Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear you there, batteries aren't cheap, especially when you consider we all buy multiple batteries at a time. I usually try to keep three batteries per plane, as a rule of thumb. Now that I have four Mustangs, a P 40 and a Bearcat that all take the same, or can take the same, I can haul any two of them to the field and make a day out of it. Of course, some of us are lucky enough to have a recharging station at their field, must be nice!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• FWIW, I fly mine exclusively on Zippy Compact 6200s. They weigh in at 20 oz even. My Admiral 4S 4000 weighs in at 14.3 oz. With the Zippy I like the added weight as it penetrates wind better, and the plane does not fly heavy at all. Plus I can fly for 10 minutes in a single flight, or break it up into two 6 minute flights.

Got another couple flights on mine yesterday. My favorite thing now is to come in for a touch and go, and drop the gear about 2 seconds before touchdown. It plants firmly on the mains, then power up and off I go again. :)
      Pat

Comment

• We received a small shipment of F8F Bearcat's today. I wanted all our Squawkers to get advance notice. Get 'em while they are hot.

Comment

• I've been naughty
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hello Pilots, GET THIS While you can!!! These are an exception to the rule in craftsmanship! I'm building the Flite-line Spitfire currently and, I can testify these models are the next generation of quality aircraft. Our design team is doing a phenomenal job making sure the level is a step above the competition. Customers who have already purchased this new line of Model aircraft. Please add your comments here. I know, there will always be something to find a fault. I'm asking for people who might see this in light of the price and, what your buying for $199.00!!! You couldn't get anything close to this 10 years ago. Thank you, for your time and, again don't miss out on a fine aircraft. Matt customer service rep.

Comment

• Question for anyone using Varathane or Minwax. I just read on another forum that someone tried Minwax on the new Tigercat and once in the sun it showed the popcorn effect in the foam. Has anyone experienced this yet with the Bearcat? Mine is already done but it has been in the garage since I have not had the weather to maiden it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post
                We received a small shipment of F8F Bearcat's today. I wanted all our Squawkers to get advance notice. Get 'em while they are hot.
                You guys are killin' me! I just ordered my second FL Bearcat!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingiceberg View Post
                  Question for anyone using Varathane or Minwax. I just read on another forum that someone tried Minwax on the new Tigercat and once in the sun it showed the popcorn effect in the foam. Has anyone experienced this yet with the Bearcat? Mine is already done but it has been in the garage since I have not had the weather to maiden it yet.
                  I used 2 coats of Minwax Water-Based Polycrylic on mine. So far in 3 weekends out I've not had any issues. It sits in the shade while on the ground, and is only in the sun during flight, so not sure how it would react sitting in the sun for an extended period of time.
                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

You guys are killin' me! I just ordered my second FL Bearcat!

Bob
                    Bob,

I thought you only did that with bombers? ;)

MRC, if you want to make a bunch of money off Bob, come out with a 2000mm B-24 and B-29. Bob will probably buy all of them! :p

(Well, less one each for the ones I would buy ;))
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingiceberg View Post
                      Question for anyone using Varathane or Minwax. I just read on another forum that someone tried Minwax on the new Tigercat and once in the sun it showed the popcorn effect in the foam. Has anyone experienced this yet with the Bearcat? Mine is already done but it has been in the garage since I have not had the weather to maiden it yet.
                      Minwax unlike Varathane has no UV protectant in it. But even with the protectant extended exposure in the sun can cause popcorning. I use Varathane and think it's a much better product and won't yellow over time,but I don't think anything will completely prevent over exposure.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                        Bob,

I thought you only did that with bombers? ;)

MRC, if you want to make a bunch of money off Bob, come out with a 2000mm B-24 and B-29. Bob will probably buy all of them! :p

(Well, less one each for the ones I would buy ;))
                        You know me too well! I love my bombers! In the case of the Bearcat, I did the first in Blue Angel #3 colors. The next one I have other plans in mind!

Motion! Flightline!! Bring on the BIG BOMBERS!!!!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

Minwax unlike Varathane has no UV protectant in it. But even with the protectant extended exposure in the sun can cause popcorning. I use Varathane and think it's a much better product and won't yellow over time,but I don't think anything will completely prevent over exposure.
                          Boomer is right, I wouldn't trust mine out in the Spring,Summer, Fall hot sun. You may get away with it with a light colored airplane, but for the sake of throwing in a sheet or something to cover it up with....... My dark birds always get parked in the shade of the truck, just in case.....

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• I am fairly new to flying about a year or so. I do fly a p-51,t-28, p47 Eflites with no problems. Do you guy's think by flying the listed planes I would be good with the Bearcat? also,I like power so could I get the2 blade prop and spinner separately without the motor upgrade for a bit more power? I do use 4s 4000 in all my 48' wingspan foam planes.
                            Thanks for you Input, :)

Comment

• If you can fly those planes with confidence, you shouldn't have any problem with the Bearcat. This Bearcat has taller wheels and a wider stance than those planes, and more wing, which all contributes to its stability.

I wouldn't recommend swapping only the prop and spinner. The prop, motor, ESC and battery are all part of a power *system*. If any part of that system is changed, one or more of the other components in that system will also likely have to change. The stock 4B prop is specifically designed for the stock motor's KV. And as always, I recommend flying the model in its stock form as I designed it, before considering spending more money. You might like it just the way it is, and saved yourself some cash. Or, you might decide the upgrade power system is what you want to try, in which case you can buy it knowing that it's money well spent above the stock power system.

Have fun!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Tom,

If you can fly those planes, then you'll have absolutely no issues with the Bearcat. I was instantly comfortable with the plane as soon as it took off on maiden, no trim required. Flies great and landings are a breeze.
                                Pat

Comment

• Thanks Guy's...most likely will be my next new plane..:)

Comment

• As soon as I saw that the Bearcat was back in stock on my cell phone I went straight home after work and ordered mine. I missed out on the last time it was in stock. I will have to order a few batteries since I only have 4 3300 4 cell right now that I am using for my Mosquito.

Comment

• She's a sweetheart guys! And plenty of go even in stock configuration. As I've said before, I prefer a 4000 4s in her, it adds a bit more weight and for me, its the sweet spot, so far......
                                      Everyone is different of course, but this plane is a must have....

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey, guys. I see some familiar names in here. So I am feeling the itch for a new plane, but want to shake it up a bit. I am an intermidiate pilot with several warbirds (E-Flite P-51, PZ F4U Corsair, Dynam Super Sportster, Dynam T-28 and FL P-38). I sport fly mostly and handle my birds very well (save my P-38 which is still giving me trouble landing consistently without bouncing, but Ive been fighting a wing warp issue causing banking tendencies). So Id like to get a slightly smaller warbird and something different while I dial in the P-38. I think a smaller plane will help me practice landings. I grease on my other planes, but they have gyros and float. In any case, I am eyeing the FL Spitfire, FL TA-152 or FL F8F-1. I want something different from my current birds that handles well and has good characteristics and flight time. I like the Spitfire the most for looks but hear it is trucky to land and take off. The F8F-1 looks fast and stable, but is all one color and may be too much like my current planes...floaty and vanilla. Still, I havent flown any of these aircraft and am looking for experienced opinions based on what you have flown. Iam reading all of the forums for each plane but appreciate direct feedback. And you may see me post this in the other plane threads to get feedback on those as well. Thanks!

Comment

• I don't find mine floaty. You have to have some throttle on her when landing like all warbirds and she lands great with 30 degrees of flaps IMHO. Some people prefer no flaps or 15 degrees, whatever, its a personal preference.
                                          Ryan had his Spitfire at NEFI and it is a great flying bird as well, but I think you're right, they are a little trickier to land with that narrow landing gear. I have the E flite spitty and that is what I'd classify as a floaty airplane. Dang thing doesn't want to quit flying!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X