Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great flyer, though. My second favorite Dynam biplane, behind the Pitts. We're always making more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170627_112127.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	83883

Name:	IMG_20170627_111731.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	83884

Name:	IMG_20170629_114009.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	83885
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Has Dynam figured out how to prevent the tail feathers from warping in the box during shipping?

Comment

I just received my Dynam Waco the other day and the tail feathers were in a separate box and were not warped at all nor were the wings which also had there own boxes. They also upgraded the lighting which have all plugs attached and have a lighting controller they plug into. Last but not least it comes with a Skylord Tomcat 40 amp esc. So that explained the 10.00 increase in price,I can live with that. I've got three coats of gloss Varathane on it and it looks good. I'll get it assembled and maiden it in the next few days.

Roy B.

Comment

Glue the tail on.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            Glue the tail on.
            I take it you know that from experience? :) Thanks for the advice TI.

ROY B.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

I take it you know that from experience? :) Thanks for the advice TI.

ROY B.
              Yes, the provided screws barely catch the vertical, when I maidened mine the whole tail assembly blew off on the second circuit...minimal damage but still could have been avoided by adding glue.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I purchased my Waco a few months ago before the upgraded lights. I added upgraded landing lights. Stock was red. Why?. I also added rigging and three coats of clear. This is such a fun and stress free Bi-plane to fly. Has plenty of punch. Here's a couple of pics and an onboard camera flight.

Comment

Has anyone had trouble balancing the Waco at the 70-75mm point as recommended? I'm using a 4 cell 3000 man 30c lipo and on my GP balancer at 70mm it's fairly tail heavy at 75 it's slightly tail heavy. Now this is all done with the lipo all the way forward. I found 80mm to balance level. My other choice would be to add nose weight for the recommended cg but I hate dead weight. Thanks for any input guys.

Roy B.

Comment

Don't add dead weight.....just go with a 3600 or 4000(more flight time) and no weight required. I use the 4000 and had to add about 5 clicks of up elevator
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks Warbird, that was my next choice.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                        Has anyone had trouble balancing the Waco at the 70-75mm point as recommended? I'm using a 4 cell 3000 man 30c lipo and on my GP balancer at 70mm it's fairly tail heavy at 75 it's slightly tail heavy. Now this is all done with the lipo all the way forward. I found 80mm to balance level. My other choice would be to add nose weight for the recommended cg but I hate dead weight. Thanks for any input guys.

Roy B.
                        If I remember right around 84 mm is the preferred cg point on the Waco. I fly mine with 4s-4200 packs at 84mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas W View Post

If I remember right around 84 mm is the preferred cg point on the Waco. I fly mine with 4s-4200 packs at 84mm.
                          Thanks Thomas I'll give it a try.

Comment

I finally maidened my Waco. It flew beautifully with a 4s, 2200. Lands like a dream! I'm going to try a larger battery. Dynam got this one right! Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                              I finally maidened my Waco. It flew beautifully with a 4s, 2200. Lands like a dream! I'm going to try a larger battery. Dynam got this one right! Doc
                              So surprised that it took you 4 years to jump on the Waco train ;)
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yeah, I know. I love the Stearman, Tiger moth, Jungmeister...especially (why is there no model of it?!!!) Oh... and the P-6E hawk... Oh Yes!, and last but not least the Waco! OH!!!...the taper wing Waco. What a beauty! Doc

Comment

Congrats Doc! I'm still waiting for some decent weather to maiden mine. Between rain and high gusting cross winds here in Chicago it's hard, but after flying both my Roc Hobby Wacos it should be just bigger and more beautiful to fly. Good flying Doc!:Cool:

Roy B.

Comment

Thanks...Back at ya. Doc

Comment

I'm flying the Admiral 4S 3600 in mine. I love the way this plane flies.

Comment

I finally got to maiden mine the other day. I flew it with 3000 4s with 1 3/4 ounces in the nose and it was slightly tail heavy but flew well. I flew again the next day and added a 1/2 ounce more of lead the night before and it looked good on the cg machine with the battery all the way forward. Well t h e next day it flew beautifully it seemed locked in. It took off and landed perfectly. Going to love flying this plane.:)

Comment

Has anyone here replaced the Dynam 650Kv motor with something else?

After a few hundred flights my WACO is starting to come down much warmer that in the past. I am guessing the motor is wearing out so I am starting to think about replacing it.

I don't mind just getting a new replacement Dynam motor from Motion RC, but was curious about what others may have used.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                          X