Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking of that as well, hopefully one of you guys who has done it will post a detailed direction on the method.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
      I'm thinking of that as well, hopefully one of you guys who has done it will post a detailed direction on the method.

Grossman56
      They did but the details were by pics that DD posted.

You've been at this long enough that a knife and some fiddling that you can do it too without step by step destructions ;)
      Since then, what ever stock that was left remaining on the now defunct FMS 1400 F6F tailgear has been depleted. :(
      If I had that F8F in hand I would go this route........ :Cool:( a real nice simple square rectangular pocket and fish two servo wires.......easy peazy)
      At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

PS........I happen to have one of them in spares inventory for the day when I do get a Bear at my usual below market acquisition discipline LOL
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Here's mine all together now, minus electronics and decals...Mods include 16" prop (from 1600mm Skyraider), FMS 4250-KV580 motor, ZTW Mantis 85A ESC, and BF-109 retractable tail wheel...will be flying with 4000mAh batteries...will be installing gyro as well...

Comment

• Hello gack and welcome to the Squawk,
          That HSD Skyraider prop just looks sooo good on there :Cool:(get that hub painted thou :))
          Post some pics please of the 109 tailwheel mod so that Gman can get a look of what I suggested in post#502
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Looking good! Mine is in repair right now after an aileron servo failure, but I can't wait to get it back up. You will definitely love the scale appearance with that prop!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Hello gack and welcome to the Squawk,
              That HSD Skyraider prop just looks sooo good on there :Cool:(get that hub painted thou :))
              Post some pics please of the 109 tailwheel mod so that Gman can get a look of what I suggested in post#502
              I'll have to take some pics of the retract tonight and I'll post them...get that hub painted? Are you talking about the nut and washer holding the prop on? It is painted...flat black...

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                Looking good! Mine is in repair right now after an aileron servo failure, but I can't wait to get it back up. You will definitely love the scale appearance with that prop!
                Mine probably won't fly for a couple weeks yet...finishing the plane won't take long, it's getting the weather needed for a maiden flight that's going to take the longest...it's been so dang windy! Glad to hear yours didn't get totaled when your servo went bad...that can be disastrous!

Comment

• Originally posted by gack View Post

I'll have to take some pics of the retract tonight and I'll post them...get that hub painted? Are you talking about the nut and washer holding the prop on? It is painted...flat black...
                  Was only messin with ya.........the majority of the full scale(well about a 60/40 split) had a silver/aluminum colored hub and the others with the black and an occasional red. ;)
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by gack View Post

Mine probably won't fly for a couple weeks yet...finishing the plane won't take long, it's getting the weather needed for a maiden flight that's going to take the longest...it's been so dang windy! Glad to hear yours didn't get totaled when your servo went bad...that can be disastrous!
                    I know the feeling! I've got an LX F-117 that's been waiting for a calm day to maiden since November... I was lucky on the damage for sure, but mostly lucky I didn't hurt myself. It was about 40 ft up in a tree, and I ended up climbing it and pulling it down. And it was not a very thick tree.. That prop is pretty hardy though! Even flying into a thick branch hardly seemed to scratch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      I know the feeling! I've got an LX F-117 that's been waiting for a calm day to maiden since November... I was lucky on the damage for sure, but mostly lucky I didn't hurt myself. It was about 40 ft up in a tree, and I ended up climbing it and pulling it down. And it was not a very thick tree.. That prop is pretty hardy though! Even flying into a thick branch hardly seemed to scratch it.
                      I probably won't mind flying in the wind once I've flown it a few times and gotten used to the feel, as long as it isn't too windy, but for that first flight I want it as calm as possible....good to hear about the prop, hopefully I won't have to find out how sturdy it is ;0)

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Was only messin with ya.........the majority of the full scale(well about a 60/40 split) had a silver/aluminum colored hub and the others with the black and an occasional red. ;)
                        :Cool:

Comment

• Yep, the tail wheel is the last thing to do. I used the 1400 mm Corsair prop and a 650 kv. WOW as stated before , but once more...............WOW!!!!
                          Welcome to the Squawk Gack!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Here are a couple pics of the 109 retract...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Yep, the tail wheel is the last thing to do. I used the 1400 mm Corsair prop and a 650 kv. WOW as stated before , but once more...............WOW!!!!
                              Welcome to the Squawk Gack!!

Grossman56
                              I have not flown the Cat yet, but F106DeltaDart says with the prop/motor/ESC combo he and I are using, the vertical performance is pretty much limitless...is the prop from the 1400 Corsair 14"?

Comment

• Yes it is, now I don't know about the SkyRaider prop, but if the Corsair is any indication, brace yourself!!
                                The nice thing is that it doesn't lose any of it's slow speed tendencies
                                I'm tending toward the 650 kv whenever I replace a motor. They work great in the FW P-51 as well as the P-40 and the Bearcat. Some of the guys fly them on the FMS Mustangs as well and I can imagine they are great as well, mine do pretty darned good on the 580kv.
                                Just waiting for CB to get his and blast into the skies with the 'Raider Prop. I bet it would give the Rare Bear a run for its money.

Anyone try it on 5s or 6s??

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Masking tape? What masking tape? I don't need no steenkin' masking tape! All I need is a good war!

Comment

• Excellent job Blindflyer!!!!

Grosman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Damn nice weathering job BF and welcome to the Squawk. Oh and your sooo right about the tape but you do need some steenkin bullets amigo.(I luv Blazin Saddles version)
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• LOL! Don't know if I need bullets...but I might need a few bullet holes. Kinda partial to this version without the cannon. Has a kind of brutish look, and the holes pass as MG's. Some photos show them in this configuration. May eventually acquire some red Vietnamese dirt on the underside.

Comment

• Finally got around to getting one of these and like most of you I am very impressed with the foam on this bird. I had no issues with the assembly and found Full Flap Landings to work the best for me. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do with many of you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X