Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTL, were you having issues with the 70amp ESC's?

Comment

• Beeg,, not at all. The FMS 70 amp esc's were fine. I just decided to up the amps, just to have a little more cushion!

I will use the 70 amps in other planes. Today, Karltrek flew in formation with a 1400mm P-51D with the same 4258 motor and he left the Mustang in his dust.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
        Beeg,, not at all. The FMS 70 amp esc's were fine. I just decided to up the amps, just to have a little more cushion!

I will use the 70 amps in other planes. Today, Karltrek flew in formation with a 1400mm P-51D with the same 4258 motor and he left the Mustang in his dust.

Bob
        I would certainly expect that he did with the bigger than stock prop/motor and weighing almost 2 lbs lighter than the Stang. ;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• FINALLY! I have finally maidened my Bearcat today as we had some decent weather to fly. I was nervous with the first flight but it went really well the but the second flight the cat seemed really squirrely in flight and when I landed I noticed that the flaps were slightly deployed on the during the flight. I also flew my Pandora and the flap switch is in the opposite direction from the Cat. Once I retracted the flaps on the 3rd flight it flew great and I also greased all 3 landings. What a great plane! I would liked to post some in flight pics but I was the only one at our field today.

Comment

• Congrats on your maiden+2, Mad Baron! I'm glad you like your Bearcat!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha. I got this Cat for Christmas and had to wait for some good weather and it was today. I am taking this plane to NEFI this year!

Comment

• Great, I'm taking mine as well and I would imagine quite a few of the other guys will have there's as well. We may have enough to look like a Blue Angels flight!
                This 'cat is the sweetest flying plane I've got so far!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Motion was at our Arizona Electric Festival over this weekend, and they donated a Bearcat to the pilot's raffle (among other planes). The pilot who won it showed up at the field with it built and ready to go this morning, but unfortunately the rains moved in and he did not get to fly. He was very stoked to win this. Thanks again MRC for coming to our event and for donating such wonderful raffle prizes!
                  Pat

Comment

• Hi: when balancing the bearcat, do you balance with gear up or down?. Thanks nick

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Nick7542 View Post
                        Hi: when balancing the bearcat, do you balance with gear up or down?. Thanks nick
                        I did mine with the gear down.

Comment

• To be honest, I took Ryan's word for it and flew with a 4000s all the way forward and she flew great. The only thing I kept aware of was to make sure that the blue box and the gyro were sitting at the CG point.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• did not like the blue box so put everything on Y's and flys great also...now I have to wait for the winds of spring to dye down some

Comment

• Prop/motor and ESC weekend coming up !!
                              Got the 1400mm Corsair prop, the 650 kv motor and a Mantis 85A ESC for the Bearcat and a 650kv/85A Mantis ESC for My Little Gal II. Also got the tail wheel replacement for Old Crow so we're all set for the Spring to begin!!
                              Now, if the winds would die down and the temp would come up, it would be perfect!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Got the new 650 kv and Mantis ESC in her last night along with that big Corsair prop!!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9482.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	66507Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9483.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	66508Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9484.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	66509Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9486.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	66510Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9491.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	66511Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9492.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	66512 Looks great an with the battery back a bit, it looks like a CG at 81mm, right where she was. I'm not wild about the honkin' Blue nose, so that's got to go, hey Bob, what did you used for a nose cone? Hard to tell from the pics.
                                You'd have to stand her up a fair amount to dig the prop into the ground , which is great, but this is such a great flying bird, I'm hoping she stays that way. I have to admit, that prop looks totally awesome and sooooo right!!
                                It's a pretty simple swap out, the motor mount holes have to be redrilled as it won't fit into the original holes which are positioned at 12, 6, 3 and 9. The six position will hang down below the firewall, so it has to go on in an 'x' manner. The floor board of the battery compartment comes out with four screws and its super easy to swap everything out. The only problem comes with the fake radial, you have to lose a lot of the center hub in order to get it to fit over the 650 and also allow cool air to flow, so I have a little more trimming to do
                                In the meantime, I'm just going to use a washer and nut to retain the prop rather than the big blue nose until someone gives me an alternative.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Holy Crap!!
                                  Just got all the bugs worked out of the Bearcat, nothing major had to widen the opening on the fake radial and cut a small groove into the backside of it to allow for the fins of the 650kv.
                                  Put the prop back on, straddled her and ran her up!
                                  Holy Crap!!
                                  I didn't even hit full throttle and she was screaming and the wind was unreal!!!
                                  This could be what you'd call unlimited vertical

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9493.JPG Views:	1 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	66639 prop clearance Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9494.JPG Views:	1 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	66640

as you can see is pretty good Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9495.JPG Views:	1 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	66641 you'd have to land at this angle before she'd touch her prop, which is pretty tail high. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9498.JPG Views:	1 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	66642

got rid of the dorky blue nose and just went with the straight washer and bolt, looks more stock that way.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Just paint the washer and nut black or dark blue and it will look original.

Roy B.

Comment

• Sounds good
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Well boys, got her in the air today with the 650 kv / Corsair prop, 85A ESC and a 4000 battery.
                                        The battery had to go back a bit to the end of the wooden tray to hit the cg, but Holy!!!!!!
                                        Hold on to your hats boys 'cause you ease (and I mean EASE) that throttle up and correct for torque and the cat's literally out of the bag. Boom, up in the air, gear and flaps up, 100 feet, just like that at 2/3's throttle!!
                                        The stock Bearcat is great, with this upgrade, she's amazing. Of course, I had to see what she'd do, so I opened her up and pointed it her heavenward. She was a speck before she ran out of wind!
                                        Just simply amazing!!
                                        The beautiful thing is that she doesn't lose any of her slow flight greatness either, she lands slightly heavier, but that's okay, just follow the rules and she's the dream she always was.
                                        I had Old Crow out with her, she has the same motor ESC in her so I was interesting to compare a bird that weighs a few pounds more. This is definitely the way to go for the Freewing Mustangs, puts the snap in her that we all wanted in the first place without having to sacrifice the scale fidelity of a 4 bladed prop.
                                        I'd highly recommend this mod in either plane,well worth the cents. Just don't forget to order the motor mount with the 650.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I put a retractable tail wheel in mine

Comment

Working...
                                          X