Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad the video helps you guys! Thanks for watching.

Comment

• Wait, there's a video? Lol j/k

Comment

• Can't wait to get her in the air Sunday, wind will be light out of the East, Southeast, and it will be warming back up to 60. At the moment it's 29. Lol aaah Texas. Gotta love the bipolar weather.

Comment

• Here they are in numerical order. 38 39.
          Attached Files

Comment

• One winter project about done. Finished putting a new paint job on the Silver P-38. Installed the upgrade motors and balanced the spinner. Just need to balance the new props and put the wings back on, and ready to go!!
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Sweet! I thought about doing the power upgrade, but I kinda like how it is in stock form

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                One winter project about done. Finished putting a new paint job on the Silver P-38. Installed the upgrade motors and balanced the spinner. Just need to balance the new props and put the wings back on, and ready to go!!
                Oh I see how you are now, gotta fly faster with your 38 than Ryan or myself at NEFi this year ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

One winter project about done. Finished putting a new paint job on the Silver P-38. Installed the upgrade motors and balanced the spinner. Just need to balance the new props and put the wings back on, and ready to go!!
                  Looking good Lon, the Pudgy is one of my favorite schemes. My green one is due for a repaint when the weather improves, thinking that the Robin Olds "Scat II" would look cool with the D-day striping. The upgraded power will be lots of fun I'm sure, but I could never bring myself to lose those beautiful 3 blade props. Certainly sure to be a speedy bird though!

Comment

Lon, looks great. Same scheme on my 38. I just finished with 3 coats of Varathane on mine. Needed a little sprucing up after some "natural weathering" this summer ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Oh I see how you are now, gotta fly faster with your 38 than Ryan or myself at NEFi this year ;)
                      I'll have my stock green one along too. But if you want. I can provide a picture for you of the back end view of her. ;) That way you'll be aclimated to the view
                      Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• LMFAO.........I new there was a reason I liked you when I first met ya!!!!
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Do y'all fly the single or dual battery configuration? I use the single. I just haven't gotten around to trusting the twin pack setup yet.

Comment

• I fly the dual pack setup with two Admiral 3000s. No issues so far.

Comment

• Cool, I'm running a single 5000. Seems to hold up well.

Comment

• I run both 2500 and 3600 dual setups.
                                Lon

Comment

• What is the all up weight?

Comment

• I've been running with both ESCs supplying 5V power back to the RX. I haven't had any problems yet, but want to be on the safe side. Do you guys mostly disconnect one of the 5V wires from the ESCs or disconnect both and run with 5V RX battery? On my Freewing Mosquito, I've disconnected one of the 5V wires. I'm thinking seriously about using 5V NiCad RX battery packs, since neither plane would notice the added mass. Thoughts?
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                      I've been running with both ESCs supplying 5V power back to the RX. I haven't had any problems yet, but want to be on the safe side. Do you guys mostly disconnect one of the 5V wires from the ESCs or disconnect both and run with 5V RX battery? On my Freewing Mosquito, I've disconnected one of the 5V wires. I'm thinking seriously about using 5V NiCad RX battery packs, since neither plane would notice the added mass. Thoughts?
                                      My P-38 and F7F have both connected with no issues, I have several twins and quads with every configuration you can think of from all four ESCs connected to external BECs and they all work great with hundreds of flights on them. However I admit the ones with the external BECs give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I've been running the ESCs as per the manual. I'd have to do some digging to find quotes from MotionRC personnel that states they were involved in the design. And that there had been no issues, and should be no issues because of the design with the ESCs. I myself have several hundred flights logged between the Green & Silver models with no issues.
                                        Lon

Comment

I've been running the ESCs as per the manual. I'd have to do some digging to find quotes from MotionRC personnel that states they were involved in the design. And that there had been no issues, and should be no issues because of the design with the ESCs. I myself have several hundred flights logged between the Green & Silver models with no issues.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X