Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see that there is an aluminium case available from Motion for this model. Has anyone here purchased it? They cannot provide the interior dimensions and are out of stock. Would love to use this for a Burke destroyer I have and the size looks close. Can somebody give me those dimensions if they have the case?

Comment

• Originally posted by salvine View Post
      I see that there is an aluminium case available from Motion for this model. Has anyone here purchased it? They cannot provide the interior dimensions and are out of stock. Would love to use this for a Burke destroyer I have and the size looks close. Can somebody give me those dimensions if they have the case?
      First not sure if the Burke will fit the Fletcher box but it probably would. If anything one of the 1/200 Yamato box might fit better as they are wider and the Fletcher box is narrower.
      I didn't get the one for the Fletcher but I did swing for one for a Yamato as I had to do multiple moves and it's much more fragile. The case was the exact same dimensions as the cardboard box the ship arrived in. It doesn't come with any foam but the inside is lined with a felt like material that is soft.
      Not sure if the Burke will fit a Fletcher box.
      I was able to shift the foam from the box straight over to the Case with no adjustments whatsoever. But then I knew I was going to have to re-box and move both so I saved all of it and marked it while taking pics so I could do so. If you need pics to re-assemble I may be able to supply them. But would have to look to see if I can find where I put them. (ship's in storage in another state at the moment as I'm changing careers)
      Here is a Fletcher box next to a Yamato box and each ship on top of the Yamato box.

Burke is 43in rounded up for good measure
      Yammy is 52in and is much wider than the Fletcher. Though the box is only 4-5in wider.
      That Burk would need a LOT of padding on the ends and not get as much on the sides in a Flecher case. She'd probably fit and pad out fine with room for any extras you want to take with.. But I'd actually recommend the Yammy one.
      That is unless you want to put an entire kit off one end. Though that might not be a bad Idea. Box for batteries, different controller, maybe a small launching rig or fold-able stand.
      Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200918_192511.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	363767Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_152427.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	363768Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_103547.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	363769

Comment

• Thanks, My Burke is not the Bancroft. It's much larger. Approx 64 inches. The largest case motion sells is for the Fletcher unless they start selling one for the Missouri. Thats why I am looking for actual measurements for the Fletcher box.

Comment

• Ok sorry wasn't much help. If anyone still has their cardboard box the aluminum should be the same. I wont be in the same State as mine until beginning of Feb otherwise I'd tell ya. Outta curiosity is She a Arkmodel Flight IIA? and can I beg picks... I keep drooling over those and their CG offering though Id be forced to re-paint the CG and adjust the antenna's on the mast to match a different ship (would want to depict one I'd served on)

Comment

• Yes, it's an Arkmodel. I have been reworking some things on it. Most of the scale stuff is pretty good. I replaced the three illuminators with parts from shapeways and am adding a rear CWIS. The ordering process is a bit weird so be warned. I wanted the ship to have the deluxe lighting package and to include the aluminum case which they offer. I sent them an offer price with a little discount for the package and got a response right away that they would add the lights and get it ready to ship. Iwas pretty excited that they went for it so I paypaled the money and about t=a week later got a shipping confirmation email. DHL express no less. Arrived about 7 days later but to my surprise the metal case was not included and my deluxe light package only included the two nav lights and the bridge. OK....I contacted them and they let me know I did not pay for those items... I directed them to my email listing out what I was ordering but as you can guess they were less than helpful. Lots of emails later I finally opened a case with Paypal and was able to get back a few hundred dollars. Maybe now you can order from a real website like Motion. Nice model none the less and a good start if you want to add more detail. I do wish they did not sell the version with the remote mine sys. My understanding is that all those ships had it removed. I may remove it on mine at some point. I also added brass props. Th originals were some type of gold painted resin. I'll try to get some pic up. BTW Revell makes a nice helo kit in 1/100 so it looks very good on the deck. This link has pretty good picshttps://arkmodel-shop.com/products/a...ps-scale-model

Here is a link to another site I posted on. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ure-%28long%29

Comment

• Awesome job salvine I bought my propellers from harbor models.com my fletcher class destroyer battle ship I built a pine box and some time later in the years I bought a. Garden wagon cut it in half reinforced it with steel square beams Then I drilled the holes I’ll post a picture of it in a couple of seconds

Comment

• Slavin here is my caddy I built for my fletcher class destroyer battle ship
                Attached Files

Comment

• I forgot the name of to whom I’m responding to but this goes out to all echo airplane boat etc just thought I’d give you a good laugh I also own a 64 mm electric ducted fan f 15 eagle but I told someone I bought the real f15 eagle but I showed her the flight manual and got her hook line and sinker but she was so tired she thought I was for real but when she read the economic manual of my f15 she called me a goofball which I always am but I haven’t gotten to flying status yet I just got out of debtors village lease so soon I’ll be able to get my f 15 eagle ready for flight status

Comment

• Thank you salvine​ I was on the Momsen when they "removed" the mine hunting launcher. Pretty much what was done on the real thing was bolt/weld a giant metal plate over things and I'm betting they did the same with the rest of them. So just put a flat plate over the opening if you do it with some magnets you can probably even set it up so you can depict it on or off. Usually it was covered over by a mesh screen you could also likely simulate that with a bit of a nilon stocking on a small frame of some sort. They added the AFT CWIS on her about the same time they did that. So the extra hut behind the boat davit is still there.

Comment

• Respectfully asking has any one on here been able to run their fletcher class destroyer battleship as we are starting to go into winter ? I’m just wondering

Comment

• Originally posted by Battleship View Post
                        I still have the original fletcher class destroyer battle ship made bye aquacraft it was the last one made
                        Is the Bancroft Fletcher Destroyer the exact same rebranded Aquacraft ship?

Comment

• Yep revamped Paul just got done with uninstalling the old. Motors had to rewire the new motors
                          Attached Files

Comment

• New motors as in the ones that come in the Bancroft version now?

Comment

• Yes I just got done replacing the old motors and I have locked in on a motor coupler for my tug boat it’s made by dumas boats

Comment

• I C so the Bancroft version Fletcher has better electronics and motors than the Aquacraft version?

Comment

• Not accurate on that i choose the. Esc and the receiver and transmitter

Comment

• It was revamped

Comment

• Somthin better than zip ties bought the Velcro double sided fuzzy on one side and scratche on the other side only 9.00 at lowes
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulh View Post
                                        New motors as in the ones that come in the Bancroft version now?

Comment

• Originally posted by lachancegilles203,com View Post

Comment

Working...
                                          X