X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by albrat View Post
    i received my Bearcat yesterday and tonight assembled it. I am totally confused on the wiring and polarity of the plugs going into the control board from the servos. First, do the yellow or white wires when plugged into the control board face inboard or outboard and are they opposite on right and left sides or all one direction? Second--It shows 5 wires coming out of control board to my receiver and I have only 3 plugs coming out---from the right side first is flap, second wire is going to the last output on left to a 3 wire plug marked GEAR, there is no rudder wire, Fourth wire from right also says gear. This all makes no sense at all. How can my receiver send a signal on a single wire to this control board. I plugged in the battery and nothing turns on. Please help so I dont have to return this thing
    Hi Albrat
    Check out post 118, I had the same questions, the box they show in the manual is not what you receive. You use the box for L/G, ailerons and flaps an bypass everything else into the receiver.
    The single wire for the flaps works, just have to determine whether it plugs in so its at the top or bottom. Seems to me it was at the top.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I am like Mad,,,i just used y connectors and stashed the blue box...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rfenner View Post
        Been looking at these and wonder if theyll fit this Cat

Now that's interesting, let us know what you find

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Now that's interesting, let us know what you find

Grossman56
          Hey Gman.......just measure your struts and let us all know if that 168mm length is gonna work.
          I'm making mental notes for when I grab one to do the "Beetle Bomb" ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Will do.....WOW!!!
            What just happened to the Squawk!!
            I go away for 1/2 an hour and everything changed!!

That's crazy!!
            Team Gross!

Comment

• The stock struts measure 15.5 cm and they are 16.8 cm. Now, I didn't pull one of mine out of the servo, so you have to allow for that as well as the fact that they are measuring the length when the strut isn't compressed at all. What we're going to run into is whether its going to retract or does it extend too long. Be cool if it worked, maybe we might even get a small amount of extra prop clearance, that't be nice.

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Based on what you measured Dan, the only way they will work is if the top of the strut is cut down by 13mm and possibly have to drill the attachment pin hole depth deeper. For guys like me that do mods all the time it probably is not gonna be a big deal but I am gonna look around some more for another possible solutions.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I hear you, but I'm wondering how much of the new strut slides into the retract gear? Think it would be that much?

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan........the strut slides onto a pin that comes out of the retract. Look at your mustangs for a refresher course on oleos ;)
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Duh, yeah, OGM, I was thinking of the ones on the E Flite Spitfire that I've been dealing with lately, your right. I wonder if you can't adjust the springs in the oleo to lessen the throw and thereby shroten them?

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Not 13mm, you'll loose your suspension.
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Heres another set thats a bit shorter

Alloy Oleo Struts Offset with Trailing Link 155mm~ 12.7mm Pin (2pcs)

Comment

• I saw those also, perfect length but unfortunately they are designed to be inserted into a retract with a 12.7mm opening(no pin) and unless you have an end mill available trying to drill a 4mm hole in the end while keeping it concentric/perpendicular is a pretty tough feat.
                            The closest one that actually looks feasible enough to use by drilling the hole deeper before cutting 6mm off the end and possibly tapping a relocated grub screw I am thinking of trying is:
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I modified my Bearcat to have a little more power. I swapped the motor and esc. She now runs a 4258-650kv swinging a 14" FMS Corsair prop. She was maidened last week and she has power to spare! I will perform the same mod on my Blue Angel version.

Bob

Comment

• I thought about that as well, but i didnt go past the looking stage since the prop mounting is different.
                                still looking for some metal oleos before prop changing

Comment

• Originally posted by Rfenner View Post
                                  I thought about that as well, but i didnt go past the looking stage since the prop mounting is different.
                                  still looking for some metal oleos before prop changing
                                  The 4258-650 is an FMS motor. The FMS 14" Corsair prop mounts to this motor with the stock prop adapter supplied with the 4258.. All I had to modify was to re-drill 4 holes to mount the motormount and I had to open up the fake radial a bit.

Bob

Comment

• Sounds good Bob. Any pictures of it??

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      Sounds good Bob. Any pictures of it??

Grossman56
                                      Here is a video of the maiden:

and a pic.

Bob

Comment

• Pretty Danged impressive Bob!!! Doesn't look like she lost any of her great handling tendencies either!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Alright, here's my Bearcat build number 2. "Converting" it into a G-58A, Al Williams "Gulfhawk4" scheme. Still a ways to go but I've got the base colors down on wings. Just need some dark blue trim on wings and fuselage and a few decals. I put the entire FMS 1400mm Corsair power system in my first Bearcat but on this one I think I'll upgrade the motor like BornToLate did and see if it make much of a difference. Not that the extra power is needed..

Comment

Working...
                                          X