X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Just pretend that the tank is far away, so you see the recoil first before the sound reaches you. That's HL hyper-realism for you! πŸ˜‰ Can't help you with the fact that the barrel retracts slowly then snaps forward, though. 😏
    Yes, I was thinking this as well. Might try looking through a pair of binoculars backwards while running my tank! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Just pretend that the tank is far away, so you see the recoil first before the sound reaches you. That's HL hyper-realism for you! πŸ˜‰ Can't help you with the fact that the barrel retracts slowly then snaps forward, though. 😏
      Its possible to modify the recoil to work fairly well β€œtimed” with flash, sound, tracks and at the same time reducing the β€œtoy like” look of the action. Just have to gut the airsoft features and cut a few links off the airsoft return spring.

One loose the airsoft but gains a much more realistic barrel recoil action. I have a β€œhow to” ready to post but holding off until it is full tested in a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Its possible to modify the recoil to work fairly well β€œtimed” with flash, sound, tracks and at the same time reducing the β€œtoy like” look of the action. Just have to gut the airsoft features and cut a few links off the airsoft return spring.

One loose the airsoft but gains a much more realistic barrel recoil action. I have a β€œhow to” ready to post but holding off until it is full tested in a battle.
        Actually, all heng long needs do to make it a lot better, not perfect, but better, is to play the cannon firing sound when we press the firing button instead of when the airsoft fires. Basically the folks at heng long cant think past tying the sound to launching the BB. They should have the sound happen at the start of what looks like recoil.

Comment

Hi all

I am asking Toucan to make me an offer on the 7.0 T34 as of now. Dai

Comment

Hi all,

TH is offering 350.00 shipped from China. For 100 USD more I could get the Taigen version. What are your thoughts please? Dai

Henglong 1/16 7.0 Soviet T34-85 RC Tank 3909 360Β° Metal Wheels Barrel Recoil | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
              Hi all,

TH is offering 350.00 shipped from China. For 100 USD more I could get the Taigen version. What are your thoughts please? Dai

Henglong 1/16 7.0 Soviet T34-85 RC Tank 3909 360Β° Metal Wheels Barrel Recoil | eBay
              Although they both look like a T34-85 they are in fact two very different tanks mechanically and electronically. Both tanks are good runners and you can’t go wrong either way.

Comment

Although they both look like a T34-85 they are in fact two very different tanks mechanically and electronically. Both tanks are good runners and you can’t go wrong either way.
                You know I had a bad string of luck with my latest HLs ( Abrams, T72) ... Dai

Comment

Dai, if you opt to buy a 7.0 HL, let us knw what your experience is.

Comment

You know I had a bad string of luck with my latest HLs ( Abrams, T72) ... Dai
                    I would not call it a bad string of luck I would call it gaining experience with fixing and modifying your tanks. HL tanks are TOYS that with a little tweaking and light modifications can be turned into HOBBY grade tanks.

Your issues were simple enough to fix. Just look at how much you learned through them. Next time it will be even easier. With tanks there is ALWAYS a next time....lol

The benefits of the HL T34 is lots and lots and lots of aftermarket parts support vs the Taigen T34. They do share some accessories parts but that’s about all.

Either way I am sure you will quickly learn to love the T34 as an addition to your collection. They are probably the single most reliable and durable r/c tanks made.

Comment

Initially hands on impressions of the 7.0 system.

Got a chance to play with a 7.0 system yesterday that a friend got in. Overall it’s has no real advantage to the 6.0/6.1 systems IMO. The big area of improvement is in the sound effects. Motors and guns sound MUCH better. Driving is no different and I found the steering adjustments worthless. I am sure someone will like them to fine tune a King Tiger or Panther but simple throttle control on the 6.0 could do the same anyways.

Sadly HL did not listen to the MANY requests to just put the 6.1S into the tanks as standard. Honestly the 7.0 fixes sometimes that wasn’t broken and leaves out everything that was needed to really take HL from a TOY tank to a HOBBY grade tank.

With the teething problems the 5.2, 5.3 and 6.0 electronics had when they were new I would advise waiting to jumping onto the 7.0 band wagon. No doubt they will have issues with the first batches. (Note: I went through no less then FIVE 6.0 systems when they were new. All burned up or failed within a few minutes to days. The 5.2/3 were no better when they came out.)

For now I recommend buying the 6.0S tanks and maybe a few 6.1S stand alone upgrades to stock away for future use. Well thats at least what I will be doing.

I will be further testing the 7.0 when mine arrives 🀞🀞any day now and you can be assured I will be beating the snot out of it. My opinion of it might change, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Comment

Are the 7.0 sounds as good as Clark or Tamiya ?
                        Do the 7.0 boards do everything the 6.0 boards do?
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                          Are the 7.0 sounds as good as Clark or Tamiya ?
                          Do the 7.0 boards do everything the 6.0 boards do?
                          Steve
                          Sound effect are better then before and much closer to Tamiya quality. The speakers are stock HL so they are limited in volume output and clarity. I will be trying the sound through a spare Tamiya speaker when I get mine in to see what difference a good speaker makes if any.

Yes the 7.0 do what the 6.0 does with a few other relatively useless tuning options for steering. They are trying to make the system work more in a realistic manner if desired for WW2 tanks. The question is why they stopped there? Those that want that type of handling performance most often also want smooth servo recoil/elevation and full IR compatible with Tamiya protocol tanks. Neither the 7.0 has.

Comment

Rubicon99 Thanks for the info. Would you happen to have looked under the bonnet? I'm wondering now if a 7.0 MFU could be replaced by a 6.0 MFU without re-wiring the internals.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                              Rubicon99 Thanks for the info. Would you happen to have looked under the bonnet? I'm wondering now if a 7.0 MFU could be replaced by a 6.0 MFU without re-wiring the internals.
                              Yes, easy to swap over.

Comment

I had one experience with them involving allegedly "fake" red 390 motors. It was very specific though, as I tried to explain to them that the motors I bought of them were probably not official Heng Long motors. The language barrier was a big issue here, and in the end I just gave up. They did seem very sincere though, and on these forums here I only read good things about them.

I just pulled the trigger a couple minutes ago and ordered my second tank through them. A 6.0 Sherman comparable to the Pro version that MRC used to offer. there was no 7.0 version available, and at any rate I want more info about the 7.0 first. I also ordered a set of metal roadwheel-assemblies and a long type "Fury"-style barrel that they had listed. This will be a nice project while I wait for MRC to get new stock in (I still really want that T-34!).
                                Contact Godfrey through FB and he will set you right. I am going to wait on the 7.0 until it is proven like Rubicon99 says. Dai

Comment

Initially hands on impressions of the 7.0 system.

Got a chance to play with a 7.0 system yesterday that a friend got in. Overall it’s has no real advantage to the 6.0/6.1 systems IMO. The big area of improvement is in the sound effects. Motors and guns sound MUCH better. Driving is no different and I found the steering adjustments worthless. I am sure someone will like them to fine tune a King Tiger or Panther but simple throttle control on the 6.0 could do the same anyways.

Sadly HL did not listen to the MANY requests to just put the 6.1S into the tanks as standard. Honestly the 7.0 fixes sometimes that wasn’t broken and leaves out everything that was needed to really take HL from a TOY tank to a HOBBY grade tank.

With the teething problems the 5.2, 5.3 and 6.0 electronics had when they were new I would advise waiting to jumping onto the 7.0 band wagon. No doubt they will have issues with the first batches. (Note: I went through no less then FIVE 6.0 systems when they were new. All burned up or failed within a few minutes to days. The 5.2/3 were no better when they came out.)

For now I recommend buying the 6.0S tanks and maybe a few 6.1S stand alone upgrades to stock away for future use. Well thats at least what I will be doing.

I will be further testing the 7.0 when mine arrives 🀞🀞any day now and you can be assured I will be beating the snot out of it. My opinion of it might change, but I am not going to hold my breath.
                                  I decided to buy the 6.0 T34 at this time as you suggested. I watch a YT review of the T34 and it does not the wiring nightmare like the Abrams and the T72. Dai

Comment

Contact Godfrey through FB and he will set you right. I am going to wait on the 7.0 until it is proven like Rubicon99 says. Dai
                                    I'll remember that for when I have another issue. The red motors affair was I think five months ago. I went through their Aliexpress chat as that's where I bought them.
                                    I looked for a 6.0 T-34 before opting for the Sherman, but all I could find in both their Aliexpress as well as in their eBay store was the 7.0 version.

Comment

I'll remember that for when I have another issue. The red motors affair was I think five months ago. I went through their Aliexpress chat as that's where I bought them.
                                      I looked for a 6.0 T-34 before opting for the Sherman, but all I could find in both their Aliexpress as well as in their eBay store was the 7.0 version.
                                      Your best bet is to order from Toucan through Godfrey. I got prices way cheaper than from MRC and about 40 dollars cheaper then EB advertised price shipped. There are many 6.0 T34s available on EB from Toucan. Dai

Comment

Does mentioning that you were referred by Dia Phan mean anything to them? I want a T34 too.
                                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                          Does mentioning that you were referred by Dia Phan mean anything to them? I want a T34 too.
                                          Contact Godfrey through FB and tell him I sent you. I do not think you can get better deal anywhere in this planet. Dai

Comment

Working...
                                          X