• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Patrick-Star-Photo-eq239.png
Views:	1132
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	179216

The Chinese think the "round eye" is really pink!!! My wife said the pilot was painted the same color as Patrick Star on Sponge Bob Square Pants!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!! And she is right!

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

Nice job Jerry! When we were kids we didn't have the time or patience to bother with masking, now we have to because those two scotches make our hands wobleyLOL
      Wobley is OK for what Elbee called "drunken invasion stripes!" LOL Bring on the scotch!! HA!!!

Comment

• The "RED STRIPE" that is almost as bad to mask as the invasion stripes.... :Whew::Whew: Makes me want to go to Jamaica "Mon" :P RED STRIPE is good beer!!! :Cool: Click image for larger version

Name:	Stripe 2019.jpg
Views:	1208
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	179223

Comment

• Hardway, pictures are not showing up.
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Internet issues here. Sorry, but thanks again. They show here just fine...:Confused: will try to fix it...

Comment

• Today was a good day...
              ;)

Spring has started early in parts of Europe and so we had perfect weather to setup the plane and try it with/without stabilization.
              Imo it actually doesn't need a gyro as it really flies great but with the gyro enabled it feels as if you're flying a larger more stable plane.
              And I really tried to get the 4S 1800s packs empty with 8mins throttle timer but also with a good amount of WoT and high climbs it just doesn't pull a lot of amps :D

Have a great flying weekend!

Comment

• Looks great! Nice job! Can't wait to maiden mine...I may try tomorrow when the rain clears...Will have to land in some snow though...Have both 3S and 4S LiPos on stand by...
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  Looks great! Nice job! Can't wait to maiden mine...I may try tomorrow when the rain clears...Will have to land in some snow though...Have both 3S and 4S LiPos on stand by...
                  Hope you'll be able to maiden it! ;)

Comment

• Just got back from the maiden....Only the prop didn't survive in the end (I will go into that in a bit)...The school is still full of snow on the outskirts so even getting to the area to fly was a bit of a challenge. I maidened with an Admiral 2200 3S...Took off great but immediately had to trim both pitch and roll. I noticed it was nose heavy so after I landed I reset the battery aft about a 1/2 inch. Much better. Nice and responsive on 3S. Although small, it has a heavy feel in the air which I like. Tracks great, no issues. I may have to set the brake to on as that swinging prop at idle doesn't help slow her down, as I found she likes to glide, glide, glide on the approach. The snow is very dense and frozen so the ground is hard. Slid a few feet or so but took it like a champ.

For the second flight I used my Admiral 2200 4S. Wow, talk about ZIPPY! Yankin' and Bankin' was a hoot...Pulling insane G's lol... Since I flew bone stock without adding decals (no livery) she blended into the sky and I lost her a couple times...Looks like I will be painting her Bald Eagle sooner rather than later. On the approach I extended the glide slope and due to the deep snow I tried to land her as close to me as possible. Unfortunately I hit stall speed about a foot up...The starboard wing dipped and hit the surface causing a rather unceremonious tip and spin. Didn't look serious until I got up close and noticed the prop snapped at the root of the spinner. I am sure if it was grass it wouldn't have broke. So looks like I have a few new props to purchase in my near future.

All-in-all, I was very pleased with the performance, tracking and speeds at both 3 and 4S...Looking forward to painting her up and getting her back out there. Hopefully this time landing on soft grass, not hard frozen snow.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Awesome..... Call me silly, but I ordered 4 extra props. One with the Mustang order, then 3 more with a spare parts order, and that included a spare spinner JIC.... :Cool: And a pushrod set and servo for the working rudder....

Comment

• I think it's prudent to purchase a few extra props with this bird. ;)
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Received mine on Friday along with a couple of extra props and spinner. Everything is set up and ready to go except just waiting for decals from Callie. Painted the the shade flat black using the Tamiya masking and the yellow frog tape. No lifting of paint at all from the foam and achieved nice straight lines.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4764.JPG Views:	0 Size:	125.6 KB ID:	179812Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4762.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.9 KB ID:	179813 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_35888.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	179811

Comment

• Clean, sharp lines...Nicely done!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Has anyone put a Mobius or RunCam 2 on this model yet? I almost did for the maiden but thought better of it. I think it's large and heavy enough to fit one on top of the cockpit without causing the CG to get out of wack...May give it a try when my replacement prop arrives. Could make for quite the entertaining FPV video!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• This is great, haven't been in the thread for a few days and come back to see a wealth a custom scheme's and amazing they look too gents.

I have now finished the two custom scheme for our EU promotional birds and they'll fly at the end of the week. Wanted to keep to the original factory paint scheme as part of the brief for this little project. The only additional paint added to the models were red on the spinners of each, red on the rudder of Sweet Arlene and the yellow on the L/E of the RAF Mustang, the rest is all decals. With that said, at this point must give a HUGE hand to Callie at Callie graphics, as always, she did an incredible job, and fast too.

The two mustang's will hopefully be flown at the same time, our cameraman volunteer Tom choosing 'Sweet Arlene' and I'll be at the helm of the RAF Mustang (112 Sqn, Italy 1945), that depends if we can find another camera man ;) I added a rudder to my RAF Mustang, I'm a big fan of coordination in any model and it was an enjoyable mod to do. To me about an hour. Not sure if its already been posted, but I can detail my process with pictures a links to the extra items used if helpful?

Stuart.

Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone put a Mobius or RunCam 2 on this model yet? I almost did for the maiden but thought better of it. I think it's large and heavy enough to fit one on top of the cockpit without causing the CG to get out of wack...May give it a try when my replacement prop arrives. Could make for quite the entertaining FPV video!
                                  I plan to this Friday, as long as you never 'Do a James' and put only one on the tip of a wing, I should think it will be fine ;) Seriously though, I think it would be fine. I've got the model in front of me now, and the only other plastic part a cam could be velcro'd to might be the underside wing plate. Its risky, but as long as a nice tail touch down with lots of flairing can be done, I think you might just be able to get away with it. I'm going to try Friday and let you know ;)

S.

Comment

• Nice!!! Still finishing mine up.... I am slow!! LOL Good luck on the maidens!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post
                                      This is great, haven't been in the thread for a few days and come back to see a wealth a custom scheme's and amazing they look too gents.

I have now finished the two custom scheme for our EU promotional birds and they'll fly at the end of the week. Wanted to keep to the original factory paint scheme as part of the brief for this little project. The only additional paint added to the models were red on the spinners of each, red on the rudder of Sweet Arlene and the yellow on the L/E of the RAF Mustang, the rest is all decals. With that said, at this point must give a HUGE hand to Callie at Callie graphics, as always, she did an incredible job, and fast too.

The two mustang's will hopefully be flown at the same time, our cameraman volunteer Tom choosing 'Sweet Arlene' and I'll be at the helm of the RAF Mustang (112 Sqn, Italy 1945), that depends if we can find another camera man ;) I added a rudder to my RAF Mustang, I'm a big fan of coordination in any model and it was an enjoyable mod to do. To me about an hour. Not sure if its already been posted, but I can detail my process with pictures a links to the extra items used if helpful?

Stuart.
                                      They look great Stuart! Looking forward to the videos. Your rudder mod process would be helpful too. Callie does do a fantastic job with her decals - I am sure that she will be busy with this one.

Comment

• Love the nice clean liveries Stuart..Callie makes life so much easier for us! Did James really add a cam to the wingtip of THIS bird?? Oy Vay James! LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Love the nice clean liveries Stuart..Callie makes life so much easier for us! Did James really add a cam to the wingtip of THIS bird?? Oy Vay James! LOL
                                          I did no such thing with this one!

Comment

Working...
                                          X