X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MotionRC replied to me not use LiPo the charger for Li-ion batteries:

It's absolutely vital that you use a charger that is designed to charge Lithium-Ion (Li-on) batteries and not just Lithium Polymer (LiPo). The charger that you sent the link for is LiPo only so should not be used for charging Li-on batteries.

Comment

Can I use the heng long usb charger for a admiral 7000 mah battery?

Comment

Originally posted by MB Sherman View Post
        Can I use the heng long usb charger for a admiral 7000 mah battery?
        Do yourself a favor and buy a proper charger for your Admiral battery. The HL charges are simply junk.

Comment

Can I use the heng long charger for now without hurting the battery? Also what charger do you recommend I use ? TIA

Comment

Hi MB, I am wondering what charger you ended up getting for the Admiral battery and did you have any issues with the 7000mah fit in the battery compartment? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith10 View Post
              I finally got my first Heng Long RC tank today, a Tiger 1 pro. While tinkering I found that my old airsoft gun batteries all fit in the compartment and was curious if they'd be safe to use. They're all NiMH batteries 2 are 8.4v (1500mAh and 1100mAh) and one is 9.6v 1600mAh. I've been googling for the past few hours and haven't found anything as to whether they are safe for the system or not.
              See post #5 of this thread. https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...li-ion-battery

The HL RC tanks use 380 series motors. The genuine Mabuchi 380 motor is designed for up to 12 volts supply, but not the knockoff version made by Heng Long. The HL 380 will heat up rapidly if the supply voltage is above 8.5 volts. Many of us use the Tamiya Standard 380 instead which is a genuine Mabuchi and runs much cooler than the HL 380.

I make my own battery pad for HL tanks. I use Lithium Ion cells because of their high energy density and relative safe from fire. Here are some alternate approach you can use. https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...eng-long-tanks

Comment

Originally posted by The_Ancient_Mariner View Post
                Hi MB, I am wondering what charger you ended up getting for the Admiral battery and did you have any issues with the 7000mah fit in the battery compartment? Thanks
                Hello Ancient Mariner I decided to buy the Hi tec X2 multifunction charger that a friend recommended. It’s a little pricey but worth the investment imo because you can balance charge and storage charge the battery’s if you don’t use them often to prolong battery life. Worth it considering 7000 mah battery is $50 or more. The charger will also work for other types of batteries LiPo LiFe LiIo NiMH etc.. I have a heng long tiger 1 and the admiral 7000 mah fits well but is definitely a tight fit. It works great and you can easily get and hour or more of run time on full charge. It may not fit other tanks because it is a large battery. Also if you decide to buy the X2 charger you will need a adapter wire for the tamiya plug($7 on Amazon I can send you a link for that if you need) There are definitely other options for chargers AMain.com motion rc.com horizon hobby.com are all good websites to check out.

Comment

Thanks for the info MB, I ordered a HL Tiger 1 from Matomart that has upgraded gearbox, tracks, wheels etc and a couple Admiral 7000 batteries. Present to myself for Father's Day, hopefully the first of many as I have been in love with tanks and armor since I was about 8. Can't wait for it to get here, ha

Comment

I have a heng long pro edition Leopard and the 390 motors. What is the minimum battery I need to get some air jumping off of a ramp? Is it even doable?

Comment

Originally posted by FullySemiAutomatic View Post
                      I have a heng long pro edition Leopard and the 390 motors. What is the minimum battery I need to get some air jumping off of a ramp? Is it even doable?
                      There are many answers to this question if you go back to the earlier posts. Any 2S2P lithium pack will do it for you when freshly charged. The HL OEM pack that comes with your tank can do it too. However, the heng long pro edition Leopard comes with the grey 380 motors. How did you get the 390 motor? Can you post a picture of the inside of your Leopard?

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                        There are many answers to this question if you go back to the earlier posts. Any 2S2P lithium pack will do it for you when freshly charged. The HL OEM pack that comes with your tank can do it too. However, the heng long pro edition Leopard comes with the grey 380 motors. How did you get the 390 motor? Can you post a picture of the inside of your Leopard?
                        Hello,
                        I installed the 390 motors. The stock battery cannot do it. It is too slow.

I want it to be able to do this: https://youtu.be/BFBFHPqiSvA?si=Ye8fvZr5qduanGdl&t=44

Comment

Hello,
                          I installed the 390 motors. The stock battery cannot do it. It is too slow.

I want it to be able to do this: https://youtu.be/BFBFHPqiSvA?si=Ye8fvZr5qduanGdl&t=44
                          What 390 motor did you install? The HL red390 has a 25000 rpm and will give you a scale speed faster than the real Leopard shown in the video using the 8.4 volts stock battery. All other lithium battery marketed for the HL RC tank has the same voltage. The difference is in capacity, or how long it runs.

However, the HL Leopard cannot push through the earth in the trench as the real tank did in the early video segment. Not even with a pair of 550 motors.

If you scale down the 3.5mx1.5m trench down to 1/16 scale size, the HL RC tank may be able to fly over it like the real tank over the large trench. It is not a certain thing. The RC tank is much lighter, thus much less momentum even at higher scale speed. If you try it, I am very interested in knowing if the HL tank can fly over an 8.6 inches trench.

Comment

Jumping off ramps and becoming airbound. Sounds like a recipe for busting up your tanks to me.
                            Send pictures of the aftermath so we can all get a good chuckle out of it. 😄

P.S. Please keep them on the ground and save yourself money and piece of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post
                              Jumping off ramps and becoming airbound. Sounds like a recipe for busting up your tanks to me.
                              Send pictures of the aftermath so we can all get a good chuckle out of it. 😄

P.S. Please keep them on the ground and save yourself money and piece of mind.
                              If the trench is a 1/16 scale 8.6"x3.7" and made of soft soil, the HL tank will likely survive intact, if dirty. The trench is only about 1/3 of the tank length so it is not exactly airbound. Whether it can successfully fly over the trench is another matter because of the low momentum plastic RC tank. The 390 motor will give enough speed. The chance is descent.

I measured 50 mph scale speed for my HL Leopard with 390 Heng Xin gearbox. The 390 is a Mxfans motor. With a Tamiya 380, the Leopard gets 28 mph scale speed.

Comment

The British invented the tank to fight the infantry soliders in the trench. not to fly over it. It moves on after clearing the trench. A short documentary on the development of the Cornwell tank during WW2 summarize the history very well.
                                After inventing the tank in WW1, Britain failed to capitalize on this emerging technology. Germany did however and the full effects of this were seen in the ...

How 173 Israel Centurion tanks defended against 1200 Syrian T-55 successfully: Another tank does not fly story. The Syrian left their bridge equipment behind and the tank cannot cross the Israel tank ditch. The T-55 fell victim to the longer range gun of the Centurion.
                                Golan Heights: Israel's Legendary Tank Defence Against Syria | Greatest Tank Battles | War Stories (youtube.com)

Comment

some inspiration for you.

Comment

Read the comments. They were the entertaining part.

Comment

Arctic Chad here, with probably a dumb new comer question, I have been reading all your posts and have been learning a great deal about the world of R/c tanks, but now you guys have got me a bit confused. I need to order one of those Admiral 3500 batteries for my new Tiger 1 (heng long) and I thought I was supposed to get the Xt -60 connector version. But as I read on it looks like you guys all get the Tamiya connectors? I just want the stock factory kind for now so all I need to do is plug the right one in and giddy up. Also what charger should I get? If this is dumb please excuse my lack of knowledge. I’m excited to join the tank club!!

Comment

I think you can order it with Xt-60 Those of us with Tamiya is only because most of our tanks from earlier years could only get Tamiya connectors and would like to use the batteries in all our tanks. XT-60 are better connectors. So stick with Xt-60 i
                                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Chad View Post
                                          Arctic Chad here, with probably a dumb new comer question, I have been reading all your posts and have been learning a great deal about the world of R/c tanks, but now you guys have got me a bit confused. I need to order one of those Admiral 3500 batteries for my new Tiger 1 (heng long) and I thought I was supposed to get the Xt -60 connector version. But as I read on it looks like you guys all get the Tamiya connectors? I just want the stock factory kind for now so all I need to do is plug the right one in and giddy up. Also what charger should I get? If this is dumb please excuse my lack of knowledge. I’m excited to join the tank club!!
                                          Look inside the HL Tiger 1 RC tank battery compartment and the battery that was shipped with the tank to see what type of connector you have. If you are waiting for the arrival of your new tank, wait.

All current HL production tank use the XT-60 connector. Older production used the Tamiya connector

Comment

Working...
                                          X