• Show
Clear All

• Yes, yes indeed

Comment

• How the work going?

Comment

• Originally posted by JFandL View Post
        How the work going?
        Good morning. Had a couple days of feeling really rotten. Just no energy and lots of joint pain... I went to bed early (2045) last night. Just got up at 0830, so I am looking forward to a good day today. I do feel better!!! Thank you Lord!! :Cool: Having coffee and warming up the soldering iron... Hoping to test fly (in primer, of course) on the 6th of August! That will leave a month and 10 days for paint and detailing before leaving for the airshow!!!

Comment

• I haven't been idle though... Been getting all the little detail parts together. Unboxing servos and extensions, programming the radio, finding the correct CG, stuff like that. It all has to be done!!! ;):)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            Good morning. I do feel better!!! Thank you Lord!! :Cool: Having coffee and warming up the soldering iron...
            Hrdwy, Glad to read you're doing better; having mo' coffee myself and thinking about pulling the Phantom out of the box. Check in on you later during my rounds. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks!!!! :):)

Comment

• Glad you're back brother I almost launched a search and rescue mission for ya!LOL

Comment

• Still here.... Just turned the transponder off..... LOL Thanks!!!

Comment

• Haha! Indeed we all need to do that from time to time lol

Comment

• Good to start the day with a laugh!!! Pushing for the test flight deadline.... :Cool:

Comment

• As Van Halen would say, might as well Jump! Lol

Comment

• Glad your back and feeling better!!!!

Comment

• I am doing all the wiring in this bird, so the pics are boring... I am taking a break now and working on fitting my top turret gunner in place. Then tomorrow I send the crew to get a paint job by
                            AkumaZeto.
                            I will post pics of the wiring stuff too. Just later. Right now, off to the Dremel tool... :Cool:

Comment

• This is the top turret from the Giant LX B-25. And my gunner, unmodified....

Comment

• After cutting the turret floor and the gunner's proflie to fit... I think it will be worth it to have a top turret gunner visible on the model... :Cool:

Comment

• Just misc. stuff here. The first one is a pic of the battle damage from 2008 that I had to patch on this version for 2018! The other is a pic I took from inside Nine O Nine in Houston, TX at Ellington Field in 2005, I think...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    After cutting the turret floor and the gunner's profile to fit... I think it will be worth it to have a top turret gunner visible on the model...: Cool:
                                    HRDWY, If he isn't there, it would be a dereliction of his duty, sir. Besides the pilots have to have somebody to yell at besides each other. Best, LB:Smoking:
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LOL Roger!!!!

Comment

• Yes it would, AWOL from post

Comment

• Actually, it would have been common to have the turrets unmanned for take-off, landing and while flying in safe areas.

Especially the belly turret.. unsafe to be in it for take-off or landing. and why hang a guy upside down longer than needed?
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X