Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine RC 1600mm P-38 Lightning Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made this for my truck bed and work stand....made from PVC
    Brandon Moon

Comment

• OR, i f we really want to take A BUNCH of airplanes we can do like guys like Charlie do!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8185.JPG
Views:	607
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	55439Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8186.JPG
Views:	621
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	55440 Just gotta love it

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Now that's nice!!!! HOLY COW!!!!.....Now that's the way to go flying....Yea-Buddy!!!!
        Brandon Moon

Comment

• As you can see CB doesn't like to travel lightly!
          Believe it or not, I think he actually flew each of those planes while at NEFI.
          Good times to look forward to, plan on being there if at all possible. Well worth the trip and ours was 1300 miles one way!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Oxotnik, thanks for the pictures. I'm curious are your wood racks permanent or semi-permanent in your vehicle?
            The rack is removable. The 3/4" plywood base is heavy enough to keep anything from shifting around. The rack is not tied/bolted down at in any way. It's easily removable.

The base is a 4x4x(3/4)" plywood. If I had it to do over again, I would not have put on the outer uprights and would have spread the center uprights a little further apart (to better hold the twins). I wasn't thinking about twins when I made the rack.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
              Now that's nice!!!! HOLY COW!!!!.....Now that's the way to go flying....Yea-Buddy!!!!
              Thanx Brandon..........I totally forgot about Gman snagging those pics of the rollin hangar. Hey, when you hump it 600 miles one way I ain't coming with only a couple. And yes Gman, I did fly 14 of the 15(12 in trailer and 3 in truck) that I brought to NEFI, the only one that didn't go up was the A-6 because it fell off the rack somewhere in Ohio and stripped the rudder servo. Am going back again next June primarily load with all my twins. :D
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I remember that trailer. Glad you made the trip. Already looking forward to NEFI this year.

Comment

• I'm with you Ryan, we all had such a great time last year, lets just hope the wind is slightly less!!
                  Anyone who hasn't been to AMA headquarters, there is a heavenly glow and Angels singing as you first see it. The airplanes will start to jump because they, in the foamy world, realize they're about to enter Model R/C Airplane Heaven. And it really is.

It's like the biggest most perfect golf course, but with runways!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Some interesting ideas. Thanks for sharing. I've got so many "specialized" stands for various planes that the stands themselves are taking up a lot of room. Trying to come up with something more universal is a real challenge.

Comment

• Finally got to open the P-38 in silver that my wife got me for Christmas. Man what a beautiful bird! Now I've got to get that GeeBee E finished that's on the bench for repairs and get started on this one. Wife also got me the high performance motor set up and I just ordered the new landing gear set. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the high performance motors in or not. I really like the 3 blade props.
                      Is anybody else running the faster motors?

Comment

• Just got the gear upgrade set for this bird for Christmas! Can't wait to try it out at the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                          Finally got to open the P-38 in silver that my wife got me for Christmas. Man what a beautiful bird! Now I've got to get that GeeBee E finished that's on the bench for repairs and get started on this one. Wife also got me the high performance motor set up and I just ordered the new landing gear set. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the high performance motors in or not. I really like the 3 blade props.
                          Is anybody else running the faster motors?
                          I am with the 2bl setup.....It's a little faster, but not a whole lot. but I like it though....I too like the look of the 3bl setup and have one p38 on stock motor set up and one with the upgrade 800kv and 2bl setup both fly great. and, both with the upgraded struts...definitely makes the landings smoother
                          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

I am with the 2bl setup.....It's a little faster, but not a whole lot. but I like it though....I too like the look of the 3bl setup and have one p38 on stock motor set up and one with the upgrade 800kv and 2bl setup both fly great. and, both with the upgraded struts...definitely makes the landings smoother
                            Thanks for the response Brandon. I think I'll stay with the 3 blade set up. It looks like they have a little lower amp draw so should get better flight times too.

Comment

• Agreed, I'm actually converting mine back to the stock motors as well for the better efficiency and longer flight time
                              Brandon Moon

Comment

• This thread has been quiet lately. Everyone must be playing with their new toys.

Just ordered my graphics from Callie for # 133, "Irish Angel" from the same Satan's Angels squadron, so won't have to make any major scheme changes. It also happens to be a fitting tribute to my wife who got me this great bird.

Comment

• That will be sharp...and good grease for the next plane :cool:

TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    Just got the gear upgrade set for this bird for Christmas! Can't wait to try it out at the field.
                                    Sweet! I need to pick up a pair myself. My stock gear is still going strong but I would love the upgrade.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      That will be sharp...and good grease for the next plane :cool:

You've got that right. Got my eye on that new A-10 coming out. So far it's a go.:)

Comment

• Yeah, I noticed that too! Alot of guys stay logged in so we can hear the sound of screws being driven and glue being spread accompanied by the language of assembly (you all know what I mean......)

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• New to the this forum and not a heavy poster on others. When my wife asked what I wanted for Christmas, it was a toss-up between the P-38 or the 1700mm Corsair. After much consideration, I chose this one. I have reviewed all 131 pages on this forum and quite a few on the RCG forum and I have come away with some questions prior to beginning to assemble my Allied Green P-38.

1. Receivers: Any recommendations? All of my current planes have Spektrum stuff in them so I'm familiar with that brand. How about AS3X. Do I need it? I have some planes with and some without.

2. Batteries: Of all my planes & heli's, none are 4 cell so I will be in the market for new batteries. I read a mix of anywhere from 2500mAh to 3600maAh. What are the advantages to the lower v upper range in mAh?

3. I want to paint invasion stripes on the bottom of the wings. Can anyone tell me what the width of the stripes should be on this place. Is the width the same on the fuselage.

4. I plan to buy the FL gear set-up as it appears they are a huge upgrade from stock.

Thanks in advance for the help. There is a wealth of information here from those that joined the P-38 club early. I look forward to getting mine in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                          X