Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm P-38 Lightning Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xviper2,
    My misalignment on one side was little more severe than yours and resulted in a fair amount of aileron trim required. However, I shimmed it up and let it sit for a day and that realigned the step. This afternoon she flew much better with the trailing edges aligned so they are equal.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdevince View Post
      xviper2,
      My misalignment on one side was little more severe than yours and resulted in a fair amount of aileron trim required. However, I shimmed it up and let it sit for a day and that realigned the step. This afternoon she flew much better with the trailing edges aligned so they are equal.
      Since I'm not in a real big hurry, I'll do something similar. I did same with a slightly warped wingtip on my Dynam C-47. It worked great. Did you apply any heat? I was thinking something "warm" (but not hot) like a towel out of the drier.

Comment

• For fear of making the EPO gator skin, I did not use any heat. Just let her sit for a day shimmed up and it worked great.

Comment

• OK, since mine is so slight, I'll just use opposite pressure.

Comment

• I'm out of town with work...but going to try this when i get home in a couple days. Mine is just a little, but hey, lets get it right!
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I got my P-38 on Friday. We hosted Easter at our house this year. I got a littl building in over the weekend. I got the wiring finished and the fuselage on tonight. I did my servo testing and everything looks good. I'll hook up the surfaces in the morning. Needless to say there is still a lot of detail work to do.

Comment

• Almost done with my detailing. I'm going to make a video showing all the various detail tips and options for those out there who want to spiff her up as much as they want to. I've decided instead of going "Callie Custom" with the livery, I'm going to use the existing sheet and go with "Gentle Annie" which like "Bobcat II" already uses the existing silver nose and yellow cowls.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by FLTRI View Post

How did you do that without melting the wheels? I was thinking my larger soldering iron???

I used a lighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

I used a lighter.
                    The Hagersville, Ont. tire fire begins and would go on to burn for 17 days in an area the size of 18 football fields.Subscribe to CTV News to watch more vide...

:p

Comment

• Now that the maiden has been done, decided to add the decals and some paint...still need to paint the LG ,and probably some fading on the cowl,spinner and nose.
                      www.TSHobbies.com
                      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• A couple things I keep forgetting to mention. During the build, I think it would be easier to put the wire covers in place on the wing bottom before trying to install the center pod. This will keep the "jungle" of wires tame when attaching the pod. In addition, the pod wires get sandwiched in between foam, so I cut a very shallow channel for them to run through.

Pat

Comment

• Nice work TS! Weathering looks fantastic. Good point Pat...I thought the same thing myself. Good tip.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks Aros...and ye Pat, wish I had done that. Now I need to install a velcro strap in there just to keep the wires in while putting the top back on.
                            www.TSHobbies.com
                            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Okay, I re-ordered the Dubro wheels now that I know that the 3" will fit the silver. I already had the 2 3/4". They should be here in a couple of days. In the mean time, I have been reading all the posts to see what others are doing. My only dis-like with the silver is all the small surface wrinkles. I thought about re-painting, but decided against it. I will get comfortable flying this one and perhaps purchase the Allied green the next cycle. I like the silver, and not sure why the many wrinkles. Can anyone give a reason for this blemish?

Comment

• Some one mentioned something about a rake. Was this about the P-38? I could not find the thread that specifically addressed this issue. I would appreciate the before I start building. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• The silver has a bit more pronounced "gator skin" in some areas than the Allied Green. Reflective paint such as silver always accentuates the surface more than a flat paint like Olive Drab. If I had the silver I would likely add filler, sand, prime and repaint the silver sections that need it if it bothered me too much.

You can create a forward rake in the struts by adding some washers to the trailing edge of the retracts. Works great!

Well I tried to video a short segment on all of my mods but between the shaky camera holding and poor lighting, it ended up looking more like the Blair Witch Project than a normal RC video, lol...So I will either try again in better lighting or just list it all here.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                    Okay, I re-ordered the Dubro wheels now that I know that the 3" will fit the silver. I already had the 2 3/4". They should be here in a couple of days. In the mean time, I have been reading all the posts to see what others are doing. My only dis-like with the silver is all the small surface wrinkles. I thought about re-painting, but decided against it. I will get comfortable flying this one and perhaps purchase the Allied green the next cycle. I like the silver, and not sure why the many wrinkles. Can anyone give a reason for this blemish?
                                    Don't do the rake mod on the mains if you're going to the 3" tires...the doors won't close.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      Hey, great to have you aboard Nioa! As you can see the boys are really jacked over this one, looks to be a real winner.
                                      Looking forward to hearing if you get one and what your impressions are. Grossman56
                                      Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
                                      Welcome nioa! Come on in, the water's fine! This would be a great model to get your feet wet. Quick build, great flyer, nice quality.
                                      Thank you gentlemen for your kind welcome. It is VERY appreciated. I certainly will share my impressions of this bird as soon as I can get one from Motion RC.

Nick

p.s. and FWIW, a note about the software this thread is using, WOW! Love the advanced editor. I like being able to do things like make a table; that really comes in handy for lots of data reporting tasks.

Comment

• Has anyone come up with a good way to remove the radiator decals on the sliver version? My usual methods aren't working. Hot water takes the nose decal off nicely. Thanks.

Comment

• Guys...are any of you having an issue with your inboard flap control rods meeting the control horn? My inboard flap servos are centered but the clevice is dangerously wobbly and close to falling off. It won't hold up to flight use. Have you had to readjust the servo arms to be more toward the tail instead of perfectly center?

Appreciate any insight.

Comment

Working...
                                          X