• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Well I Did it. This plane has been on my mind for so long. Just got tired looking at in on the screen so I hit the enter key ...3 days ago and it is here. Motion RC in Motion!!!!

Comment

After you get her in the air, you'll wonder why you waited so long. A truely great flying plane.

Just make sure that if your tail surfaces come warped, as some do, use the technique in post 32 above before you install them. Also, the stock LEDs are very dim, so not worth the effort to hook them up.

The plane is powered well and has no bad habits. It has a very wide flight envelope. It lands slow. I fly from a fairly close cut grass field and have not felt the need to remove the wheel pants. If flying from a simular type surface, just keep a little power on touch down and pull a little elevator to keep the tail down.

I'm on my second one. My first one had around 300 flights on it and met with a dumb thumb incident. Immediately replaced it. There are probably over 100 flights on the new one already. It tends to be my grab and go plane. It's that much fun to fly and looks great too.

Comment

TJ,
          On a get together at your field or mine we'll have to do a little Waco formation flying.
          I was one of the drum beaters a couple years ago in convincing MRC to carry this bird and initial buyer when they did.
          Still am flying it frequent and hard whereas my Charlie n Snoopy (now Woodstock) have a blank stare of delight :) or fright :Scared:
          ps......Snoopy bailed for his own plane when I did the DTFB Fokker DR-1 ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yea I love my dynam waco I use a 3600 and a 4000 both do it justice. My cousin put in his Mrrcsound card and 2 transducers that is wicked cool. This plane is so much nicer then the roc version. I will admit that one uses a 3's lipo and is faster over all but the stability the heavier winds the dyanm can handle put the roc to shame.. This is one of most dependable flying plane its always ready to go very dependable.

Comment

The Waco is one of many on my future to own list. Long list
              Still Learning:D

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                In a crazy series of weather I'll be maidening tomorrow. It hit 75 today in Iowa.
                Dk I see theres a Jet rally coming soon to Ottumwa. It being in Aug. there shouldn't be any problems. That would be good event to attend. We have on here in NC this month and I'm hoping to go to it and see all the cool things there. We have a couple of guys in our club that has turbines.

Comment

I plan on going to the Ottumwa event. I missed it last year.

Comment

I'm sure it will a good one. It's been a long time since I was last out that way.

Comment

I converted mine to a UPF-7 Navy trainer in the exact scheme my Dad soloed in at Ball State University in the VF-5 program.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

QB.........that Spark's radial looks pretty awesome on there. How about a quartering frontal shot of that for a better look see :Cool:That fourth pic just wet my whistle ;)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Great job QB, Hopefully your Dad is still here to appreciate it. Cool to see vet's eyes light up!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

I found more pictures. Building the motor was time consuming, but very rewarding. The plane as suffered two nose overs in the last two years and I only lost a couple of metal pushrods off the motor. I used piano wire instead of the plastic ones in the kit. I always planned to put a sound system in the plane, but the Esse system still sits on my bench.

Comment

SWEET :Cool:...............and now PEX has been added to my arsenal of modding materials ;)
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                Great job QB, Hopefully your Dad is still here to appreciate it. Cool to see vet's eyes light up!!

Grossman56
                                Unfortunately, he passed in 2007. I have pondered what he might have thought as the picture of him in that plane sat prominently in his office for most of my life and now hangs in mine. The plane "53" didn't fair as well as my dad. My father said "that before he finished the V-5 program the plane apparently spun in and killed the instructor and student, both whom he did not know." He said he "past it going down the road on the back of a flat bed truck smashed to smithereens." He later transferred to Norman, OK to finish basic flight school in PT-17s. I used his flight book to actually find a guy in Chicago who owns one of the planes he flew in Norman. My goal is to eventually model that one too. Luckily, my dad never saw combat. He got washed out of flight school due to the Navy determining that they no longer were going to need so many pilots. He took it well, and got reassigned to a machinist mate 5 Class at Alameda Naval Air Station the safest island in the Pacific and was really close to home. Most guys never got that. My dad's best friend from High School Ralph Hofer became and Ace in the 4th fighter group, but was killed on the Russia shuttle mission.

Comment

Well, you are definitely doing it for all the right reasons my friend, great job!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Even going on four years old with well over 200 flights on them, my WACOs are still my "go to" planes for just having a relaxing time in the air. Took a WACO to the field yesterday, it never fails to please.

Comment

Nice WV.

Comment

Anyone know on the new red Waco by dynam has it been upgraded with better accessories i.e. The control horns, carbides and those tiny tiny screws an nuts for the cabanas I had the yellow version flew great bits those accessory items were terrible. Thanks. Tom

Comment

Hi tbnil, as far as I'm aware, the new red Waco is simply a repaint based on customer request. The control horns are standard for all Dynams, and they haven't changed. I just the model at the factory here yesterday but I didn't take too close of a look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170626_151807.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	83881
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X