Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to hear it's back on track. Sounds like Ed's the right choice. Maybe that butt-clinching maiden of a super scale big bird might happen this spring or early summer:Cool:LOL.

Comment

• Aaaaackkk! Don't remind me of that part! :Scared: LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Delivered all the parts to Ed today. I can tell by his comments that it is in very capable hands! He says the entire build (including cockpit install and rolling canopy) will be complete by this Summer. Be still my beating heart. Thanks Ed!! :Cool: :Cool:
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Delivered all the parts to Ed today. I can tell by his comments that it is in very capable hands! He says the entire build (including cockpit install and rolling canopy) will be complete by this Summer. Be still my beating heart. Thanks Ed!! :Cool: :Cool:
          Hey Todd, so glad to hear you have found a capable guy to finish up the "queen". Be sure to let Ed know that if he has any questions or needs an explanation that I can help with, I will be glad to throw in. :Cool:Got to be hard to step in at this late stage.

Comment

• Thanks Brad! Sometimes life can be so serendipitous ya know? Looking for a new builder and it turns out he's a co-worker who lives 15 minutes from me! :Cool: :Cool: :Cool:
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks Brad! Sometimes life can be so serendipitous ya know? Looking for a new builder and it turns out he's a co-worker who lives 15 minutes from me! :Cool: :Cool: :Cool:
              That really is unbelievable my friend.:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Ed had the state of mind to steer me away from the Admiral 10 channel RX I was planning on using...No offense to Admirals, they truly are great receivers but for something of this size and magnitude he rightfully talked me into a Spektrum AR12310T PowerSafe rx. I will be adding my Demon Cortex gyro as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rx.PNG
Views:	670
Size:	784.3 KB
ID:	180001
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yeah, I think that's what I've got on the P-38. It wasn't cheap but hey! It's a large investment right?

Comment

• Exactly! The Admirals are great for the Freewing/FlightLine models, and I am sure they would be fine in giant scale too but with the investment you want to spare no expense when it comes to the radio and receiver communications for sure!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Exactly! The Admirals are great for the Freewing/FlightLine models, and I am sure they would be fine in giant scale too but with the investment you want to spare no expense when it comes to the radio and receiver communications for sure!
                      I'm thinking your peace of mind reassurance is not from the Tx/Rx comms but more so the power safe aspect.;)
                      I lost 2 really expensive birds to those now discontinued Spektrum AR8000 :Poo: :P
                      That's when I basically moved on to Lemon and never once an issue nor looked back.
                      I may seriously look at the AR12310T though when I do the 10S powered ESM Tigercat later this year that's been on hold since the inferno.
                      That is if Spektrum has corrected the problem that forced a product recall on all power safe Rx.
                      When the voltages get that high its the power systems that are the anomaly drivers and generally not the comms.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Correct, the power systems are the focus in this rx switch for sure. Whoa, I didn't know about that recall. It doesn't mention the AR12310T specifically but that's definitely something for me to research. Thanks for letting me know...
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I see that it is due early March 2019..........gonna guess that is the V2 of the 12300 :Thinking:
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey Todd, any new progress to report on the "Queen"?

Comment

• Nothing yet...I will touch base with Ed tomorrow...I know he said he had one or two builds in front of it but was still confident it would be ready sometime in the Summer.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Something to add on to these awesome AR12310T power safe receivers. Great performance for larger scale models. Being a power safe model receiver, I had used this on a Roban A10 Warthog. I had 2 Spektrum voltage regulators with automatic switching capabilities. Both had a Pulse 2S 2550mah powerpack. This assured me of any brown outs that might occur on longer flight durations - nitros- gas or electrics.

Comment

• Good info Ed! Thanks!

He is going to be finishing up the wing (I assume the gear doors) starting this weekend...Let the games begin! :Cool:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

He is going to be finishing up the wing (I assume the gear doors) starting this weekend...Let the games begin! :Cool:
                                    Hopefully, he's not too far from you. Would be a great opportunity to watch the process and add to the skill set. The time I spent working with those that came before me, in the hobby, was invaluable.

Comment

• So....25 days later, what's the latest with the Queen? Happy to say the Go Buggy is headed my way. Gulp!

Comment

• Hey Brad, I can't wait to see the Go Buggy in Friday Harbor where she belongs and its continued progress!

Last I spoke to Ed he said he was working on the wing a couple weekends back...I have been so busy with work and family stuff I haven't really touched base with him recently.

Hopefully no news is good news!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hey Brad, I can't wait to see the Go Buggy in Friday Harbor where she belongs and its continued progress!

Last I spoke to Ed he said he was working on the wing a couple weekends back...I have been so busy with work and family stuff I haven't really touched base with him recently.

Hopefully no news is good news!
                                          Yes, my fingers are turning blue from being crossed so long. Florian, our point to point guy is now in Florida. He sent me a couple of pictures of the box strapped to the ceiling of his truck but I couldn't open them. I asked him to send them to my email address. This was just to calm my nerves. Anyway, I hope Ed is diligently working on the Queen.:Cool:At least he's here rather than the East coast.;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X