Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really interested in hearing how the others have handled this. Maybe there was a QA mistake on yours Dan. Interesting. I was thinking about getting one but all the headaches I've had with the sniper I don't want to jump on another plane with trouble even if it's another brand with 2 still in the box..
    Dewey l

Comment

• Yeah, I posted the pics here on the inbox, so check it out.
      I'll see if the Motion R/C guys will chime in on this. Also, I was asking you about the flap control (in my message to you) an thought I'd put it out to all. I am using a DX8 (old version) and I usually don't have any problem getting the three position flap switch to work. However, with this plane, I get only landing flaps and no take off flaps. I've set up flaps for my other planes so I copied the ones from BBD just to see if it would work, but nothing. The sub trim will not move them either. When you go into the servo adjust and try to set Aux 1 (flap channel) I can switch from position '0' to position '1' and it twitches slightly but on the monitor you cans see the slide moving to the middle position. If I go to position '2' it will drop to landing flaps and I can adjust that, just can't get take off flaps.
      As I e=mentioned to Charlie, if I scroll the menu down to 'flaps' and select it, it says inhibit and I haven't figured out how to activate it. Any help would be appreciated.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Okay guys, just dropped a note to Mark Tom and Aros, so lets give them a chance to chime in on the discussion, I'm thinking this is something that shouldn't have got through Beta testing, so there must be an answer. Ryan talks about the same box in the TA 152 build video at about 2:40 if you're interested.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          Yeah, I posted the pics here on the inbox, so check it out.
          I'll see if the Motion R/C guys will chime in on this. Also, I was asking you about the flap control (in my message to you) an thought I'd put it out to all. I am using a DX8 (old version) and I usually don't have any problem getting the three position flap switch to work. However, with this plane, I get only landing flaps and no take off flaps. I've set up flaps for my other planes so I copied the ones from BBD just to see if it would work, but nothing. The sub trim will not move them either. When you go into the servo adjust and try to set Aux 1 (flap channel) I can switch from position '0' to position '1' and it twitches slightly but on the monitor you cans see the slide moving to the middle position. If I go to position '2' it will drop to landing flaps and I can adjust that, just can't get take off flaps.
          As I e=mentioned to Charlie, if I scroll the menu down to 'flaps' and select it, it says inhibit and I haven't figured out how to activate it. Any help would be appreciated.

Grossman56
          Here was my response to Dan in the PM so others can use the info if they are "manual challenged"(like most guys that don't read the instructions) so as not to pollute this thread a with lot of non Bearcat related stuff.

Your flap problem is systemic, that is why you aren't getting the correct(or no) responses from the flap switch. You have to initialize the flap operation not thru servo adjust but through the flap menu that you still have inhibited. In order to activate you need to go to System Setup, then select Aircraft Type. Then you select what kind of wing configuration you have which is usually 1 aileron, 1 flap(trust me) selected from a bunch of options. I said trust me because if you select the actual physical count of servos controlling the surfaces it will mess you up too. Details are somewhat explained in the manual. After doing this then normalize your servo adjust settings for flaps back to 100/100. The actual throws are adjusted in the now assessable flaps menu that was inhibited before. Reference the manual.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yes, it took me about three minutes and the plane is good, I get three position flaps now, I went into wing type, and lo and behold, I hadn't scrolled down that far before.
            Anyways, to recap, the controller box is good for gear, flaps and ailerons but ailerons and rudder get plugged directly into the receiver, or in my case, the A3L.
            It is a handy although strange box.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• As Charlie said, on with the Bearcat related stuff.
              Right out of the box, this plane has THE best finish I've ever seen on any of my planes. A pretty straight forward build with the exception of the aforementioned controller box. I found the tail assembly and wing assembly to be pretty tight, so a little light pressure and careful placement of the pieces as they slide into the fuse is in order. Watch the gear doors, open them as Ryan mentioned in the build video and make life easy on yourself and drop the gear down before inserting the wings.
              Trust me....
              Once assembled, check control surfaces for proper direction, prop on (what a beautiful design that prop is!)
              Took it for a taxi down the basement, WOW does she track beautifully.
              This plane does not disappoint, guys. The battery hatch is cavernous, had no problem getting everything inside. The one thing I did notice is that the wire coming out of the controller box for the aileron was a little short as I stuck the box on the port side of the fuse and the gyro sits flat on the starboard, so I used a small extension to give a bit of slack, no problem if you aren't going with a gyro. Heck, they even give you a piece of that rubber drawer liner to help seat the battery!
              So, after working the challenges out, which really, were pretty easy once pointed in the right direction, I'm totally impressed, well worth the wait!!
              Now, if she flies as well as she looks........
              My first Flightline aircraft and I have seen all of them with the exception of the TA 152. These are top notch quality kits and won't be my last.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi Guys! To clear the air on the "Blue Box" issue, we will be changing the description in the manual in future printings. The box is only meant to serve as a wing wiring connector to alleviate the mess of using three "Y" connectors. It has three outputs, for the ailerons, flaps, and retracts. The inputs for the elevator and rudder are not used, and these will plug directly into your receiver. I hope everybody enjoys flying the Bearcat as much as I have. From the scale, full flap, three point carrier landings, to the great vertical and over the top performance, this is one beautiful bird to fly.

Comment

• https://www.motionrc.com/products/gr...es-c-g-machine When I see fingers to balance an airplane, I always show people this. I know, you know what your doing; I just want other to see the correct machine for properly balancing an aircraft. PEACE Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by starcop View Post

https://www.motionrc.com/products/gr...es-c-g-machine When I see fingers to balance an airplane, I always show people this. I know, you know what your doing; I just want other to see the correct machine for properly balancing an aircraft. PEACE Matt
                    AAAAWWWWWW.............. Now why are ya pickin on Ryan. ;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
                      Hi Guys! To clear the air on the "Blue Box" issue, we will be changing the description in the manual in future printings. The box is only meant to serve as a wing wiring connector to alleviate the mess of using three "Y" connectors. It has three outputs, for the ailerons, flaps, and retracts. The inputs for the elevator and rudder are not used, and these will plug directly into your receiver. I hope everybody enjoys flying the Bearcat as much as I have. From the scale, full flap, three point carrier landings, to the great vertical and over the top performance, this is one beautiful bird to fly.
                      On my blue box the aileron and flap plugs only have one wire each. With a Servo tester no response. I assume it's not supposed to be this way. Am I correct?

nevermind. When I plug the gear, aileron, and flaps in the tester at the same time, everything worked. I guess somehow the gear completes the circuit

Once I plugged everything into the receiver the ailerons and flaps will not work.

Comment

• How about some pictures of where the blue box and receiver is mounted? looking for some ideas

Comment

• Here's how I did mine. The Aileron, Flap, and Landing Gear plugs all go into the blue box. Throttle, Elevator, and Rudder go directly into the RX, along with the output wires from the blue box. I velcro'd my RX to sit right next to my blue box which comes with 3M foam tape attached.
                          Pat

Comment

• I put mine on the port (pilots left) side wall, the receiver upside down on the top of the fuse, in line with the blue box, then the A3L on the starboard side. Worked great, nice and compact, just make sure everything is working before attaching the receiver as its going to be hard to get at the wires once its in position. Nice thing about this is that all the boxes are sitting on the cg.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Sometimes that's the way things are on a shared negative control board.
                              Dewey l

Comment

• Well, now that I have the electronics worked out and everything installed, I put the decals on tonight then gave her the first coat of Varathane. What a difference that makes!! I find that two, maybe three coats with a foam brush will get me where I want to be. I did the Blue Angels scheme, no surprise there as that was what I first suggested, and that coupled with a coat of shine, beautiful!
                                The pilot, BTW, is your stock WWII Freewing guy and he looks scale so the difference between the FW P51's and the Bearcat is minimal.
                                Guys, if this plane flies as good as it looks, they've knocked another one out of the ball park!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Looks great, Pat! That's how I've set mine up regarding the blue box.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Anyone else notice that their aileron hinges are splitting?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingiceberg View Post
                                      Anyone else notice that their aileron hinges are splitting?
                                      Most foam planes do that but the nylon pin hinges are what actually holds the control surfaces on.

TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Got the maiden and four total flights in last night. What a sweet flying plane, it's my new favorite. My only complaint with this plane are the decals, they didn't seem like they stuck very well and sure enough on flight number 1 one of the 7's tore off. I'll get a new decal sheet ordered and replace the 7 but that's my only complaint on an other great looking and flying plane.

I'm using an Admiral 3600 mAh battery pushed all the way forward in the battery compartment, at full throttle I get 5 minutes of flying time. I have fat fingers so I'm sure I'm close to the 85mm in the manual and based on other reports of flights I hoped that this would be good and it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                          Got the maiden and four total flights in last night. What a sweet flying plane, it's my new favorite. My only complaint with this plane are the decals, they didn't seem like they stuck very well and sure enough on flight number 1 one of the 7's tore off. I'll get a new decal sheet ordered and replace the 7 but that's my only complaint on an other great looking and flying plane.

I'm using an Admiral 3600 mAh battery pushed all the way forward in the battery compartment, at full throttle I get 5 minutes of flying time. I have fat fingers so I'm sure I'm close to the 85mm in the manual and based on other reports of flights I hoped that this would be good and it was.
                                          What a beautiful looking plane! I'm waiting in the wings to see how everyone's experience is on this first run before I pull the trigger. I may just have to order one from the next batch! 5 minutes on the 3600 sounds perfect for flying time. Is there enough room in the battery compartment for a larger pack moved back a bit?

Comment

Working...
                                          X