Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too would love to see a 109 produced this size.
    my Alfa 190 is a blast to fly on calm evenings

Comment

There is something wrong with folks who own planes with no landing gear!!!! LOL:Cool::Cool::Cool: That bird is sweet. A little fragile, but fun for sure!! And glad you are here!!! Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by FLTRI View Post
        Wow, exactly what I've been waiting for! Love the size, and battery choices. I have five of the old FMS 800mm warbirds, and recently bought the new 950mm Durafly Beechcraft Bonanza. I can see that fleet of smaller planes is going to be increasing...

Couple questions:

I'd almost certainly be adding a rudder servo. Is the rudder pre-hinged? Can I just cut out some foam and get it moving easily? How about the pushrods and pushrod tube? Is there a "kit" for adding the rudder, or are we on our own fabbing those parts?

How hard would it be to mod the spinner and drop in a more scale 4-blade prop? I fly all my 800's on 3 or 4 blade props, and have become pretty successful at plopping them in when landing. I seldom break a prop anymore, and would love to try one. Even if I do end up breaking a prop, it'd be pretty cheap to replace at this size. Flapperons help a ton to slow them down too.

Dare I hope for a P-38 in this size? Gawd, I'd be absolutely giddy if I could buy a Lightning this size!

Good job Guys, really looking forward to watching this line develop. I think you'll sell a ton of these planes...
        I second the vote for a nice P-38 in this series!!

Comment

Ordered ;)
          I will add the rudder later on. Might be an idea for MotionRC to sell a kit with the servo and parts needed to add the rudder.
          Looking forward to flying this P-51 on 4S! And I'm also looking forward to additional warbirds in this line.

Comment

The more I think about this one... I think I'm going to bypass the rudder mod and leave it stock. I'll just use differential mix to get those turns coordinated (if it needs it). Simplicity ftw.

Comment

Ya this is fun to fly size. I have the Parkzone Wildcat. I love flying that thing at my local park. I probably have a dozen park flyers. Why? Because I fly! No real serious vestment here. Just flying fun, on my own terms. I love it. I'd like a Hellcat this size. Would love a P-38 too. Most of my park flyers don't have rudders, never saw the need to have one as landings are just a plop in tall grass.

Woody

Comment

Hi everyone, new to the Squawk.
                Love the look and the size of this warbird. I picked up the full size Apprentice some time ago but I'm having trouble finding a place to even fly it. Either the park is too small, or the grass is too high and patchy and the plane just wants to nose over on takeoffs..lol. So...I'm stuck flying it on Real Flight.
                When I saw this the simplicity of the hand launch and belly landing drew me in..I must have! :D

Comment

Originally posted by hilldebrandt View Post
                  Hi everyone, new to the Squawk.
                  Love the look and the size of this warbird. I picked up the full size Apprentice some time ago but I'm having trouble finding a place to even fly it. Either the park is too small, or the grass is too high and patchy and the plane just wants to nose over on takeoffs..lol. So...I'm stuck flying it on Real Flight.
                  When I saw this the simplicity of the hand launch and belly landing drew me in..I must have! :D
                  Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

There's some great folks here, and you'll never go wrong with Motion!
                  I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                  ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

FLTRI Thank you!
                    Learned a lot already just lurking for the past few months ;):Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by hilldebrandt View Post
                      FLTRI Thank you!
                      Learned a lot already just lurking for the past few months ;):Cool:
                      Glad you are here!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Bro!!!

Comment

Hardway Thank you!
                        Glad to be here!

Comment

My 51 is in transit, anxious to receive.
                          Just want to say...
                          So far very impressed with Motion RC

Comment

I was surprised to see the yellow-tail #616 as one of the options. This squadron was based on Iwo Jima in 1945. Coincidentally, #619 "Honorable Mistake" from the same squadron was flown by a friend of mine, Mr. Bill Ebersole, who lives here in Gainesville, FL. I painted and marked an Alfa Models P-51D to be his ship a couple of years ago. I can assure all of you that it flies just fine with aileron and elevator, and it's a fantastic flier on 3s. I'm sure this new 850mm on 4s will be a hoot-and-a-half!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!! God bless you guys!!!! Awesome! Jerry :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Loneflier View Post

I second the vote for a nice P-38 in this series!!

You guys realize that a 850mm P-38 would be really small.

A real P-38's windspan is over 30% longer then a P-51 so in this scale the whole plane would be have to be 30% smaller.

Just something to think about.
                                Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Originally posted by vdanger View Post

You guys realize that a 850mm P-38 would be really small.

A real P-38's windspan is over 30% longer then a P-51 so in this scale the whole plane would be have to be 30% smaller.

Just something to think about.
                                  Yup! 750 X 30% = 225 + 750 = 975... Scale to size, not a 750mm P-38.
                                  I'd be absolutely giddy with a ~1000mm P-38 hand launched plane! :Cool:

Edit: My math was wrong, I was thinking of the old 750-800mm FMS birds.

850 X 30% = 225 + 850 = 1105. Even better, and big enough for flaps and retracts, maybe?
                                  Last edited by FLTRI; Feb 2, 2019, 04:19 PM. Reason: Math is hard...
                                  I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                  ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Happy to see a nice smaller model coming out! I will pass on this one since I already have the UMX P-51D BL and the Tower Hobbies P-51, but I am hoping for more planes in this size. I would love to see a similar size Spitfire. Planes in this size are just perfect for me since I don't have to take them apart to transport, I can toss them in the air and belly land them, and they don't cost a fortune. Operating from a grass field, I need to go pretty big before a trail dragger will work. When they get that big, they don't fit into my car or budget.

Comment

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                                      Happy to see a nice smaller model coming out! I will pass on this one since I already have the UMX P-51D BL and the Tower Hobbies P-51, but I am hoping for more planes in this size. I would love to see a similar size Spitfire. Planes in this size are just perfect for me since I don't have to take them apart to transport, I can toss them in the air and belly land them, and they don't cost a fortune. Operating from a grass field, I need to go pretty big before a trail dragger will work. When they get that big, they don't fit into my car or budget.
                                      I agree, it is a good offering and I look forward to others in this line. But I have 980mm PZ P51 with a 4s setup in it that is pretty sporty already so just no room for another so close in size.

Comment

I bought one and it came in today... It is my test bed for the Admiral stabilized receiver. Looks great and it is tiny and packed full of features! SO we shall see!!! :Cool:

Comment

Mine should arrive tomorrow ;) - It will get a Falcon 12 stabilized receiver and some red tail paint. Will hopefully be able to maiden it on Saturday if the weather is ok.
                                          What lipo size are you using? I will be trying 4S 1800 and 4S 2200 packs to see how it handles with them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X