X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starck Mad View Post

Yeah...better master the three point takeoffs and landings...
    That's where the fun comes in! And if there gear height is scale (and it looks like it is) there should still be about 1/2" of clearance when the tail is up. Can any one who has it (Tony or Alpha?) please measure the maximum prop size with the tail held level? Otherwise I'll just have to bring a tape measure to Oshkosh..

Comment

Here's a video and photo from my Sunday morning flight. This Bearcat is a must for any warbird fan....period! :)
      Here's a sunrise flight of the FlightlineRC 1200mm F8F-1 Bearcat flown in the Mojave Desert, CA. Total flight time was 6 minutes on an Admiral 4S 2500 batter...

Comment

Thought I heard you say you were using a 2500 on that flight if so did you add weight for balance and what was the flight time?

Comment

Admiral 4S 2500 all the way forward, 6 minute flight and still had 51% power left in the pack. No weight added.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
            Admiral 4S 2500 all the way forward, 6 minute flight and still had 51% power left in the pack. No weight added.
            Have you flown her with the 4000's? If so how did it do? I was amazed at how good the Spitfire flies with the heavier packs.
            Big time propeller head
            Love flying scale and 3D
            Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Curious about the 5000mah admiral as well. Thats what I fly the seafury with and its a hoot.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

That's great it apparently has a very efficient power system. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Well, I'm not going out and spending more money on batteries since I have 3600's and 4000's sitting around already. Didn't the Flightline Spitfire take a 4000?

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

I believe that is what Ryan said he liked best in the spit. I was glad to hear the news on the 2500's because I have several and like you stated I'm not wanting to buy a bunch of new batteries until I use these up then I might replace them with something bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Well, I'm not going out and spending more money on batteries since I have 3600's and 4000's sitting around already. Didn't the Flightline Spitfire take a 4000?

Grossman56
                      The Spitty flies great with the 4000's...
                      Big time propeller head
                      Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Agree with the Mad man, 4,000s are great in the FL Spitfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Starck Mad View Post

Have you flown her with the 4000's? If so how did it do? I was amazed at how good the Spitfire flies with the heavier packs.
                          Yes, both my daughter and I prefer flying the Bearcat with the Admiral 4S 4000 pack. The additional weight and 12+ minute flight time make a perfect combination. I fly the 2500 to demonstrate the slow speed and vertical performance of the model, which are impressive!

Comment

Yes, both my daughter and I prefer flying the Bearcat with the Admiral 4S 4000 pack. The additional weight and 12+ minute flight time make a perfect combination. I fly the 2500 to demonstrate the slow speed and vertical performance of the model, which are impressive!
                            That's great! The Spitty is no speed demon on the 4000 but she still has some vertical legs and slows nicely into a three point landing. Really looking forward to the Bearcat! Glad miss Evelyn is still loving hers!!

SM (aka Adam Stang)
                            Big time propeller head
                            Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Well, that's good news xplaneguy, 12 minute flight time sounds awesome as well!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Now, here's some interesting nose art for a Bearcat.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Saw this one at Oshkosh and it looks great! Decided to pre order it, and I already have an HSD Skyraider prop on the way. Also got to see the full scale flying, which was certainly an impressive sight.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    Saw this one at Oshkosh and it looks great! Decided to pre order it, and I already have an HSD Skyraider prop on the way. Also got to see the full scale flying, which was certainly an impressive sight.
                                    I'll be very interested to see how you make out using that HSD Skyraider prop. I have that bird and the prop is very thick & heavy so you probably won't have to add any nose weight to the Bearcat for CG purposes. I expect that FL is using the same motor shaft as is on the Seafury(which I have)/Spitty so the hole in that HSD prop is going to require some seriously thick bushing. Look forward to seeing your mod thread on getting the more scale look to the front end on that F8F.
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

since I fly off grass (very short and dryed clay under it) ill keep mine stock and get another prop when they come in as even with short grass the nose goes over alot

Comment

I'll fly her with the stock prop, but I'll be keeping an eye on the mods and would probably go with a bigger, successful mod.
                                        Definitely no two blade prop though.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey guys, did some surfing the net and found these pics, just to get you in the mood, pretty cool!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X