Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Dream, Moon Dream, Moon Dream, do it!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Lol, who me??? I'm as innocent as they come... (Rolls eyes). Of course the silver one flies better! ;)

G-man, my reasons for liking this p38 so much.

1. It's not the usual 1200 or smaller...(which if I'm honest holds no interest for me whatsoever. Perths too windy, and as we all know, bigger flies better!).
      2. It's a iconic ww2 fighter, rarely modelled in a foamy and even more rarely does it have the scale features correct.
      3. To me, the Lightning always has had "presence". Sort of in the same vein as a p51, corsair, spit, 190 etc. just looking at them you know they mean business, if that makes sense.
      4. It's not the usual 1200 or smaller.
      5. I love ww2 history, specially the air war, and imho, a p38 is a big part of it.
      6. It's not the usual 1200 or smaller. :)

Tired iron, I didn't see a p38 in your pics??? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by tdevince View Post

Why do I get the feeling Shirty is going to start a Silver vs Green P38 rivalry, similar to the P51 Blue nose vs Red Tail? LOL
        hey mate, gotta support your team. :D (you forget I'm Aussie, all we care about is sport and it's all we are really good at, so..... :D plus, I love a bit of friendly banter. It's a very normal thing with your mates over here, I sometimes forget we have slight cultural differences with the USA). But anyway, ...

Go team silver!!! ;):D

(Though team moon dream seems a good one to get behind.... :D)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
          A new plane arrived today and another one tomorrow. I'm going to have to crash a couple just to make room for this one when it gets here.
          Want a hand? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            TG, click on the picture and you'll see his caption for those photos:
            "RC Pilot Evelyn holding the FlightLine P38s. Note bare-metal foil was applied to the silver Lightning by Alpha."

My production sample of Allied Silver wasn't fully painted, so I've been finishing it in "all out" scale detail. Aluminum sheeting, Robart wheels, antenna wires, airbrushed weathering, etc. It's still a work in progress but I ultimately want to show the full potential of this model's scale factor.
            Hey Alpha, If you use 2-3/4 Robart wheels for the mains, would you use 2-1/2 or 2-1/4 for the nose wheel?

Comment

• Shirty...

So you're saying you wish it was 1200 or smaller and Green right?:p
              Big time propeller head
              Love flying scale and 3D
              Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Rofl. I'd type more but I'm laughing too much. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneCrazy View Post

Hey Alpha, If you use 2-3/4 Robart wheels for the mains, would you use 2-1/2 or 2-1/4 for the nose wheel?
                  I'll be using 2.5" for the nose, and 2.75" for the main. The Robarts look great, but the stock wheel collar is too tall and prevents Robart's spoked hub cab piece from clipping onto the inner hub. This requires the modeler to drill out the hub cab piece's center to accomodate the wheel collar poking 2mm through it.

I'm putting together a few pictures this week to show pilots how to execute the mods, and showing the finished result, for those wanting to go the extra mile for Robart's spoked look and nice Goodyear diamond tires. The Dubros are drop in fits, but the Robarts will take some extra work to fit right.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'll be using 2.5" for the nose, and 2.75" for the main. The Robarts look great, but the stock wheel collar is too tall and prevents Robart's spoked hub cab piece from clipping onto the inner hub. This requires the modeler to drill out the hub cab piece's center to accomodate the wheel collar poking 2mm through it.

I'm putting together a few pictures this week to show pilots how to execute the mods, and showing the finished result, for those wanting to go the extra mile for Robart's spoked look and nice Goodyear diamond tires. The Dubros are drop in fits, but the Robarts will take some extra work to fit right.
                    Sounds like its well worth the work Alpha...looking forward to seeing your pics and instructions. I'll go for the Robarts...
                    Big time propeller head
                    Love flying scale and 3D
                    Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Add me to the list. :D
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• AHHHHHH! Can't wait anymore. I'm going to China, swimming, to intercept the boat. Godspeed!

Comment

Alpha, yes........I'll look forward to those pictures and explanations as I want to do this bird up right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                            AHHHHHH! Can't wait anymore. I'm going to China, swimming, to intercept the boat. Godspeed!
                            Repeat as needed................................OOOOOOHHHHHH MMMMMM...........................OOOOOOHHHHHMMMMMM M..............OOOOOHHHHHHMMMMMM
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post

Repeat as needed................................OOOOOOHHHHHH MMMMMM...........................OOOOOOHHHHHMMMMMM M..............OOOOOHHHHHHMMMMMM

Thanks, I needed that LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

hey mate, gotta support your team. :D (you forget I'm Aussie, all we care about is sport and it's all we are really good at, so..... :D plus, I love a bit of friendly banter. It's a very normal thing with your mates over here, I sometimes forget we have slight cultural differences with the USA). But anyway, ...

Go team silver!!! ;):D

(Though team moon dream seems a good one to get behind.... :D)
                                Hey Shifty!

We call that ball busting between friends over here in the states LoL! It's all in good fun.:D

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                                  Hey Shifty!

We call that ball busting between friends over here in the states LoL! It's all in good fun.:D
                                  Freudian slip? :dodgy:

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    I'm seriously thinking doing mine as a Night Fighter.
                                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n31640[/ATTACH]
                                    I love the idea. BUT I have to ask, how are you going to control the alligator skinning as the black heats up the EPO foam in just about any kind of sun light? I think that with todays materials the night fighter is just not practical in EPO.

Now if you are just going to fly her only in the dead of the night. I then have a whole bunch of other question to ask!:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Konrad View Post
                                      I love the idea. BUT I have to ask, how are you going to control the alligator skinning as the black heats up the EPO foam in just about any kind of sun light? I think that with todays materials the night fighter is just not practical in EPO.

Now if you are just going to fly her only in the dead of the night. I then have a whole bunch of other question to ask!:cool:
                                      Suggest two or three coats of Minwax Polycrylic finish.....I have discovered it helps somewhat to the alligator or cell expansion....perhaps reflecting some UV off the surfaces

TwistedGrin

Comment

• In this part of the world Minwax Polycrylic finish with UV protectants has failed to offer any significant added protection from the infra-red heat radiation that expands the EPO beads forming a surface finish that is in the vernacular known as alligator skin.

I've tried it on some black anti glare panels with the results being utter failure of the EPO finish texture, in any kind of sunshine!:@

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                          Freudian slip? :dodgy:
                                          Damn spell checker!

Comment

Working...
                                          X