• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    Green Acres ran from 1965 till 1971.
    Bingo!

Comment

• Brilliant Idea!

Comment

• Ok so when are you guys getting the x motor mount for the Waco in? After about 200 flights i finaly broke mine.

Comment

• The Air Hooterville Waco had her maiden flight this morning, and flew beautifully. Dang, but she's a lot more responsive on the controls than the Sensei, but I guess all that wing area, with ailerons on both wings, and larger elevator surfaces with more deflection, will do that. She pulls a pretty tight vertical loop and a fairly fast aileron roll. Flight time this morning was between 4 and 5 minutes (I'll have to check the time stamps on the video from lift-off to touch-down).

I may not get much time to edit together the maiden-flight video until this weekend, but when I've finished it and have it uploaded, I'll post the link.

All those comments about this being a sweet-flying bird were no exaggeration.

Comment

• Video is edited and uploaded!

Comment

• Good deal Hoomi! I've still got a few things I need to do to Waco to get it in the air. It's still in the box on the bench. I've had to many things going on and just went on a vacation last week. I did though get a chance to ride in a Waco. That was awesome.
              Still Learning:D

Comment

• Got in some sunset flying this evening.

Comment

• So far, with the 2200 battery, I've been setting the timer on my Tx to 5 minutes, and she seems to be landing with plenty of power still. I've also picked up a 3000 battery to use in her. Any estimates on what kind of flight times I should expect from either battery? So far, I'm not flying very aggressive - get up to a reasonable altitude, and back off on the throttle. I'll give it more juice if I'm going to do a loop, or if I need to climb out after a low pass, but mostly, I cruise at maybe half throttle.

I pushed my flight time on the Sensei once, and flew right into a bush when I didn't have any power to pull up after a low pass. I don't want to repeat that mistake with any plane, let alone the Waco.

I've posted it elsewhere on Hobbysquawk, but since this is the Dynam Waco topic, I'll put it here for easy finding.

I had to work this morning, but hopefully, conditions are good for me to get her in the air again tomorrow morning.

Comment

• From my experience with other Dynam models in the series (same motor ) I'd expect 7 to 11 min flights with LVC triggering set for 3.7v./cell on the 2200 mah 3S.

I also expect it would do fine with 3300 mah 3S.

I'd want to do a wattmeter test before sticking in a 4S, but most of the series handles 4s 3000 mah just fine. (doesn't fit in the Spitfire and very inconvenient to carve the foam to make it fit)
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• The Waco RTF comes with a 4S 2200. When I bought mine, I looked at the cost of the PNP model versus RTF, and decided I'd spend just about as much buying the recommended battery and a 4S charger, along with the PNP model, as I would just buying the RTF and getting everything.

If I fly tomorrow, I'll bump my timer up to 7 minutes for the 2200, and maybe 9 minutes for the 3000, check the battery levels after each landing, and decide if I want to adjust longer from there.

The 4S 3000 just barely fits in the Waco. If I'd gone any larger, the only way I would have made it fit was to carve out some of the compartment foam.

Comment

• I just set my ESC's LVC to where it cuts off at 3.7 to 3.8 v/cell at full throttle. After cut-off you can pull back throttle then have up to 1/2 minute of lower power (up to appx 70%) for extending the glide to make the runway.

I fly all of the 3S Dynam models I have with 4S at times and all of the 4S models with 3S in calm conditions. Makes it hard to keep it straight about which is supposed to use which ... but they all work when doing this. (except the 4S just won't fit the Spit)

Any ESC failures get replaced with Castle Thunderbird 54. (get enough Dynam models and you'll get a bad ESC occasionally) The 54 is overkill and when you update the firmware it makes a HUGE difference in the model's performance. More power AND more duration. The most recent firmware is like magic. You can update the firmware of any Castle ESC that uses the Castlelink. (includes some rather old brushed ESCs)

Comment

• I haven't yet tried to program an ESC. So far, I'm still just using whatever settings the plane comes with, and setting a timer on my Tx to let me know it's time to bring it in.

I need to learn how to do all this stuff, yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                            I haven't yet tried to program an ESC. So far, I'm still just using whatever settings the plane comes with, and setting a timer on my Tx to let me know it's time to bring it in.

I need to learn how to do all this stuff, yet.
                            An easy way you can program is to use a program card.

Comment

• I recommend the programming card.

The Dynam/Detrum card is the same as the Turnigy that looks the same.

Not all brands (or even different ESCs within one brand for some brands) are cross-compatible from one card to another. It just happens that the Turnigy and Dynam/Detrum are the same ESC with different labels.

I have about 6 different programming cards for assorted brands, including 2 different cards for one brand that changed in a way that made the new ESC incompatible with the old card. (accumulated over appx 15 years)

Comment

• Cool, that's good to know. I have both the older Dynam and Tomcat card and just got the one for Freewing.

Comment

• I just recieved my Dynam Waco and so far a big disappointment! is this the norm for Dynam or am I just the lucky one? I read that they were having problems with warped parts but thought they resolved the problem. I would hope that Dynam or Motion RC would make it right but for now I think I'll stop the build as this is not acceptable. Any thoughts? I didn't glue or screw the tail to the fuse but did glue the vertical and horizontal stabilizer. The clevieses are not connected and not the issue.

Comment

• Yikes! :Scared:

Comment

• The elevators on mine were fine. I wonder if maybe you got old stock, or if maybe it got too hot inside the truck during shipment.

My impression of MRC so far, is that they will make it right.

Comment

• I am finishing up a wrap on a Dynam WACO as a gift to a friend. This is the third Dynam WACO i have wrapped. These little biplanes are great flyers and a great canvas for anyone that enjoys customizing a foamy.

In addition to the vinyl wrap, I added LEDs from Lighthouse LEDs, a red Flytron strobe on the bottom, added some Robart wheels in place of the original pants, since we fly from grass, I also added rigging using stretch magic jewelry string.

I'd love to see more bipes about this size that fly as well as this one. (Hint, hint Alpha)

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                          I am finishing up a wrap on a Dynam WACO for as a gift to a friend. This is the third Dynam WACO i have wrapped. These little biplanes are great flyers and a great canvas for anyone that enjoys customizing a foamy.

In addition to the vinyl wrap, I added LEDs from Lighthouse LEDs, a red Flytron strobe on the bottom, added some Robart wheels in place of the original pants, since we fly from grass and added rigging using stretch magic jewelry string.

I'd love to see more bipes about this size that fly as well as this one. (Hint, hint Alpha)
                                          That looks great! He should be really surprised!

Comment

Working...
                                          X