Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Heng Long's 1/16 scale M1A2 Abrams RTR, Upgrade Edition!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woohoo\o/ View Post
    I was wondering. How accurate would you say the paint color is on the HL Abrams? I see it to look a bit darker than it's true life counterpart.
    It’s actually not too far off. The weathering HL adds makes it look a little on the dark shade side.

Comment

Yeah that's what I don't like to be honest. I may just do her over before applying decals.

Comment

Yeah that's what I don't like to be honest. I may just do her over before applying decals.
        I repaint all of mine. Best way to get exact what I want it to look like.

Comment

Are people really making subwoofers for the speaker? Does it really make a difference in bass etc?

Comment

Are people really making subwoofers for the speaker? Does it really make a difference in bass etc?
            Yes people make their own speaker boxes, usually this is seen more in full ground up custom built tanks. Does it help? Depends what value one places on sound clarity.

Comment

Because from what I remember from my first Abrams the sound wasn't really impressive. Felt like it needed more bass (lows). I'll be researching more about upgrades.

Comment

Will MotionRC be importing the 2020 Premium M1A2 ????

Comment

Because from what I remember from my first Abrams the sound wasn't really impressive. Felt like it needed more bass (lows). I'll be researching more about upgrades.
                  The sound quality of the 6.0 tanks is vastly improved over the older 5.3 tanks. Sill not as good a Tamiya tanks but not to far off.

Comment

Originally posted by Narly View Post
                    Will MotionRC be importing the 2020 Premium M1A2 ????
                    Narly Do you mean the "Pro Plus" that I've been helping Heng Long develop, and that's covered in my thread here?

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...brams-pro-plus

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

YAH, that's the one & I want one!! after seeing the 3 youtube vids calling it the "2020 M1A2 Premium version" .... ....

Comment

Narly We're still working on the final configuration, including final title. There are a couple iterations of the prototype floating out there so far --mine has barrel flash and barrel LED, whereas one or two have barrel airsoft. There are still other changes being made behind the scenes, with an unfortunate delay due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak. When they're ready, we'll make a formal announcement, likely in the summer or so. In the meantime, post in that thread any questions you might have for it.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the functions of the sticks? I see there is a way to have the throttle on the left and steering on the right, but I am essentially looking to have the stock setup, but switched: with the throttle/steering on the left and the turret/gun on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Imladris18 View Post
                            Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the functions of the sticks? I see there is a way to have the throttle on the left and steering on the right, but I am essentially looking to have the stock setup, but switched: with the throttle/steering on the left and the turret/gun on the right.
                            The sticks are set there is no way to swap them around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

The sticks are set there is no way to swap them around.
                              Okay, I kinda had a feeling that would be the case. It's not a huge deal, but for some reason it doesn't feel natural to me the way it is.

Thanks!

Comment

I've found press and holdng the G button while pulling the left stick down moves the throttle (forward/back) motion to the left stick. Rudder (right left) stays on the right stick. No way I've found to move that. Having the steering split from the throttle doesn't interest me however.

Comment

What's the stock gear ratio on the abrams?

Comment

What's the stock gear ratio on the abrams?
                                    It’s either 33:1 or is it 29:1. Been a while since I counted them and did the math.

Comment

I'm receiving mine from motion tomorrow. I will have a look.

also, does the upgrade version come with axle support bearings? If not, what size bearings do I need? I saw some shaft support bearings being sold but are sold out everywhere. The only ones available cost a ton. Can I just use some flange bearings?

Comment

I'm receiving mine from motion tomorrow. I will have a look.

also, does the upgrade version come with axle support bearings? If not, what size bearings do I need? I saw some shaft support bearings being sold but are sold out everywhere. The only ones available cost a ton. Can I just use some flange bearings?
                                        It does not come with the bearings. I will have to check on the size when I get home. Yes you can use flange bearing too.

Comment

O7 thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X