X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Dynam 1270mm Waco Yellow Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce the release of the Dynam Waco Yellow Bi-plane. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this iconic aircraft.
    Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I was at a swap meet yesterday and there were two of these for sale. The lesser expensive one had a bit of hangar rash on it and wasn't as nice looking as the more expensive on. I bought the more expensive one with a spare prop for $100, I think I did alright. :)

The manual calls for 2200mAh batteries, all of my 4S batteries are 3600's so I plan on using them. From what I've read it's a nice flying plane. Looking forward to getting airborne.

I like that the owner didn't put the Dynam logo on the plane, to me that just ruins the looks.

Comment

I have had mine a couple of years now and really enjoy it.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

But Crashing is Landing

Comment

That one has been on my list for a while now. Where did you pick up the Snoop Dog? (Like it)

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          I was at a swap meet yesterday and there were two of these for sale. The lesser expensive one had a bit of hangar rash on it and wasn't as nice looking as the more expensive on. I bought the more expensive one with a spare prop for $100, I think I did alright. :)

The manual calls for 2200mAh batteries, all of my 4S batteries are 3600's so I plan on using them. From what I've read it's a nice flying plane. Looking forward to getting airborne.

I like that the owner didn't put the Dynam logo on the plane, to me that just ruins the looks.
          DK........Nice catch !! I'm always looking for the deals also. You will have no issue using that 3600. I've been flying mine for 3 years now using nothing but 4000's
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I really enjoyed my Dynam Waco. I thought I would like the Tiger Moth even more, but the undercarriage kept giving me fits and I didn't like the factory rigging. Replacing it with thread was much easier. Overall, the Waco is not a bad Dynam plane to start with. It has good stock power, can fit a larger battery like OV10 said, and is still easily transportable for a biplane its size. The FMS 1400mm Pitts is a fantastic performing biplane as well, but it requires 6s and its wingspan makes it difficult for me to transport it without having to remove the undercarriage.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Great find dkalwishky!! I wish there were swap meets like that around here. The closest I can get to that is the consignment sales at the LHS. I had the Pitts Python by Dynam, and I absolutely loved it. It was one of the best flying planes I had at the time I had it. I was doing inverted figure 8's, rudder only, about 5 feet off the deck, and put it in. I still have it, and it can be resurrected, I just haven't done it....YET!!! Let us know how you like the Waco!!

Comment

It could be a few months before I fly it, darn Iowa winter (I know, I say that a lot). Our field has a club house with a small heater, if we get a sunny day and the temp hit's 30 I may go out there provided the ground is still frozen.

Comment

You will really like this bird. I'm on my second one now. My first one had well over 300 flights on it when it met it's expiration date. I use 3300 mah batts in mine and it doesn't fly heavy at all. I don't care much for the stock prop. I use APC 12x6 or 13X6 props as they seem to give better performance. Have fun with it!

Comment

Originally posted by SfC Wade View Post
                    That one has been on my list for a while now. Where did you pick up the Snoop Dog? (Like it)
                    I think I just searched the internet for it . Took some time because most of what I found were glass or porcelain . It didn't have a scarf so my wife some cloth and cut a strip then I glued it on

Bryan
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

My WACOs are my "go to" planes for fun, no stress flying. The WACO is one plane I would have to replace if something happened to it.

You will enjoy your WACO.

This is "Late Summer Ride" by James Butler on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

I LOVE the Pepsi scheme!

Comment

I just bought the red & white Rochobby Waco to paint deep red and black. Next, the Dynam Waco, since it is larger. Can't have too many Waco's. That was a nice find, dkalwishky! Doc

Comment

Just ordered the Dynam Waco...couldn't stand the wait!!!! Thanks, dkalwisky. your to blame!:Cool:Doc

Comment

Since you live in NM you'll fly before me, we had 2" of snow overnight. Friday and then for next week temps will be in the high 40's to high 50's. Iowa is bipolar!

Post an update once you fly and let me know how it goes.

Comment

Yep I loved my little Waco...Nice scale appeal and an easy, fun flyer. Believe it or not I somehow got it into the most incredible 3D maneuver I have ever had with any model and it was all sheer dumb luck. It was really windy and I was with my buddy going for a last flight. Somehow I got it into an inverted 360 degree flat spin that sustained itself for a good 5 or 6 rotations at a similar altitude...It was incredible, and to have it happen with the Dynam Waco made it pretty hilarious! Of course as Murphy's Law would have it, there was no video recording of it, but hey, at least I had a witness!

:Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

This will be my next plane for sure.The wife may have different ideas but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Comment

I know that at some point, I'll get one too. I've eyeballed it since Bryan got his a few years ago now!
                                    I opted for the RocHobby Waco and had some adventures with her. She's retired now as the cabanes are very brittle and the attachment points just didn't hold up. Last flight she was flying beautifully until one of the cabanes snapped and she spiralled in. Thought I'd lost her, but she's the proverbial cat with nine lives and landed in the middle of a sage brush with surprisingly little damage!
                                    So, her and Ol' Weedwacker get the place of honor hanging from the ceiling.
                                    I like the idea that the Dynam is bigger and the cabanes are aluminum, so she'll stand up a bit better. I think it was Bryan who lost the motor at one point, and still landed her in one (well, two ) piece.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Aros... Yeah, I'm trying to get into a flat inverted spin on purpose also. So far, mostly by accident. Doc

Comment

decalwishky... I fly at 7000 ft. Bets are on, you'll be flying before I can. We have actually had snow in May. And, the wind, the wind, the wind!!!! D**N the wind! Doc

Comment

Working...
                                        X