Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i just got my tank and when i plug in the battery the light is green. Does this mean it is already charged?

Comment

The battery that came with the Panzer is completely dead even after charging for over an hour. Wont even register on my battery meter.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Something else on the battery with it being Li-ion is it may just be "sleeping" so to speak and a brief NiMh charge on a charger can effectively "reset" it. I have successfully awakened Li Po's this way but Li-ions typically have electronic circuit boards built into them for protection that can make a battery respond differently on a checker.
        I will try that, I have done that to lipos also. The sherman battery reads and works fine in both tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slurve View Post
          Ok i just got my tank and when i plug in the battery the light is green. Does this mean it is already charged?
          Put it in the tank and try it out.

Comment

I did have a doa pack in a tiger, but didn't investigate the issue further - that beautiful battery bay will take a 5200mah ROAR approved hard case lipo.

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
              I did have a doa pack in a tiger, but didn't investigate the issue further - that beautiful battery bay will take a 5200mah ROAR approved hard case lipo.
              Yea I was wondering about a battery upgrade.

Comment

I just have one more question, what indicates when the battery is done charging?

Comment

I am having the same problem when i charge the battery and put it in the tank it won't turn on.

Comment

I am having the same problem when i charge the battery and put it in the tank it won't turn on.
                    Nothing if you are using the stock wall charger.

Comment

I am finally getting voltage out of the pack that came with the Panzer. Let it charge for 2-3 hours and use a volt meter to check to see if the pack actually has any voltage.

Comment

Rubicon99, the pack itself has an over charge circuit in it doesnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by NCflying View Post
                          Rubicon99, the pack itself has an over charge circuit in it doesnt it?
                          “Nothing” was in response to the question about what indicates a charged battery. I inadvertently hit the wrong quote for the question being answered.

The supplied battery is supposed to have a cut off but I wouldn’t trust in that. Seen them a number of time overheat and fry either the wall charger or battery. Best advice I could give is to dump the stock battery and buy a better one with higher mah and a quality charge if one is not already owned.

Comment

There are multiple threads going so I'll put this link in both. RC tanks, trucks, cars, etc in this category include RTR (Ready to Run) batteries. I've had good experience with them, probably because I don't run them into the ground. That being said, we also recognize that part of the fun with RC Surface vehicles is upgrading and hop-ups above the stock factory equipment, so we also brought in a new 2s 7.4V Li-Ion battery using imported Sanyo NCR 18650 cells from Japan. These will fit in *ALL* Heng Long tanks (they're essentially the same dimension as the case-less 18650 battery in the T-90 and T-72).

Compared to the stock battery, the upgrade battery not only nearly doubles the capacity (3500mAh vs 1800mAh), but they're also made of higher quality NCR cells from Japan.

These are in stock now and ready to ship. We'll get a photo up soon!

https://www.motionrc.com/products/ad...756ae0d1&_ss=r

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Guys that are new to Tanks might find this fun we did a live show this weekend showing some beginner friendly techniques for weathering your new tank

Comment

Anyone know if Motion RC's tank inventory will be restocked anytime soon.
                                I'm looking to order my second tank.
                                Thanks
                                Steve

Comment

Sureshot Hi Sureshot, the reception to our tanks has been amazingly overwhelming, and we've sold out the majority of our tanks far faster than we had planned. That's a good problem to have, I suppose, and we're grateful for everyone's support! We're doing everything we can to restock more as soon as possible, but with Chinese New Year plus Coronavirus constraints, I don't have a clear ETA at this time. Rest assured that we'll publish updates here on Hobby Squawk and on our official channels once we have a better sense of the ETA. I recommend checking the product pages for Restock Notifications. If there's enough interest, we could open a pre-order for the next batch if community members wanted to guarantee themselves a model, but even if we ever did something like that, we would need to confirm the product's ETA first.

Comment

New tankers be aware you CAN in fact change the control of the tank putting FWD/REV on the LEFT stick instead of the RIGHT. See the #2 step for how to do this. Keep in mind doing so in turn moves the cannon barrel raising/lowering to the RIGHT stick. You'll have to experiment and see which mode you like best. Additionally this sheet tells you how to turn the LED lights ON/OFF. Ignore the bottom #3 step for Dual-Current Driving System. Our model tanks are not setup for this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200305_0002.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	241807

Comment

How do I stop the drive wheel sprocket screw on my new HL Challenger from backing out? I used Loctite to no avail. The tank can't drive for more than 2 minutes before the drive wheel sprocket comes off. Now the driveshaft screw hole is stripped.

Comment

The drive sprocket was backing out? Was there one, two, or zero washers between the shaft and the sprocket (inner face)? Same question for the sprocket to the screw (outer face)?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                          The drive sprocket was backing out? Was there one, two, or zero washers between the shaft and the sprocket (inner face)? Same question for the sprocket to the screw (outer face)?
                                          Only one washer on the outer face.

Comment

Working...
                                          X