Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an image of just how important that tail reinforcement was, and how effective it was. Direct hit from an 88mm anti-air gun.

Second image is just an interesting one I had never seen before of Thomas McGuire in the cockpit of his P-38.

Comment

• Now that doesn't look fun.

Comment

• Working on the P-38 (finally) to get her airworthy again. The cockpit has been holding me up. Since I damaged the original one on a hard landing. Since I had to swap out the original pilot with the Aces of Iron pilot I bought, I finally broke down and added some detail to the radio equipment. It is a little rushed, but I'm ok with the results.

I used some polystyrene rods and like 30 gauge wire for the wire bundles. I was able to put 4 pieces of wire together and twist them up. Worked perfectly. Then just added some paint. Nothing fancy, but adds some flare.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great to me!

Comment

• Hey all,

I was out to a local club for an open house last Monday and brought out my P-38 for the first time since last year.

Just a couple of pics taken during the event.

Comment

• Those are some nice shots! Looks good :Cool: :p38

Comment

• Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post
                Hey all,

I was out to a local club for an open house last Monday and brought out my P-38 for the first time since last year.

Just a couple of pics taken during the event.

Got mine out for the first time this year as well. Wind was 15mph+ from everywhich direction. Not a problem with this bird. Just "plane" fun :p38:).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
                  Those are some nice shots! Looks good :Cool: :p38
                  We are very lucky to have the photographer that we do, he does amazing work

Comment

• Yes indeed, the 38 just cuts though the air like butter.

Comment

• Nice shots TRobinson!

Comment

• Tomorrow I might finally get the nerve to try the fpv setup again on the new P38. I only hope it does as well as my last one.

Comment

• Good luck Rifleman! Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

• Well it was so so, haha, I over extended my flight time once again. I have to start paying attention to the voltage display! Good news is the damage was completely repaired in 30 seconds. Alot rougher on the landing than I normally am. This was my first cockpit view flight in about 7-8 months. Just missed the flare by milliseconds. That precise game we play brother!

Comment

• So here she is!

Comment

• OUCH THAT HURT.. did not look too bad though...hate those hard landings.had gear door fall off my p38 fouled in the front gear had to belly land it minimal damage there pretty tough:Cool:

Comment

• really cool fpv :Cool:
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• ya like the pan on the cam

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	134547 this is my bird

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
                                        OUCH THAT HURT.. did not look too bad though...hate those hard landings.had gear door fall off my p38 fouled in the front gear had to belly land it minimal damage there pretty tough:Cool:
                                        Yeah not much I could do with it, it was either do what I did or risk it lifting up and really slamming the nose hard. I really got away with murder on that flight

Comment

• Nice man! Like the cleaner job you did on the canopy removal. Any tips before I butcher mine up?

I finally finished editing the combat manual that Thomas McGuire wrote for P-38 pilots that I posted last page or the page before. Sorry it took longer than I thought it would, but holy wow is it a great read.

Also, just for fun, here's a great picture of the P-38 gun detail. Going to try to see if I can cut slots in my cannon; I was super disappointed to see that all the included guns are identical.

I also included some other interesting photos that I've accumulated. Check the photo descriptions for more info.

Comment

Working...
                                          X