robart 3.5" wheels, special livery (Boyington's Lucybelle) but haven't done the cockpit yet. Still having an issue with the throttle settings. I'll figure it out by next weekend to maiden hopefully.
                                      You're in my neck of the woods! We should get together and fly our Corsairs sometime in the Spring or Summer!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I calibrated my throttle and with the trim almost all the way downl I need about 1/4 throttle to get the motor to turn. I can run the trim all the way up without the motor turning. I have never had this problem before. Do you think I have a faulty ESC ? Any help appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hope you can pull that off next weekend. Looks like we might get some snow in the meantime. Hated the Rams all season but I'm rootin" for them tommorrow. The Hawks will take it all next season for sure after this practice season!!:Cool:BTW do you know what two consecutive days of rain is in Seattle?.............The weekend!!!LOL
                                          I'm going with the RAMs too but New Orleans should really be in it instead of the RAMs. That missed PI call against the RAMs will go down in history as the worst miss of all times. If you look at the replays you can even see the Line Judge and the Field Judge looking at the two players as they collided. Makes you wonder if all the rumors and suspicions about Refs working the spread is true? Oh well, I'd rather be flying anyway! :PLOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X