Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightLine Fw 190 D-9 Dora 850mm (33") Wingspan - Official Thread

Fw 190 D-9 Dora 850mm (33") Wingspan - PNP from FlightLine

Motion RC and FlightLine are pleased to offer the next in our line of Pocket Warbird Series, the Fw-190 D-9 Dora. Like the first in the series, the P-51D Mustang, the Dora can be flown on both 3S and 4S LiPo batteries. With a wide flight envelope from 3S slow and stable to high adrenaline yank and bank on 4S, the Dora will surely check off a lot of boxes for RC pilots. Simply underhand toss and boss and land on grass with confidence due to the skid-proof underside covering. Easy to transport and easy on the wallet, make the Dora one of your models you can't leave behind when headed to the flying field.

Check out the Product Video Here:

Flight review video:

Assembly Video:

FEATURES:
    • Compatible with both 3S and 4S LiPo batteries without any modifications
    • 60+ mph with 3S LiPo battery
    • 80+ mph with 4S LiPo battery
    • Gyro-ready
    • Beginner-friendly wing loading
    • Upgrade-friendly components and layout
    • Durable structural enhancements
    • Skid-proof underside covering
    • Screw-on one-piece wing
    INCLUDES:
    • FlightLine Fw 190 D-9 Dora 850mm (33") Wingspan - PNP
    • Motor, ESC and servos pre-installed
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 1 HOUR
    Model Scale 1/12 Scale
    Wingspan 850mm / 33.5in
    Length 820mm /32.3in
    Empty Weight 540g / 19.04oz (w/o battery)
    CG (Center of Gravity) 67mm (2.63") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System 3S-4S 2836-950kV Brushless Outrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 30A, XT60 Connector
    Propeller / EDF 9x6 2-Blade Propeller
    Servos 9g plastic gear standard with 300mm lead : left aileron, right aileron
    9g plastic gear standard with 200mm lead : elevator
    Landing Gear None
    Required Battery 3S 11.1V 1600mAh to 4S 14.8V 2200mAh LiPo with XT60 connector (required)
    Required Radio 4 Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder No
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon Reinforced
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    Attached Files

reserved for media

Comment

I really like these 850mm sized aircraft and hope more models are added. I can see this and the P-51 chasing each other across the sky! Just need a Spitfire for some Battle of Britain action.

Comment

If you need help programming the ESC (Throttle calibration and air brake mostly) use this video:

Comment

Excited. Preordered this morning.

Wish that it had a rudder though.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

Pre-order done! Will add the rudder and have some fun with the German camo too! :Cool:

Comment

I would like a rudder provision and it would be totally on point. Watching the video, it pains me to see planes dropping off and skidding around turns with the yank and bank setup. Kills the realism for me. Otherwise looks absolutely awesome!:Cool:

Comment

Agree on the rudder. Even if the end user needed to add the hinges, servo, horns, and rod.

Comment

There wasn't enough space the way the molds are laid out to do our rudder trick we did with the P-51D. On the Dora it would be much more involved since there's much less space back there and the way the geometry works out. I'm sure intrepid DIY'ers can figure it out if they really want to add it. But none of the 64mm EDFs or sub 1000mm birds have stock rudders. Leaves something for the scale aficionados to do.

The main mission of our Parkjet class and Pocket Warbird class is to get beginners flying with lightweight planes, cheap batteries, and long flight times (8-10 mins in this Dora as James said with the right battery and throttle management). I prefer this size for customization and painting compared to the bigger birds, because their smaller size means I can finish a complete repaint and detail job in a single evening, and the model is small enough to hang on the wall behind me (you should see my office right now!).

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02998.JPG
Views:	4895
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	196777
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I love planes of this size! The 33"-44" planes running 3S 2200's are easy to transport, easy to store, great for hand launching and belly landing, affordable, and easy to customize with weathering, paint, and decals. The detail of the bigger planes is incredible, but the size and cost make them harder to get into. I keep hoping for a Spitfire since I missed out on the old Parkzone one and nobody makes a hand launch/park flyer sized Spitfire.

Comment

Could do a staggered servo arrangement or run them in tandem rear one standing a little taller than the other. Plenty of options for sure.

Comment

I'll be tempted to paint the bottom of my Dora in JV44 red/white stripes.

A rudder isn't a do or die for me in this size of warbird, although it is big enough to benefit from one. I try to make myself fly my warbirds with the rudder. Having one without a rudder may make me lazy again. LOL
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

Reading my mind OX!!! LOL :Cool:

Comment

Nice! Now all those little Mustangs will have a reason to fly fast with these little beasties on their tail:)LOL.

Comment

We contemplated the striped belly version, but it was too difficult to execute for the target price point. Paint mold, masks, bleed, etc. But I knew at least a handful of you would tackle a custom painted version yourselves. It certainly increases contrast and visibility in the sky! I read that the reason why this plane was painted like this was because at that point in the war the Allies had essentially secured air superiority over most of Germany, so German AAA gunners were apt to fire at any fighter they saw. The red and white stripes were a clear sign that this was a friendly overhead.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Roger that!!! They also would fly cover for the ME-262's as they set up to land. At that point in their flight envelope, they were sitting ducks for the P-51D's, so the Doras tried to give them some backup. And the stripes said loudly "Nicht schießen" ;) Nice bird Alpha! I need to finish the P-51

Comment

I have three on pre-order now... I think that is a record for me!!! F-18 BA, F-35, and the D9.... :)

Comment

Those stripes are great for orientation - I painted my FW Lippich like that.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lipp2.jpg
Views:	4063
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	196849

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                      I have three on pre-order now... I think that is a record for me!!! F-18 BA, F-35, and the D9.... :)
                                      Awesome, I think that's a record for us too ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        Roger that!!! They also would fly cover for the ME-262's as they set up to land. At that point in their flight envelope, they were sitting ducks for the P-51D's, so the Doras tried to give them some backup. And the stripes said loudly "Nicht schießen" ;) Nice bird Alpha! I need to finish the P-51
                                        Yep. JV44 was flying Me-262s in Galland's Circus and Doras were providing takeoff and landing CAP. P-47s and P-51s loved to catch the 262s during takeoff and landing. Since the Doras were just flying over the base, it was safest to paint their bellies in bold colors.

My buddy who has a Park Warbird P-51 has already challenged me to a duel over our airfield. Who knows, we may go full contact. That's be something on 4S at WOT. :)
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                        X