Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse Pilatus PC-9 1840mm ARF Discussion Thread

Product page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...c-9-1840mm-arf

The Pilatus PC-9 is a single-engine, low-wing tandem-seat turboprop training aircraft manufactured by Pilatus Aircraft of Switzerland. Designed as a more powerful evolution of the Pilatus PC-7, the PC-9's first flight was made in May 1984 after which certification was achieved in September 1985. After this, the first production orders for the type were received from the Royal Saudi Air Force, with deliveries commencing in 1985. Since then, more than 250 airframes have been produced across five different variants and the type is employed by a number of military and civilian operators around the world, including the Swiss Air Force, the Royal Australian Air Force, and the Royal Thai Air Force.

The model is scaled to approximately 1:5.5 and attention was paid to a true to original appearance and best flight characteristics. The model was designed for electric drives but can also be operated with an internal combustion engine about 15cc displacement.

Features:
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • Lightweight, strong, and fully sheeted laser cut balsa and plywood construction
    • Covered in high quality Oracover
    • Heavy-duty hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with sprung loaded latches
    • Painted and detailed dummy radial engine, cockpit and interior included
    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
    • comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
    • Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly.
    • Fiberglass cowl
    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
    • Fully illustrated instruction manual included and also available for download (see tab above)
    Includes:
    • Black Horse Pilatus PC-9 1840mm (72.44") Wingspan - ARF
    Requires (Electric):Requires (Gas):
    • Engine: 20 - 30cc 2-stroke, NGH GT25 recommended or 30-35cc 4-stroke, NGH GF30 recommended
    • Gas Propeller: 15x8-16x10 2 Stroke, 15x10-17x10 4 Stroke
    • 9x 45g standard class servos - we recommend HS-625MG
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ss.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.0 KB ID:	194518
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

we recommend TWO Xwave RM400-90 Electronic Retracts

Uhhh. Do you mean three? Or is the nose gear using a pushrod standard servo config? Another question. Does this model come with an air retract setup already and the electronic is an optional?

Comment

Originally posted by benjack71 View Post
      we recommend TWO Xwave RM400-90 Electronic Retracts

Uhhh. Do you mean three? Or is the nose gear using a pushrod standard servo config?
      Whoops! Good catch! Fixed! :Cool:
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hi-Tec servos is a new product line as well? I always liked and have used hi-tec quite a bit. Hi-Tec seems to be almost the standard in quality performance servos. ( Unless your building one of those 3D 100cc monsters, then them guys have more money in servos than I do in a plane lol)

Comment

Yes we have been carrying Hi-Tec for awhile now. Great servos for sure. I've had them in many a model of mine from mid-range to giant scale composite. Never let me down once. :Cool:
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hello, the PC-9 does not come with air retracts included, only the landing gear struts (so no retracting U/C out of the box). The Xwave RM400-90 units are the optional electronic retracts we suggest and they will be arriving in the not so distant future, though I cant unfortunately give an ETA on that yet, not long though,

S.

Comment

We'll post better photos of the ins and outs of these models over time, but in the meantime here are some of my photos of the PC-9. This bird is a sporty flier, honest, rather precise, and it looks great in the air. Given the large canopy, Black Horse's dual layer instrument panel technique really stands out visually and is an ideal base for additional customization and detailing.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Ps please remember the Kangaroo on the decals always faces forwards :)

Comment

I've always loved the PC-9, so this is fantastic to see. Although T-6A Texan II derived from the PC-9 and there are many differences between one another, are there any plans to offer this PC-9 in the color scheme of the T-6A Texan II?

That would be the ultimate for me. It can always be recovered in that color scheme, but of course it would be better to have it already covered in the T-6A scheme from the factory to eliminate tearing off the beautiful covering job they did on the current color scheme.

Comment

Just unboxed the PC-9. What a gorgeous looking kit as all these Blackhorse kits have been this far. About to get started on the hinges

Comment

Looks good James. Today's Black Horse models look much more well made than they were many years ago. It would be nice if they could put a little more effort to mold the pilots in a little more realistic proportions.

Comment

Here is my PC-9 from motion rc I added an FMS multi plug connector to cleannup the wires. I needed to add ply battery trays aft of the supplied trays to get the cg correct with 10cell 5000 and rimfire 1.60 and electrifly 8amp esc 17 x 10 to 18×10 prop.
                        Please update the hardware package to get the best out of this fine model.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking about getting this plane. Any suggestions regarding motor choice for electric? Rimfire 1.60 or the one recommended by Black Horse? I don't want to have to fiddle in order to get the motor to fit which seems to be the case if using the BH suggested motor. Cheers!

Comment

I was thinking to throw a kingtech K-45TP (turbo prop in her and use a scale 4 bladed prop (16x10) or somthin like that. Any thoughts from anyone with experience with the K-45TP or the Black horse model?

Comment

Canada Goose
                              The kit is made fit the Rimfire 1.20
                              All the mounting hardware comenin the kit for that motor.

Comment

Thanks Lee.

I think I will go with the suggested Admiral motor.

Aros, what kind of performance should I expect when using the GP20 with A) 2x 4S 5000 lipo's in series on an APC 16x10 E and B) single 6S 5000 lipo (same prop?). I'm your average sport flyer (no 3D) flying more "pattern" type of flight. I'm pretty new to EP and looking for good strong performance with decent flight times. Appreciate any comments.

Comment

Does anyone know when this cool model will be back in stock in he US? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by swill View Post
                                    Does anyone know when this cool model will be back in stock in he US? Thanks!
                                    Welcome to Hobby Squawk swill!

This was posted by Tom, one of the owners of Motion RC, back on Sept 12th. It should give a rough estimate. "The next shipment of Black Horse planes just left the factory today. It should be here in about 40 days or so. The planes in this shipment are the exact same as the ones on our website with a a surprise or two.

Comment

Successful maiden flight today!. 3 flights total (1 dorked up landing) This is a great flying plane, like on rails. Rimfire 120/Castle 120amp ESC/6S 5000mah for power. Xwave retracts, HiTec 645MG servos all around, I made a custom pilot figure. Great performance but only 6 min flight time with this electric setup. I fly scale with normal scale aerobatics, nothing extreme. I've gotten used to flying 12-15 mins with gas and 6 mins goes by way too fast. I think I'm gonna eventually convert to a 26cc gasser.

Comment

I just received mine and only had time today to open it up and inspect the parts. Very impressed with what I saw!! Mine will be EP but as HazeB said the flight times will suck :( Not sure what motor to use yet, have a new CC Edge 75 ESC and was planning on using 2x 4s 5000 lipo packs.

Comment

Working...
                                        X