X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

With that tiny battery and I have the metal dear box/tracks, what is the average run time? I think they put the small battery because of design limitation? Dai
    Here is the Admiral 3500mAh Battery that Motion sells. It will fit the T-72 and T-90. Also the StuG III.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/ad...miya-connector

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.24.15 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	1,014.0 KB ID:	280148
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

MorionRC sells a higher capacity battery that fits the small box.

Lots of folks use them or simple remove the airsoft gun and factory box. Then there is room for much larger types of batteries.
      Can you link me? Thanks Dai

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post

Here is the Admiral 3500mAh Battery that Motion sells. It will fit the T-72 and T-90. Also the StuG III.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/ad...miya-connector

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.24.15 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	1,014.0 KB ID:	280148
        Just ordered. Thanks Dai

Comment

Hello everyone ...

Putting it together and drinking Belgium beers ... Dai
          Attached Files

Comment

Alpha,

It takes more than "about an hour" to assemble these plastic parts bro as you say on all your review videos. I say 2-3 hours. DP

Comment

Greetings ...

As an experienced plastic modeler, I must applaude HL for excellent enginnering of the plastic parts. They have such tight tolerance that dry fitting as I found out is not really needed. That is a hall mark of quality engineering and design in the plastic model world. Dai

Comment

Alpha,

It takes more than "about an hour" to assemble these plastic parts bro as you say on all your review videos. I say 2-3 hours. DP
                Maybe less beer......
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hi all,

Can someone tell me where part E3 goes? Thanks Dai

Comment

Hi all,

Can someone tell me where part E3 goes? Thanks Dai
                    I found it ! Dai

Comment

Hi all,

If you need replacement for the drum tank tubes (mine too short), go buy the Evergreen Scale Models 1/8" plastic tubing. Cut to size and dip in hot water so it can bended more easily. I like it because being rigid it can hold the drums better together. Dai
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello all. Hope you all are doing well.
                        My name is Yasir and I am planning to purchase my first ever real RC Tank. I've made-up my mind to buy Heng Long Russian T-90 Upgrade Edition from Motion RC (https://www.motionrc.com/collections...escription-tab) when it arrives in stock.

Since I'm new to all this and later down the road, I plan to have a small collection of these rc tanks, I'd highly appreciate if you can address my below queries:
                        1. I would like to confirm if there are any more new tank models that may arrive in near future, other than the one mentioned in Motion RC website?
                        2. I understand that there are only 2 variants of each model of Heng Long tank series (Professional Edition and Upgrade Edition). Are there any more variants other than these 2?
                        3. For a beginner like me, I think Upgrade Edition would be more than enough for me (although i can opt for something that is advanced, and for instance assembling of tank would not be an issue for me).
                        4. After reading this thread, I understand that many are upgrading T-90's battery to 3500mah, provided by Motion RC. It is a plug-n-play solution and one of easiest mods that can be done, without making any other mods to the structure of tank. Secondly, there is a powerful 390 motor, which is recommended to be used in Pro Edition tanks and not in Upgrade Edition. If this motor is used in Upgrade Edition, then the track setup may not remain reliable and we have to operate the tank carefully specially when off-roading. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks alot!
                        Yasir

Comment

Originally posted by Yasir_Simba View Post
                          Hello all. Hope you all are doing well.
                          My name is Yasir and I am planning to purchase my first ever real RC Tank. I've made-up my mind to buy Heng Long Russian T-90 Upgrade Edition from Motion RC (https://www.motionrc.com/collections...escription-tab) when it arrives in stock.

Since I'm new to all this and later down the road, I plan to have a small collection of these rc tanks, I'd highly appreciate if you can address my below queries:
                          1. I would like to confirm if there are any more new tank models that may arrive in near future, other than the one mentioned in Motion RC website?
                          2. I understand that there are only 2 variants of each model of Heng Long tank series (Professional Edition and Upgrade Edition). Are there any more variants other than these 2?
                          3. For a beginner like me, I think Upgrade Edition would be more than enough for me (although i can opt for something that is advanced, and for instance assembling of tank would not be an issue for me).
                          4. After reading this thread, I understand that many are upgrading T-90's battery to 3500mah, provided by Motion RC. It is a plug-n-play solution and one of easiest mods that can be done, without making any other mods to the structure of tank. Secondly, there is a powerful 390 motor, which is recommended to be used in Pro Edition tanks and not in Upgrade Edition. If this motor is used in Upgrade Edition, then the track setup may not remain reliable and we have to operate the tank carefully specially when off-roading. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks alot!
                          Yasir
                          First thing don’t wait on Motion RC. They have proven totally unreliable with stocking Heng Long tanks and have not had any in over 18 months, though they have told us a number of time they would have shipments in but those never appeared.

Second there are more variations of each tank then what Motion lists. What to look for at a minimum is one with metal idler wheels and metal sprockets. 390 motors can be added to ANY variant as long as it has steel gears which almost all do these days. 390 motors do place more stress on tracks so if you can afford the metal track option it would be a plus.

Take a look on EBay and you will find LOTS of T90s and other Heng Long takes with more or similar option to what Motion lists and at competitive prices. Just make sure you buy a 6.0 or higher version.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

First thing don’t wait on Motion RC. They have proven totally unreliable with stocking Heng Long tanks and have not had any in over 18 months, though they have told us a number of time they would have shipments in but those never appeared.

Second there are more variations of each tank then what Motion lists. What to look for at a minimum is one with metal idler wheels and metal sprockets. 390 motors can be added to ANY variant as long as it has steel gears which almost all do these days. 390 motors do place more stress on tracks so if you can afford the metal track option it would be a plus.

Take a look on EBay and you will find LOTS of T90s and other Heng Long takes with more or similar option to what Motion lists and at competitive prices. Just make sure you buy a 6.0 or higher version.
                            Thank you Rubicon99 for addressing my queries.
                            I am actually shocked to hear from you that they have stocking issue. Lets hope they resolve it ASAP.
                            Secondly, okay, i will check Ebay and look out for what you've suggested. In fact, I had a brief look at Ebay, they have loads of stock but those are a lot expensive (around USD 400 and even more) than list price of Motion RC (USD180-250). May be a little wait for Motion RC to get stock back be better, I think
                            Lastly, I'd really be thankful if you can do me one more favour and share with me a few links from ebay to buy Russian T-90, the best ones which you would pick. That would give me a good head start.
                            Thanks alot, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasir_Simba View Post

Thank you Rubicon99 for addressing my queries.
                              I am actually shocked to hear from you that they have stocking issue. Lets hope they resolve it ASAP.
                              Secondly, okay, i will check Ebay and look out for what you've suggested. In fact, I had a brief look at Ebay, they have loads of stock but those are a lot expensive (around USD 400 and even more) than list price of Motion RC (USD180-250). May be a little wait for Motion RC to get stock back be better, I think
                              Lastly, I'd really be thankful if you can do me one more favour and share with me a few links from ebay to buy Russian T-90, the best ones which you would pick. That would give me a good head start.
                              Thanks alot, again.
                              Sorry I don’t do links. I am old school and believe the best way for people to learn is by doing the research first hand. I will though give you some direction and suggest looking first at Toucan Hobby on EBay as they generally have the best selection.

A word on price. $350-$400 is typical for the fully optioned edition. A mid optioned tank should have a price more like $250-$300 and should get you a majority of metal running parts. Motions $200ish tanks use largely plastic running parts which is what makes them cheaper.

If you insist on waiting for Motion to restock to try and save a few dollars just be ready to wait a VERY long time. Most folks have given up waiting and use other sources now.

Comment

About how long is the T-90 driving time with the upgrade version?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Schaeffer View Post
                                  About how long is the T-90 driving time with the upgrade version?
                                  Depends on the driver and how hard the tank is driven. With a stock battery that could be 5-15 minutes. With an upgraded battery it could be 20-30 minutes. With a completely modified and reworked battery box, mods to the canon and the installation of a super large battery 40-60 minutes. These numbers are for the stock motors and gearboxes only.

Comment

I find that an 8x12x3.5mm bearing (MR128) fits the bushing and the drive shaft on a T-72/90 really well.

Comment

What's the strongest battery for the T90 that will fit in it's smaller battery compartment?

Comment

This is what I know....and it's from Motion RC

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 12-03-07 Admiral 3500mAh 2S 7 4V Li-ion Battery with Tamiya Connector [ADM6024-012] Motion RC.png
Views:	553
Size:	491.3 KB
ID:	328267

Comment

Can't you just take the higher power long battery and modify it to fit in the smaller T90 battery compartment? Someone told me it's the same amount of batteries in the long as it is in the short.

Comment

Working...
                                          X