Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The maiden went very well. She flies beautifully scale like and was just like watching the real ones at airshows in previous years before they replaced them with the Pc21.
    Attached Files

Comment

Any idea if this guy could be made to work?
      Contact me if you have questions, Turbo prop motors lead times are 1-4 months at the moment. Keep in mind motors are not stocked and ordered once a new order is received. Lead times may vary depending on the motor. Power: 5,5kW (7,5hp) Size: Weight: 1,610g (3,5lb) engine, 1.705g (3,76lb) total installed weight except b

Comment

So to be clear, it comes with struts but not the actual retracts, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by V12Kid View Post
          So to be clear, it comes with struts but not the actual retracts, correct?
          Correct

Comment

I purchased this model in September of 2020 and, without a doubt, has been the worst lemon I have ever purchased. It is a beautiful kit but the problems I've had have been horrible.

I powered it with an electric motor, an E-Flite Power 90. The stand-offs that came with the kit put the motor 2 inches behind the cowl so I had to purchase additional stand-offs to get the motor in front of the cowl. I also had to extend the battery tray aft to get a decent CG. When I installed my batteries 2 6s (even though the Power 90 is rated for only 8s but the Admiral motor is rated up to 10S), the front nose gear collapsed. 4 months later I received from MotionRC a new nose gear that had a stiffer compression spring and would take the weight. Finally, I thought I was good to fly...not true. The new nose great was slightly longer than the original and would no longer fit into the nose gear well with the standard 3" tire. In order to not remove a significant amount of the fuselage, I had to go to a smaller tire that would fit a 5mm axle and support the weight of the plane. After working with MotionRC, I received new 2 3/4" Robart wheels and installed them on the plane. I still had to trim some of the nose gear well and fuselage to get it to fit. Finally, I thought I was ready to fly...not true. The electric retracts XWave RM400-90 recommended for the aircraft were totally unreliable. I had an issue early on and thought it was a single defective retract which MotionRC happily replaced. But this was a much more serious problem. I had accumulated a total of 6 retracts and all 6 of them failed to reliably activate the landing gear even when the wheels were removed from the struts. MotionRC is now dealing with this issue.

This has been an expensive, frustrating, time-consuming, and unhappy ordeal. It's been 5 months since I bought the ARF and have been able to fly it only once and believe me, that was an frightening flight. I wonder if there was ever a competent engineer that designed this product to make sure the finished product ever functioned.
            I would NOT recommend buying it until these defects are addressed and fixed.

Comment

By far one of my favorite planes in the hanger, this plane flies amazing. I went with the power system from the Carbon Z T-28 but with a 100amp esc in case I wanted more prop later, but with the CZ’s factory prop the plane GPS’d at 96mph so good enough for government work. Plane is extremely well built and comes together fairly easy. I had no problems with CG I fly it with a 5000mah and 6000mah 6s. The Xwave retracts have been good so far with over 30 flights on the model. The nose gear does need a bit of finesse to get in correctly, but nothing a modeler cannot do.

Comment

Working...
              X