You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Heng Long's 1/16 scale M1A2 Abrams RTR, Upgrade Edition!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I better check my KV-1Pro. It is one of my favorites tanks and I have upgraded to Red390s, 360 turret, fpv and laser targeting. I didn't even think to check the gears because it is a professional version and I bought it from Motion.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm disappointed to hear Motion was unwilling to address the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rdex2 View Post
      My M1A2 nearly finished,smoke barrel recoil gun work satisfied.
      RD, That is just awesome. The sound and timing is quite good. Diggin' the recoil/smoke, too. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RD, That is just awesome. The sound and timing is quite good. Diggin' the recoil/smoke, too. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
        Thank Elbee ,I'm very happy for you like my work.

Comment

• My M1A2 clip just finished ,and this's first place I present it. Hope you like it.

Comment

• Display with song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRHfxvLX6l8

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if this one has IR? I bought the Leopard from the same seller and although the ad does not say so, it has IR. Dai

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Originally posted by dai phan View Post
                Can anyone tell me if this one has IR? I bought the Leopard from the same seller and although the ad does not say so, it has IR. Dai

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                It is the old version without IR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I just cancel the order with Amazon. That is because it does not say the 6.0 version right? I will have to go on EB as Amazon is limited with the T-90 / Abrams/Challenger. Dai

Comment

• If you scroll down to the Q&A section of the listing the seller says it is the 6.0 system in the answers to a couple of the questions.
                    Sreve

Comment

• Originally posted by dai phan View Post

I just cancel the order with Amazon. That is because it does not say the 6.0 version right? I will have to go on EB as Amazon is limited with the T-90 / Abrams/Challenger. Dai
                      Smart move. If it doesn’t say it in the description then you have little recourse if it is not a 6.0 other then to return it. Better safe then sorry.

Comment

Smart move. If it doesn’t say it in the description then you have little recourse if it is not a 6.0 other then to return it. Better safe then sorry.
                        I am suprised the old version is till on Amazon. Looks like I am heading to EB. Dai

Comment

This is the response from the seller. So it is modified 6.0 although it does not say so on the ad. Dai

Answers to your question

"This is a modified version of 6.0, with more modifications than the original 6.0 configuration."

LINTAO

Comment

• Just ordered one from TH. Dai

Comment

• Question:
                              I got the M1A2 6.0 Heng Long for Christmas. It is the all plastic version with BB unit. I would like to replace the BB unit and put in a recoil barrel kit with an elevation servo kit also. Where would I get this kit from? The tank came from Amazon who got it from Toucan RC Hobby. I email them and they are all out of stock and not sure when they will get them in.

On a side note. Toucan support is really good. The battery that came with the tank would not charge. My charger kept giving me a "Temp is too high" The battery was a Super Li-ion 7.4/1800 mAh. The battery was very lite. As if there was nothing in the body. I emailed Toucan and they shipped me a new battery. Same battery, but a different size. It was half the size of my other Li-ion batteries. This one charged up fine, but only ran the tank for about 8 minutes. No biggie. I have other batteries that will work. But from the time I sent the email to the time I got the battery, was only 5 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by GITanker View Post
                                Question:
                                I got the M1A2 6.0 Heng Long for Christmas. It is the all plastic version with BB unit. I would like to replace the BB unit and put in a recoil barrel kit with an elevation servo kit also. Where would I get this kit from? The tank came from Amazon who got it from Toucan RC Hobby. I email them and they are all out of stock and not sure when they will get them in.

On a side note. Toucan support is really good. The battery that came with the tank would not charge. My charger kept giving me a "Temp is too high" The battery was a Super Li-ion 7.4/1800 mAh. The battery was very lite. As if there was nothing in the body. I emailed Toucan and they shipped me a new battery. Same battery, but a different size. It was half the size of my other Li-ion batteries. This one charged up fine, but only ran the tank for about 8 minutes. No biggie. I have other batteries that will work. But from the time I sent the email to the time I got the battery, was only 5 days.
                                To run servo recoil and elevation you will first need to upgrade the tank to at least a 6.1 system or other aftermarket control board that supports servos.

The stock HL recoil option is JUNK! It more often then not fires out of time with the sound, flash and track recoil because it is based on the mechanical function of the airsoft canon. It can be modified to work better, but even then 25% of the of the shots are “out of timing”.

There are a number of aftermarket companies that make full service recoil systems for the HL tanks. A simple Google search will bring them up. I use the kit that DLKMRC sells. Others are just as good.

Comment

• Hi all, im very new to the hobby, just purchased a hobby engine 1/16 Abrams rc tank, quite happy with it, but i can't seem to find any upgrade parts anywhere, iwas wondering if you could fit henglong parts,ie metal tracks, road wheels drive wheels and idlers, steel gearboxes etc, any help or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks Johnp23

Comment

• Originally posted by John p23 View Post
                                    Hi all, im very new to the hobby, just purchased a hobby engine 1/16 Abrams rc tank, quite happy with it, but i can't seem to find any upgrade parts anywhere, iwas wondering if you could fit henglong parts,ie metal tracks, road wheels drive wheels and idlers, steel gearboxes etc, any help or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks Johnp23
                                    Short answer is NO. Totally different tank brand with no mechanical commonality. It would be simpler and cheaper just to buy a HL Abrams then try to make HL parts work in you tank.

Comment

• I have a question in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMaJ19kyOo8 he said that there is a link to some extra parts, I can not find it.
                                      Does somebody know where I can find it? Sorry for my terrible writing I am from the Netherlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fhelm View Post
                                        I have a question in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMaJ19kyOo8 he said that there is a link to some extra parts, I can not find it.
                                        Does somebody know where I can find it? Sorry for my terrible writing I am from the Netherlands.
                                        Go to the Motion RC website. Go to their tank page. Click the tank you are interested in. There is a tab there called "Spare Parts", click that.

Your writing is fine. I can't even say "hello" in Dutch!
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Ok thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X