Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Dynam 1270mm Waco Yellow Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Builda View Post

I can’t recall what brand esc it was in the beaver but it definitely was not a detrum one-I still have it, I only changed it cause I’m putting the beaver on floats so wanted a reverse function, otherwise I likely would have left it in there. I’ll have a look in the morning and see what brand it is
    Sorry guys, I stand corrected and must have confused it with another plane-it did have a Detrum esc in-it’s a quality one too as it rattles if I shake it

Comment

• Hey, that aint now problem. I know the Grand Cruiser V2 that I got from MRC has the new ones as well as flaps and lights wired.
      Still Learning:D

Comment

• Decisions, decisions... vacillating between the Rochobby Waco, the Rochobby Staggerwing, and the Dynam Waco. I was told by one of the guys at the RC club that the Dynam flies better than the Rochobby Waco, but I'd need to get a 4 cell charger as well as the plane if I go with the Dynam.

Amusingly, there's a seller on Amazon listing the Dynam Waco for over twice MotionRC's price, and doesn't include free shipping. I hope people are smart enough to shop beyond Amazon before buying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
          Decisions, decisions... vacillating between the Rochobby Waco, the Rochobby Staggerwing, and the Dynam Waco. I was told by one of the guys at the RC club that the Dynam flies better than the Rochobby Waco, but I'd need to get a 4 cell charger as well as the plane if I go with the Dynam.

Amusingly, there's a seller on Amazon listing the Dynam Waco for over twice MotionRC's price, and doesn't include free shipping. I hope people are smart enough to shop beyond Amazon before buying!
          Yeah unfortunately there are people who just buy off Amazon without looking around. Now going for 4s is worth the extras, and it's good to go ahead and pick up a good computer charger that will charge most anything you throw at it. The simple reason is as you grow never limit yourself with equipment that won't allow you to get bigger and better power systems. This also holds true for the radio, get a really good computer radio that you can grow with. If you don't think you will go farther than warbirds, a dx6 would be enough if you're rolling on a budget. I would also ask around, as people upgrade sometimes you can get their older radio for a good price vs new, and get something better than what you thought you could get. Good luck! I watched your video, and it was good. Can't wait to see more as you keep pushing forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            . Good luck! I watched your video, and it was good. Can't wait to see more as you keep pushing forward!
            I've been both pleased and surprised by that little keychain camera. I wasn't sure about mounting a camera on the planes, and that one was available on Amazon for under $30. It's about the size of an automobile remote fob, so less weight and drag as opposed to a GoPro. I attach it to the plane with Velcro, and it records to a micro SD card. It's not quite as easy to use as a GoPro, but if it falls off in flight, or if I crash and damage it, I'm not out much.

I did learn, last time I flew the Sensei, what happens when you don't keep track of your battery time. I did a low pass over the runway, went to pull up, and had no power for the prop. Glided right into the bushes at the end of the runway. Only real damage was to my pride, and I have since picked up a small kitchen timer to attach to the controller with some more Velcro. Of course, I already knew the only guaranteed way to never crash, is to never fly.

Comment

• Oh yes, I use to fly to LVC all the time, what I do now is set my timer to where my batteries come down with 3.8volts per cell, that being optimal storage voltage you don't have to spend time getting them to storage. I'm still playing with my timer on the tigercat, it seems to want around 8 mins on my batteries. And another thing to add to your field kit is a battery checker. That way you you can optimize your battery usage and the batteries will last longer before needing to replace.

Comment

• I picked up a battery checker already, and since I work as an electronic calibration technician, checked the readings against a trackable-standard digital voltmeter.

A checker isn't much good, if it's not accurate.

Comment

• Indeed

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk Hoomi! I have both of the Roc Hobby Waco' s and also the Dynam Waco. They are all great flyers in the Air, but the Roc Hobby Waco' s are hard to take off at times and have landing gear pants issues. The Dynam Waco however exhibits none of those problems and has a beautiful large presence in the air slow or fast and landings or touch and go's are smooth. As far as the charger I have a Hitec AC DC dual charger that charges up to 6 cells plus a lot of other features for $120.00. That should cover your needs. And by the way I upgraded the Dynam Waco's tires with 2 3/4 inch Dave Brown's, much better! Good luck and good flying.

Comment

• I have the Hitec AC/DC Pro4 and love it. I can charge 4 at a time up a 6s and never sorry that I moved up this charger. I think it is around 200 or so now, but love it. I am however trying to decide at the moment between the Dynam Waco or the Dusty C-188. Decisions, decisions!

Comment

• I just ordered the RTF version of the Dynam Waco, which includes the 4S battery and charger. I'll likely upgrade to a better battery charger eventually, but for now, the included one should be fine.

I considered the PNP version, but by the time I added a 4S 2500 battery (2200 showed out of stock) and the least expensive 4S charger, I was only about $10 less than the RTF version. For the $10 difference, might as well get the transmitter and receiver, too.

Comment

• I'm expecting the delivery of my Waco today! I'll be using the 4s 3000 battery. Do any of you use this size of battery? I have several of that size for several other planes.

Comment

• I use a 4s 3000 in my Waco but with the battery all the way forward I still need to put weight in the nose. As Ov10 said though he uses a 4s 4000 and doesn't need any weight. Your choice but the plane flies great either way. Good flying!

Comment

• According to the tracking info, mine should be here next Wednesday. I looked up some photos of the Jacobs radial engine today, with the thought of painting the engine piece. I'm also toying with the idea of skipping the included decals, and having my wife make me some custom ones on her Cricut machine.

Comment

• Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to build it and get some stick time. Super busy week and to tired at night. I did have one to tell me on a FB page that I need to cut a hole in the dummy engine to allow more air flow over the ESC. I know we have done it for many others, but just haven't seen or noticed it on here. Thanks guys, I look forward to getting it done and in the air.

Comment

• Yes, on either side of the bottom cylinders.

Comment

• Thanks Boomer, I'll certainly open it up! Thanks!

Comment

• UPS says mine should be delivered tomorrow. I watched a build video on YouTube, and opening up some airflow holes in the dummy engine was mentioned on there as well. Should be easier to do before assembly.

I've been looking for some good photos or reference on the wing rigging, to add that detail when I build it. Anyone have some good detail shots? Even the Waco Aircraft Company page doesn't have a photo that is super clear on the rigging. Lots of great photos of different Waco planes, but not much that is very helpful for that detail.

Comment

• Go Motion's website and pull up the Roc Hobby Waco. There are some good pictures with the rigging there.

Comment

• I decided to try using Oracal chrome polyester film on a prop to simulate polished aluminum. I was concerned that the adhesive may not hold up to the forces generated by the spinning prop. However, I flew my WACO with the film on the Dynam prop twice this morning and so far, it is doing fine.

It looks cool in flight when the sun hits the spinning prop. Just another option for customizing our foamies;-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X