X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanks for us View Post
    smoke switch is on RC tx toggle switch on rifht side turns on & off. it used to be for the machine gun but the button next to it now machine gun
    ah i see, thanks. i was looking at the manual for the tank and it didn't mention it in there but it does actually mention it in the manual for the transmitter which i probably should've looked through also.

Comment

tanks for us I'm glad my video was helpful to you.

For those asking about what's inside the Panzer IV, I don't have mine at the moment but here is a peak inside my M4. I hope it helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210717_184612_HDR.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	319089
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

My Panzer IV arrived today. I found out that in order to open the upper hull, while pulling the switch at the bottom to the left, I lifted the upper hull up and to the right of the tank. It came right off. The two metal hooks inside are pointed to the right. If I slight the switch underneath the lower hull to the left, then I must pull the upper hull to the right, so there will more room to release the latches. Any body has his tank arrived with the winter track set installed? Mine came with winter tracks. Very cool!! I

Comment

David, what is the paint on your PZ4? Mine had the winter tracks, it was the IMEX/Taigen winter version.

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
            David, what is the paint on your PZ4? Mine had the winter tracks, it was the IMEX/Taigen winter version.
            I bought the last one of the unpainted version from MotionRC as I wanted to paint it myself. Now that it comes with the wider version winter tracks, I need to do some researches in what other scheme I can paint it wiht. Do you like your winter Panzer IV. Can you post a picture of it? Thank you!

Comment

I don't have a picture handy but this is exactly what I have https://www.taigentanks.com/collecti...-metal-edition

It runs well, and the Taigen version came with 390's, which I changed out to Tami 380's cause the 390's feel a bit much for a small tank with that factory gearbox.

Comment

I don't have a picture handy but this is exactly what I have https://www.taigentanks.com/collecti...-metal-edition
                Did you get the winter version from MotionRC? I don't see it on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by xargsgrep View Post

Did you get the winter version from MotionRC? I don't see it on their site.
                  No, I got that from Taigen (see link), Motion didn't have the Torro's at the time.

Comment

[QUOTE=sclui56;n319340]I don't have a picture handy but this is exactly what I have https://www.taigentanks.com/collecti...-metal-edition

It is the winter camo version,but it doesn't have the wider winter tracks like I have:

Name:	IMG_7118.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	319358

Comment

No, I got that from Taigen (see link), Motion didn't have the Torro's at the time.
                      Is there any difference between Torro and Taigen, or same thing in different branding?

Comment

[QUOTE=DavidN;n319357]

It is the winter camo version,but it doesn't have the wider winter tracks like I have:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7118.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.4 KB ID:	319358
                        At least my sample came with the wider winter tracks. I confirmed that before ordering.

Comment

Is there any difference between Torro and Taigen, or same thing in different branding?
                          By all account, one of the same with minor differences.

Name:	20210719_215242.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	319371

Comment

By all account, one of the same with minor differences.
                            Do the Taigen metal edition tanks come with the wooden crate like the Torros?

Comment

Do the Taigen metal edition tanks come with the wooden crate like the Torros?
                              Nope. It didn't matter to me either way. I bought the previous tanks from Taigen/IMEX b/c they are the importer for NA, they also stock most of the parts when needed. They were also very quick in replacing failed parts, I had a dead speaker in the PZ4 and problematic MFU in a Leo 2. I only bought motors and batteries from Motion thus far, but may get the KT from them once I get over with the "bouncing" barrel.

Comment

my PanzerIV did come with the wooden box. always thought it was a European thing since I never got 1 before from IMEX/TAIGEN/TORRO but Motion RC sent it. the European marketed tanks are set up differently with different charging etc.

Comment

My tank came with this bag of wires. Does anyone know its purpose? Thank you! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7178.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	320057

Comment

Those are for attaching a 6 channel receiver to the Torro controller so you can use a different transmitter for the tank.
                                    The jumper is used to switch between the Torro system and the other TX/RX.
                                    They kind of go over it in the manual, but not very well.
                                    I might try it, but it will probably be a lot of trial and error since they don't mention what channel controls what function.
                                    Steve

Comment

Name:	f2d666ed41685c59aec637f9f49e22bc.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	320060

Comment

You won't be able to activate the MG b/c the factory uses some weird mix and the smoker is always on when tank is running, so I ended up installing an inline on/off for the smoker and screw it next to the main ON/OFF.

Comment

Wow the Taigen instructions are way better than the Torro ones I got with my Sturmtiger.
                                          Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                          X