Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
    RCjetdude,

Do you know what AMP rating is on the ESC. The PT boats have 3 motors running off one ESC. Wondering if this is not the problem.
    Sorry, just saw this. I do not know what it is rated for. There is one ESC driving two brushed motors. I can see a brushless refit down the road.

Comment

Weathering is done on mine. I have plans to add some lights and have ordered a smoke system for it. Maybe in time I will automate the 5" guns to pan side-to-side. One challenge with the lights will be installing them in the forward superstructure as it is not removable but it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Weathering is done on mine. I have plans to add some lights and have ordered a smoke system for it. Maybe in time I will automate the 5" guns to pan side-to-side. One challenge with the lights will be installing them in the forward superstructure as it is not removable but it can be done.
        The gluing is not as great as you might think. From examining how my forward super structure came off the main deck of mine it is painted first then the forward structure is glued (and lightly) to that. I wouldn't say it's an easy remove but from your weathering I'm betting you can touch up any paint issues but there likely wont be much.

PS Careful using acetone on this paint I did a Q-tip test with various things to check reactions for my repaint on the patch that would be under that super structure and a small drop was enough to clear a 1 inch circle to bare fiberglass and it happened fast. Most performed bout as I expected but the Acetone whoooo boy. Last time I used the stuff to remove paint it was no-where near that effective.

Comment

Originally posted by twodawgs View Post

The gluing is not as great as you might think. From examining how my forward super structure came off the main deck of mine it is painted first then the forward structure is glued (and lightly) to that. I wouldn't say it's an easy remove but from your weathering I'm betting you can touch up any paint issues but there likely wont be much.

PS Careful using acetone on this paint I did a Q-tip test with various things to check reactions for my repaint on the patch that would be under that super structure and a small drop was enough to clear a 1 inch circle to bare fiberglass and it happened fast. Most performed bout as I expected but the Acetone whoooo boy. Last time I used the stuff to remove paint it was no-where near that effective.
          I will check the glue. I didn't pry but it seemed fairly well secure.

Comment

I'd say only pry to get started and go more for a flexing(where you can anyway). Where I've deliberately taken a few things off it worked better.

Comment

I have a fletcher class destroyer battle ship and it is fun to run I bought it Early 2017 it was the last one at that time but I’m glad that I bought it I was the best money I ever spent for a remote control battle ship Over the years I had to order from harbormodels. Com I had to buy new drive shafts and more sturdy metal propellers the drive shafts were threaded an so we’re the metal propellers witch was a complete relief for me harbor models dose scale boats like. Battle ship but not speed boats. So I’m proud that I own a rc battle ship I wanted one when I was 4 but was two young to get a work permit and a job I have done model rocketry up to level three but I just build the level model rocketry kits I used to do rc gas powered airplanes but the reason I got out of gas powered aircraft was the feul went bad after three weeks witch the rc feul lost the nitro and we had to pay hazmat to. Dispose of the Model airplane fuel that’s why. I went to rc boats but I’m glad that they revamped it this new year we will soon be able to bye spare static parts for the fletcher class destroyer battle ship not sure when or what month the caddy I built with my father so I can transport my fletcher class destroyer battle ship to the park and run it in the casting pond

Comment

Comment

I wonder where can I get a collered button up shirt that say I never served on the but I love my rc fletcher class destroyer battle ship and the tugboat I have to then have fletcher class destroyer battle ship on the front and back and the sleeves that would be a nice shirt to wear when I run my fletcher class destroyer battle ship

Comment

What was the Color of the fletcher class destroyer battle ship hull paint or is it a ink color kid of paint

Comment

But I already have enough rc boats two rc boats is plenty For me and I m a ham arrl

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship View Post
                        What was the Color of the fletcher class destroyer battle ship hull paint or is it a ink color kid of paint
                        Here is where I color matched from for My Measure 31/16 Fletcher.
                        The camo on the one you posted pics of is Measure 22 (about 1/3 the way down the second link)
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...ge_measures_31 ,_32_and_33:_destroyers
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...s_of_the_Unite d_States_Navy#Measure_32

The type of paint I chose one that was one listed for use with Fiberglass and hard plastics and no it wasn't some Hobby Store paints though some of those will be used for detailing. I was advised to look more towards the enamel type paints for hobby paints in regards to water resistance though when I asked my local store but they were more into the RC trucks than Boats. Bit of sanding for prep-work and some taping. In my case there was also a bunch of parts removal as well. But then I was going for something complex.

For hull color typically it's a darker Red or in some cases Blue depending on who sourced the antifouling paint. But a darker red is usually a good go to for the hull itself.

Got to admit your Fletcher looks well loved and used.

Comment

Thank you very much sir two dawgs sir but I’m not sure if we’re gonna have any more warmer days to run my fletcher class destroyer battle ship and on a hi hi note I wish I had my own real battleship in real life I think it would make a better way to travel especially if I had a real battleship just a hi hi inside joke

Comment

My fletcher class destroyer battle ship is the first battle ship that was produced by aqua craft and purchased by me in early 2017 or 2016

Comment

Is it better to build a battle ship from scratch or buy a battleship that’s already made and produced? By a company

Comment

i might buy the aircraft cairrer but i got to knock some bills out of the way

Comment

I just need one gun turret and little navy sailors figureens battleship destroyer crew and the gunners crew

Comment

Respectfully asking sir and mam how much lead weights do I have to put in the fletcher class destroyer battle ship so I don’t end up capsizeing it cause i almost capsized the fletcher class destroyer battle ship of my own

Comment

I put about 3700 grams in mine.

Comment

Oh ok the more grams does that mean I have to put for batteries inside my fletcher class destroyer battle ship I usually just run two batteries I only have 6 3000 mah batteries so do I need to buy more 3000 mah batteries respectfully asking sir and mam

Comment

Respectfully saying what I really like is the addiquite multiple air vents that’s why I bought the fletcher class destroyer battle ship in earl 2017

Comment

Working...
                                          X