P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa 1400mm DH.82 Tiger Moth Biplane - British Camo (Balsa ARF) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting to build mine. How did you determine the amount of right/down thrust for the electric motor - or is it not needed. Don't see anything in the instructions.

Comment

The firewall itself has the required thrust angle- with the adjusted length of the motor stand-off bolts all kept the same you'll be good.
      Tom

Comment

Thanks - I finally noticed that.

Comment

Do the wires for the wing serve any purpose other than giving the plane a more scale appearance? I am assembling my TM and I am in process assembling the wings.

Comment

Hey... so they are out of stock... is it safe to assume that maybe there's some sitting in all the container ships off of the coast?
            OAN... For those that have the kit, does it come with a spinner?

Comment

A spinner is not included.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                A spinner is not included.
                Thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	landingear.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	329383 I installed an extra support wire for my landing gear as the stock gear seems kind of weak. I added this kind of support to strengthen the landing gear.

Comment

short vid of my electric tiger moth on 4s 4000

Nexa tigermoth - YouTube

Comment

As the container finally arrived, I ordered mine! Looking forward to the build and the flying!

Comment

Originally posted by miatateer View Post
                        As the container finally arrived, I ordered mine! Looking forward to the build and the flying!
                        I did as well!

Comment

I ordered the silver last week when i got notice they were back in stock. Just received it and its all yellow! Not a mistake, the box said yellow version.
                          I like that color scheme.

Comment

Got mine in today- ordered camo, and got camo lol...

Comment

i have nothing against the yellow as its easy to see against the blue or gray or white clouds silver is a bit harder to see but id hate to order one and get another color

Comment

Ordered silver. Will I get yellow? FedEx says I'll find out today. Not sure I like the idea of yellow...

And I see the "silver" is out of stock already!

Comment

Got mine. It's yellow. As this specific scheme really exists in Aussie Land, I guess I'll keep it. But sheesh...disappointed with motion.

Comment

I think I'd be disappointed too. I wonder if they just didn't notice that it said "yellow" on the box or just decided to ship the wrong color anyway.
                                    I'm going to order a camo one in a week or two when the Christmas rush is over. FedEx has been a real train wreck lately. My last order from Motion has said "on FedEx truck for delivery today" for the last four days. Maybe tomorrow?
                                    If I get the camo scheme I think I'll put yellow stripes on the wings similar to the silver one. I wish it was yellow on the bottom like most of the camo full scale ones I've seen. There used to be one like that at one of our local airports.
                                    Still have to decide on electric or 4-stroke glow.
                                    Steve

Comment

The SKU on the box was the same as the silver model. Just the words "Yellow version" which I would have thought would be a "yellow" flag 😉. They offered to take it back, but I have already unboxed and started work on it. I would still rather have yellow than camo...it was a trainer after all. And the scheme on this one is from a currently flying example, though a few years back it crashed into a river! I hope to avoid that!

Unforgettable flight experiences, enjoy a scenic flight in our vintage 1940s Tiger Moth or have a go at being a pilot in one of our Cessnas.

Comment

During WWII almost all British trainers were painted camouflage on top for obvious reasons.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Okay, I am one of six (6) Instructors at my RC CLUB and Stanley was in need of someone to assist him with final check-outs of his fantastic looking NEXA Tiger Moth 1400mm (55-inch) span.

I had the honor to Maiden it on Tuesday morning, however, we didn't have anyone that recorded a good video so, Wednesday (02-23-2022) morning we had David R. to fly the model (2nd flight) and I took over the official recording of Stan's Tiger Moth flight.

FLIGHT SUMMARY:
                                          It is powered by a powerful Electric setup and Stanley did a super job as the Center-Of-Gravity was right on the mark.

The only item found was reversed Ailerons and Stanley quickly corrected during our Pre-Flight checks.

He also accepted my recommendation to provide additional deflection on the UP Elevator for additional authority as I found Elevator to not have that much deflection and according to Stanley the throws were setup according to the manual.

Take Off was uneventful and the Tiger Moth climbed like a home sick dove and had it about 200 feet up (5 mistakes high) and proceeded to trim and more trim. Noticed the model to lean and tip over to the Right so, provided Left Aileron Trim and several Clicks Down Elevator as any sudden throttle it tends to climb. Sooth Throttle the model tends to respond without too much climb.

Found flying the model with mostly right at Half Throttle and gave the Transmitter to Stanley for a few seconds so, he can enjoy and he returned the Transmitter back for me to officiate the Landing. I allowed the model to loop one more cycle around the field and approached from the South (Lake) and aligned the model to land adjacent to the Textile Runway with Dead Stick manner and didn't do any Side Slip and instead just allowed the model to Nose Down and keep airspeed and at Three (2) feet OFF THE DECK, I gave UP elevator (Flare - Round-out) and it slowed very nicely and touched down without any bounce.

Here is the video! (2nd Flight with David R. at the controls)
                                          de Havilland DH.82 Tiger Moth is a 1930s British biplane designed by Geoffrey de Havilland and built by the de Havilland Aircraft Company. It was operated by...

Comment

Working...
                                          X