Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last summer I dumb-thumbed my Waco into the deck. So after a year of looking at the pile-o-parts, I finally got her back together. And, I gave her the paint job I've been wanting to. Re-maiden will be next weekend. I'm still waiting for the new prop adapter which will be here on Monday. Overall I'm very happy with how she turned out, and I can't wait to get her back in the air.

Excellent graphics by Callie as usual.
    Attached Files

Comment

• She looks great Prowler! One of the better scale foam bipes out there. Always enjoy flying it.

Comment

• Thanks , TJ! yeah She's a beautiful flyer.

Comment

• Looks brand new Prowler, nice work! That's my favorite biplane to fly.

Comment

• What did you use for the glossy clearcoat, Prowler?

Comment

• Thanks, Boomer.

Hoomi, there isn't a clear coat on it yet. It is just Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Gloss Marigold. When I do clear coat it, I will use Minwax Polycrylic Gloss. I'm using that on my Tigercat and it looks really good.

Comment

• I had the P&S camera on the tripod recording video while I flew yesterday. I pulled this frame from the video of my Air Hooterville flight. I have shots of the plane in flight, but having one with both me and the plane in the same frame is a keeper. She was on final for landing in this shot.

Comment

• Great shot, Hoomi!

Comment

• So Dynam recently released a V2 of the Waco with a new 3720 800kV motor and 50A ESC. Much better punch now!

Here is my video review of the V2 for those that are interested!

Comment

• Dynam
                      WACO. 1270mm
                      1800g 40.3dm2 WL 45gms/dm2. Detrum 3720A 650kvmotor 50amp Aerostar esc. Max power on Detrum motor spec 42A 630w. CG 75mm back from top LE. With 2200mah 60c 4s 1780g. cg 75mm ok . Power req 500w/600w. 12x10tgs FF 640w 42 amp16.6v ok.
                      this is my Mk1 version, dont know what the mk 2 power is but a bit more is always welcome. You will need some patience assembling and setting up as glue was sparse on mine and I had to straighten a few panels with weights and re glue the cf rods in the wings. I also replaced the hinges with hinge pinned nylon and added extra magnets to the hatch after adjusting the magnet fit. I have had this plane for a couple of years and its a great lazy day flyer in the setting sun. I also used a couple of cf sticks to grip the hatch.

Comment

• Photos to accompany my last post above

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181010_093946[1].jpg
Views:	323
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	291851

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181010_093918_4CS[1].jpg
Views:	291
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	291852