Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used this in my Dynam Hellcat and HSD Zero. It is really nice power with way more flight time. It is heavier. Makes the Dynam motor look silly small.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
      I used this in my Dynam Hellcat and HSD Zero. It is really nice power with way more flight time. It is heavier. Makes the Dynam motor look silly small.
      840Kv seems a bit much for a WACO, but they also have a 730Kv that would be an upgrade that maybe won't rip the wings off of it;-)
      Altitude Hobbies is your source for high quality, affordable remote control (RC) airplane and multi-rotor hobby products including motors, ESCs, lipo batteries, servos, adhesives, parts and more! We are a leading retailer of top brands such as Leopard, Suppo, ZTW, HobbyWing, EMAX, APC, Mercury Adhesives, and many more!

Comment

I just finished my Waco and have a comment and a question. Comment: in order to hit the 75mm CG, I am using a 4S 2300 pushed all the way up in the nose AND two of my cars shiny chrome wheel nuts in the front foam fingers of the battery compartment. Question: I can not get the cowl ring off and I am starting to do some damage pulling on it. Has anyone had this problem? The motor is VERY noisy and I would like to look at it before it explodes.

Comment

Get your fingers on the back edge of the cowl and slowly work it back and forth while pulling it forward and it will come off. The cowl is exceptionally tight at first but will get better to get off. I had the same problem when I first got mine. Good luck let me know how it works.

Roy B.

Comment

I with y'al on this plane its a great flyer could even be a good trainer. Mines heavily modified kept the yellow paint but used some left over spitfire decals From my Flightline. Used a 690kv motor from the air titian and an old 65amp ESC

Comment

I'm still having a problem removing the cowl. I have worked a credit card all the way around between the fuse and the cowl and no luck. Any suggestions?

Comment

Well being you checked for glue around the cowl, which I didn't think would be the problem use the same procedure I mentioned in the previous post but have someone hold the fuselage while you pull on the edge of the cowl. You should be able to get it off. Let me know.

Comment

Used a 2500 pro battery and still had to add a lot of weight to the cowl

Comment

Originally posted by John scobie View Post
                    Used a 2500 pro battery and still had to add a lot of weight to the cowl
                    Post #68 and #69 provide a solution to your comment. ;)

John...........Welcome to the Squawk.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks Charlie I will try a 3800 battery so I can get the dead weight out

Comment

My Dynam Waco has been sat in it’s box in my wardrobe for the last year waiting for me to build it-too many projects here unfortunately. Hopefully over winter I will get to a stage where I can finally build it-just as I clear all my backlog of repairs and new builds, I end up buying something else and consequently the Waco ends up waiting. I have an LED kit to go in it and am also interested in a prop and motor/esc upgrade too, but I’ll see how it flies first-the ESC will get changed regardless though to eliminate the “Dynam stutter”. I’m thinking of the same motor I used in my Dynam hellcat (SK3 740KV 4240) but does this plane need any more power or does it have ample out the box??

Comment

Originally posted by Builda View Post
                          My Dynam Waco has been sat in it’s box in my wardrobe for the last year waiting for me to build it-too many projects here unfortunately. Hopefully over winter I will get to a stage where I can finally build it-just as I clear all my backlog of repairs and new builds, I end up buying something else and consequently the Waco ends up waiting. I have an LED kit to go in it and am also interested in a prop and motor/esc upgrade too, but I’ll see how it flies first-the ESC will get changed regardless though to eliminate the “Dynam stutter”. I’m thinking of the same motor I used in my Dynam hellcat (SK3 740KV 4240) but does this plane need any more power or does it have ample out the box??
                          Plenty of power right out of the box ;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yeah, she's a good flyer right out of the box. I did change the ESC to a ZTW Mantis 45A, but left the Detrum motor. I changed the prop out for a wooden Xoar 13x6 and she responds very well with this setup.

Comment

That famous Dynam studder it aggravating. I noticed it the other day in P47 and I know I reset it a little while ago. Changing to a Tomcat or ZTW just may be the answer. I'm thinking of the Waco or Cirrus SR22 is my next purchase and the C188 is another. Too many to list.
                              Still Learning:D

Comment

Yeah, the stutter is annoying. That's why I changed to the ZTW 45A ESC. But, the plane is really a great flyer. If you get it, you will really enjoy it.

Comment

When I ordered my Dynam Waco last year I ordered a ZTW esc with it because of all the complaints about the Dynam esc' s. When I got the plane I was surprised to find it had a Tomcat Skylord installed. I left it as is and have had no problems.

Comment

Well at least you have a ESC on standby! I've got the Grand Cruiser V2 with Tomcat and it seems fine. I have the Dynam FW 190, Hawksky V2 with no studder all with the old ESC and the P47 is the only one with a studder.

​​​

Comment

The latest Dynam plane I bought (my beaver) didn’t have a Detrum ESC in it much to my surprise! I still swapped it out regardless as I put a reversing one in, but it’s interesting to note Dynam May finally be addressing the stutter issue. I have a MAS wooden prop to go on the Waco when I build it, and I’m going to task the local decal manufacturer (who did custom ones for my beaver) to make up the correct “Waco” decals as I don’t like the “Dynam” decals. I’m not a scale nut but I do like them to at least look good-I even have a checker decal sheet which I’m going to coat the rudder with just to be differrent.

I’ll have a look later and tell you what brand the ESC was in the beaver out of interest.

Comment

Builda, that must of still been off of an older batch. From what I'm told I think everything Dynam builds now has all the Tomcats in it. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                          Builda, that must of still been off of an older batch. From what I'm told I think everything Dynam builds now has all the Tomcats in it. Sorry to hear that.
                                          I can’t recall what brand esc it was in the beaver but it definitely was not a detrum one-I still have it, I only changed it cause I’m putting the beaver on floats so wanted a reverse function, otherwise I likely would have left it in there. I’ll have a look in the morning and see what brand it is

Comment

Working...
                                          X