Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wvrailfan that is spectacular I love the colors and designs!

Comment

• Finally pulled the trigger on the red version. Ran it with a 2500 Admiral shoved all the way forward, and had to add 3ozs of lead to the nose. Still seems a bit tail heavy but flys alright. Came out of the box with one aileron and one elevator broke off. Replaced with nylon hinges. The prop was way out of balance but an easy fix. Motor still makes quite a bit of noise. I was really hoping for a great flyer as everyone seems to have but I seemed to have gotten a heavy dog turd. Im going to give it a few more flights, possibly change out the prop and go with a larger battery.

Comment

• Yeah, I found the stock prop that came with it out of balance enough that I went and bought a replacement before flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
          wvrailfan that is spectacular I love the colors and designs!
          Thanks guys. Santa got a little stick time in it over the weekend.

Capt. America, I fly my WACOs using Admiral 3000 four cell and still had to add some weight to the nose. I have found most bipes tend to be tail heavy. Once you get the CG sorted out, it is a sweet flying model. You may also want to try some other props. A lot of folks, me included, have gone to a 13X6, though you will want to keep an eye on the factory ESC.

Jim

Comment

• Thanks, I have a 12x6 on it now that i balanced , I have a 12x8 that im going to try. I will look into a 13x6. Going to stuff some more lead in the nose for now as a 2500 is the biggest battery I have. Hate to throw more in it, it already has the glide slope of a brick.

Comment

• Anyone have a measurement of how much right-deflection should be on the prop? Seems when it nosed in, it compressed the right side of the motor mount enough that the motor contacted and cracked the plastic engine façade, and was still far enough over that, if I put a new façade on, it would still contact it. The motor mount still feels solid, so I can shim the prop back a bit more to how it should be.

I might need to check the up/down on the thrust line before I fly it again as well.

Comment

• Did alittle work on my red version. Swapped out the landing lights so they are now white instead of red and installed a red becon on the bottom
                . Stripped all the old decals off and repainted the fuse. Callie hooked me up with the proper decals and added a pilot. Now I just need a decent day...

Comment

• Looking good Capt. That is one of my favorite planes to fly.

Comment

• Mine is due to deliver Monday not sure why I waited so long to get one I guess other planes kept getting in the way. I’m looking forward to some nice relaxing flights with it and occasionally trying to tear up the sky with it.

Comment

• I added another ounce of lead to the nose. Calling for sunny and 42 tomorrow , heatwave in Ohio. Think I'll take it to the park. Got the CG just about on and switched to the 12x8 prop. Gives a bit more bite at lower power settings and really seems to like it. Flies a ton better now.

Comment

• Flew it today with the Rochobby Waco. Think I got the CG dialed in, had to increase the elevator throw, but its spot on now. Flies nice.

Comment

• It was 61 degrees and sunny today. Something we don't see a lot of in January here, so I had to take advantage of it. I put four batteries through the WACO.

Comment

• Nice vid, like the front cockpit cover. What did you make your flying wires out of?

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                              Nice vid, like the front cockpit cover. What did you make your flying wires out of?
                              Thanks. I use Stretch Magic, an elastic thread from the jewelry making section of my local hobby shop. They have it in .5, .7 and 1mm, I use the .7mm. It is easy to use, holds its length for a long time.

Jim

Comment

• Thanks I'll have to get some of that. I think its the same thing they use on the Rochobby Waco.

Comment

• Capt that is sweet! Them graphics set it off.
                                  Still Learning:D

Comment

• Im glad Callie does what she does, otherwise there would be a bunch of plain, ugly models out there. We cant have that.

Comment

• And she does it so danged well!

Comment

• Nice walk-around video of the real plane, for the details-nerds among us!

Comment

• For a cool $250k, but still my favorite classic bipe.

Comment

Working...
                                          X