X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    I set mine up on a three way switch, I set mid and low as Ryan suggested and high rates was 100% ailerons, with 30% expo throughout.

Grossman56
    I thought Ryan said he used all the outer holes?

Comment

• Yes he did, but the radio dual rates are a different thing.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• I understand the Dual rates I just want to make sure I don't have too much throw especially on Maiden

Comment

• She flies like a dream on the outer holes, don't worry

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Beside, you guys are in the process of building that F7F in 1600 mm........... Aren't you??? (Another hint LOL)

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Grossman56
            Dude.........you called it!!!!! Go buy a scratch off now so you maybe can have some change to get this and the 38.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm still smiling over that, They were probably wondering who let the 'Cat" out of the bag!
              LOL
              Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm happy to report my Bearcat is ready for her maiden. Unfortunately we have about 20 inches of snow on the ground from earlier this week. I decided to use the 2nd hole in on all control surfaces because the outer hole was too big and there was some slop in the pushrods. I used the manual's suggested throws for high and low rates. I'm not a big fan of expo so none dialed in at this point. Thanks to Grossman for turning me on to varathane. What a difference. Here is a before and after pick.

Comment

• It really make a difference doesn't it! BTW, I tried both the 3600's and the 4000's 4s batteries in her and liked the 4000's a bit better, both all the way forward. If you're going for scale looks, like me, I painted the wheels navy blue and the struts with Testors chrome, also painted the nose hub center (where the screw goes in) yellow. Looks great!
                  Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsmith View Post
                    Thanks to Grossman for turning me on to varathane. What a difference. Here is a before and after pick.
                    Those water based poly-U's are a real nice touch to these foamies when needed and Dan is always the consummate perfectionist on the paint schemes due to his artist background. By the way Tsmith........the clean bench is definitely a sign of a sick mind, can't remember the last time I saw mine looking that bare. ;)
                    Best regards,
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words....
                      The first two show where I used some left over Flight metal
                      around the exhaust ports
                      Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Yeah, there is something wrong with that isn't there. Mind you, mine looks like that after Diane gets fed up and moves everything!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan,
                          I've been busy the last couple weeks since the weather closed in here with some exhaust port markings on the fleet. Ya gotta dirty that Angel up just a smidgen.
                          Look at this exhaust.
                          blue, airport, michigan, over, run, willow, angels, thunder, bearcat, grumman, f8f2

By the way, got the chance to fly last Fri with temps almost near 70 with light/variable winds but two days later I was pounded with 15 inches of white crap. The big uns are definitely in hibernation now till the spring.
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

It really make a difference doesn't it! BTW, I tried both the 3600's and the 4000's 4s batteries in her and liked the 4000's a bit better, both all the way forward. If you're going for scale looks, like me, I painted the wheels navy blue and the struts with Testors chrome, also painted the nose hub center (where the screw goes in) yellow. Looks great!
                            Grossman56
                            Thanks! She's a beauty all right. Love the looks. Mine balanced perfectly at 85mm with a 3600 in it. I don't have any 4000s so I'll try the 3600 for maiden. This was pre-varathane balance. I'll balance again when she is completely dry. I love your yellow hub and blue wheels, I may have to get some more paint. . The bench isn't usually this clean, lol, just for the pics.

Comment

• I hear your Charlie, I just hate to though. Same with the Spitty, they're done like a museum piece. But, I have to have a winter project...
                              Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Oh, hey, what did you fly??
                                The weather was beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and in the 40's, but the dang wind was up all day, so I'm hoping for better tomorrow. I have Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun off, work for three days and repeat, gotta love it.
                                Flying in December in Wyoming?? Could it be???
                                Hoping for a Christmas miracle and Santa brings me an F7F!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Got a bunch of Quanum Bomb drops with the Stuka. Our N/S runway now looks like a baby powder pockmark
                                  Thinkin maybe I'll blow up the NEFI runways like that next year. :p
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Yeah, bring it on!!
                                    Getting to the point where we say goodbye to 2016 and start planning 2017!!
                                    Just waiting to hear the dates for Nefi and then the big push!!
                                    That Stuka will be a real eye catcher! When I got home and reviewed the pictures, I realized how many planes had flown that I missed and would have like to see fly, gotta pay more attention next year. Also, I want to shoot video there as well as stills and put something together, similar to what I do for Old Trail Town at Christmas out here in WY.
                                    How was Turkey day at your home??
                                    Happy Thanksgiving!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• How much travel are you guys using on flaps?

Comment

• 15 degrees for mid and 30 degrees for landing. Charlie had a link to a great little tool, maybe he'll share it.
                                        Anyway, I prop the tail up so the meter reads 0 degrees with the flaps up, then adjust the mid rates and low rates accordingly.
                                        I took Charlie's advice and use this for all my planes and it works great!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• The Bear & the Tiger! :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X