You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still asking around for anyone having either the kit or a surviving wing. Sooner or later something will come of it. Do you have the scale blueprints of the wing spars and all that? Someone could scratch build a wing from that. We have some very skilled builders in the community. Why don't you submit a picture of it to the AMA magazine explaining the predicament. The more it's out there, the better the chance of finding an answer. Don't give up Todd!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Grossman! I appreciate your words of encouragement. I do not have any blueprints. She's so darn close, just needs a new wing...I'll keep searching.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• We've got our annual swap meet coming up in March, I'll do some digging.
        Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          We've got our annual swap meet coming up in March, I'll do some digging.
          Grossman56
          That means a lot, thank you sincerely fine sir.
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey Aros. Been a long time since I have been in the community. Have had some really bad heath and medical problems. As a matter of fact I haven't touched any of my planes for 2 and a half years.
            Your build on this plane has been really close to my ❤️ . When I finally come on tonight after so long and read what happened l was absolutely sick. I am so sorry about this. I to love the Corsair. I still have 3. None the size of that plane but all are still loved . Funny , my handle at my club is Corsair Jockey. PLEASE except my condolences and keep your head up. Something good I hope will come your way.
            Dewey l

Comment

• Thank you so much for your kind words Dewey H Lee. Yes it was a real gut punch spending around $4,000 on an ARF that never got off the ground. A buddy of mine was able to part out the electronics and fuse for $1,500 so at least I got a small percentage back which is better than no percentage at all, sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Oh well. Lesson learned. I will never buy a "used ARF" from anyone ever again. Any giant scale ARF I purchase will be New In Box. Maybe one day I can be lucky enough to buy a CARF Corsair with a Moki radial. Dream big, right? I am currently having someone I trust build me the giant scale Phoenix Stuka, which I bought brand new. So no crazy wing situation where it is being dragged down with ridiculous weight.

More importantly than all this is that I am sorry to hear about your medical/health issues. I sure hope you are on the upswing to better health fellow Corsair Connoisseur!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
              X