Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Flightline P51 as my first FPV fixed wing project. I would prefer to land on wheels rather than belly landing. Can anyone suggest good landing gear and how to attach it?

Comment

• Welcome to the forums. Do you already have the plane? Where are you located?

Comment

• 7 different aircraft Netley Abbey England

Comment

• I fly mine with a DJI air unit on a hand made canopy,that I swap with the original one when flying LOS.Perhaps a little heavy with an AU ,but not too bad,use a small pan servo on the rudder stick too.

No wheels though,takes off easy out of the hand.

managed to finish work early. got some good flights in with perfect weather and some flying company.

Comment

• Sorry Evan, just saw your response. I have the fuselage and wings. Frankensteining this build. I've found some old plans for a 33" P51 and at least got a good size for the wheels and gear wire. Pre-made would be nice. Looking for adequate retracts as well. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Comment

• What's a good duke rates hi and low mine came with no manual

Comment

• What's a good duel rates hi and low mine came with no manual

Comment

• Motion always has the manuals on their site under the support tab. Page 4.

P-51-800说明书-Q.cdr (shopify.com)

Comment

• I bought this p51 several weeks ago and have been waiting for no rain (pnw) and didnt get it so i waited till it was a light sprinkle to almost no rain and tried to fly it. My problem was/is first my mini gyro had the gains too high because the wings where going back and forth like crazy and then it kind of just slowly banked to the left and plowed into the ground. I have a flysky i6x and the mini gyro from motion rc. I thought the gyro was suppose to level out the plane. I already heated up the foam and glued it and will reassemble tommorow.

Comment

• Wings rocking back and fourth could also mean the gyro is reversed,, made that mistake, years ago... to check hold plane level ( ready to fly) lower rh wing fast and the ailero should go down to compensate,, lower lh wing and same aileron should go down to compensate.. if thats correct the gryo gains are too high.. good luck

Comment

• Wings rocking back and fourth could also mean the gyro is reversed,, made that mistake, years ago... to check hold plane level ( ready to fly) lower rh wing fast and the ailero should go down to compensate,, lower lh wing and same aileron should go down to compensate.. if thats correct the gryo gains are too high.. good luck

Comment

• Not sure what happened 2 posts dummy

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            Wings rocking back and fourth could also mean the gyro is reversed,, made that mistake, years ago... to check hold plane level ( ready to fly) lower rh wing fast and the ailero should go down to compensate,, lower lh wing and same aileron should go down to compensate.. if thats correct the gryo gains are too high.. good luck
                            Yeah last night i looked at the gains and they where all 50% so i turned them down to 30%,i will check to see if somehow the gyro is reversed tonight(was a lot of gluing last night).

Comment

• Lookin good

Comment

• well i crashed it again yesterday, i flew for maybe a minute or two then the wings started shaking and it rolled over and plowed into the ground,broke where it creased last time,cracked the wing,ripped the left elevator off. My gains where 30% so i lowered them to 10% this time.

Comment

• Oh boy hopeing ya hav been flying a trainer first... why did they shake.. find that answer and then a solution..,.. have not flown an 850 mm.... myself first planez 4 me 1270 dynam.. no or very low wind ,,4 u i hope.. and hope u r checking left is left.. right is right etc keep at it,, hav fun

Comment

• Best take the gyro out and fly manual.

Comment

• I just bought a Flightline 850mm P-51 Mustang this last week from Motion RC. They only had 4 left at that time, so that prompted me to pull the trigger. They described it as needing a tail color as you choose, and they said that decals are included in the package. But the one I got had a yellow tail, and had the Shanghai Lil decals already on the plane. That's exactly what I wanted, although I was expecting to do the painting and decal placement myself. I consider myself lucky, but I wander about those who are expecting a plain model the way Motion RC describes. Anybody else had this happen to them?

Comment

• I'm new to the RC flying, do you need to register these with the FAA? I keep hearing you do because they're over 0.55 Lbs?

Comment

• If you`re new to RC flying,this isn`t the plane for you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X