Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hilldebrandt View Post

Thanks SCB!
    I race RC cars as well so I already have capable chargers.
    I noticed all too well with MRC unfortunately... I've been checking out Toucan now..
    I will check into the LegoDEI receivers..

Happy New Year to you!
    Glad you have a good charger, makes things so much easier. Regarding Toucan; they have their own ebay page, but they also sell tanks under a number of names there. The key is to shop only for "US Stock" items, and check their location. Cranbury New Jersey is their point of origin. There's one in California too, but I disremember it's exact location. Also, they don't post all their items all the time. Another clue is they post a price and a "make an offer'. Offer them enough to eliminate shipping and maybe $10 or $20 less. Sometimes they accept.

Maybe you're close enough to Cranbury to go by and pick tanks up in person. That'll test your girlfriend! 😉
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
      Or this is a better buy? Thanks Dai

https://www.amazon.com/Modified-Cont...ct_top?ie=UTF8
      It is the plastic version with a metal barrel. The seller's product description is very clear about that.
      Metal Parts: Barrel
      Non Metal Parts:
      Tank body
      Driving Gearbox
      Road wheels
      Tracks
      Sprockets and idler wheels​

Comment

Spot on Bob. Toucan also sells on Aliexpress, and the manager of Toucan "Godfrey" is also on Facebook. I have bought the vast majority of my tanks & upgrade parts from Toucan, both US stock & China with 0 issues. Your exactly right about other sellers who actually work for Toucan., On eBay, its so obvious. Even more, on eBay they will list the exact same item with different prices, and play the shipping cost game too boot. A few times I have contacted Godfrey on facebook and negotiated a good price outside of eBay. By doing so, Toucan doesnt have to pay eBay fees and you get a better deal. (Always use Paypal for buyer protection). I will say lately though, Toucan isnt haggling price very much. Not like they were 6 months ago. I cant help but wonder if the politcal climate right now is playing a role. Toucan also sells on Amazon, where I scored a pretty good deal on that T34 I just bought, much cheaper than I was able to haggle on eBay. I just purchased another TK 6.1s as they a scarcer then Hen's teeth-from Toucan, Aliexpress. The TK 7.1s did away with the radiator fan support, much to my dismay, and that MFU is scarce as well.

Comment

Toucan direct/Godfrey is a great source for replacement parts. I’ve ordered wheels, hatches and other things straight from them. Once I needed some Panzer IV bogies, both left and right sides, they’re different. They emailed me a bunch of times to make sure they got the order correct.

Comment

excellent article for a beginner

Comment

Welcome RR

Comment

I was researching (surfing the web) and saw this restored Sherman. Of course, the tracks are from who knows where. So, who does know where these tracks came from? Looks like they fit, anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-26 151943.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	362321

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                  I was researching (surfing the web) and saw this restored Sherman. Of course, the tracks are from who knows where. So, who does know where these tracks came from? Looks like they fit, anyway.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-26 151943.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.8 KB ID:	362321
                  looks like canadian dry pin tracks

http://www.tankarchives.ca/2019/07/c...n-dry-pin.html

EDIT: yeah im pretty sure thats canadian dry pin because of the fact the sprocket is from a canadian ram 2.

Comment

I would agree with Delta's assessment. The Canadians had a Sherman variant called the Grizzly which used them.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                      I would agree with Delta's assessment. The Canadians had a Sherman variant called the Grizzly which used them.
                      for anyone wondering the Churchill on the other side of the field this tank is in, is a pokestop

Comment

I don't know: Should I paint the tracks in steel colour?

Comment

do somebody know how to remove the sprockets on the sherman? i removed the screw but its not going

Comment

Sometimes they are really tight. Only the screw holds them on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dday_tanker View Post
                              do somebody know how to remove the sprockets on the sherman? i removed the screw but its not going
                              After removing the screw, try using an retired steak knife to gentally pry it loose.

Comment

ok thanks keilau

Comment

Working...
                                X